“Fun Night Out” 4 of 5 stars

$49*
and up
The Carolina Opry
More attraction details
Owner description: If you only see one show... this is the one! "Top Attraction in Myrtle Beach" according to CNBC! The Carolina Opry has won every major South Carolina tourism award including Most Outstanding Attraction and the prestigious Governor's Cup. And it's the only show that has been featured on NBC Nightly News, CNN, TNN, and USA Today, which called it "A Big Hit". The New York Post called it "A Hot Ticket".Entertainer and entrepreneur Calvin Gilmore launched The Carolina Opry on South Carolina's Grand Strand in 1986. His live music variety show features a cast of 36 of the nation's top singers, dancers, comedians and musicians in its own 2200-seat show palace with state-of-the-art sound and lighting and three giant video screens. The show, which is continually updated with new music and comedy, is two hours of high energy entertainment that blends humor and dancing with everything from rock 'n roll, Broadway and country to classic hits, pop melodies and gospel.Young and old are counted among its fans who are sure to include a performance in their visit to Myrtle Beach.In November and December the theater is transformed into a winter wonderland where the magic of the season comes alive in The Carolina Opry Christmas Special a wonderfully dazzling, jolly and sentimental musical celebration of America's best-loved holiday..
Hamilton, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fun Night Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

The highlight of the show is the group of young handsome tap dancers. The whole cast is very talented, though I felt that because the audience was so small they maybe didn't give us their all. Some of them even looked a little bored at times. But, overall, it was a great show and I would highly recommend it. What we didn't like was that when we bought our tickets at the box office we were told to talk to another girl who was a saleperson for time share. I hate wasting my time listening to their spiel. Just let me buy my tickets and be on my way!

3 Thank Susan R

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Great talent, good show.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Wonderful show. We highly recommend that you make this part of your Myrtle Beach vacation!

Asheville, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great singing, smutty comedy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

OK, so I fell a little bit in love with the woman next to me because of the great scent she was wearing. But even without that memory, I'd give the sining in this show 5 stars. It had everything from old fashioned country (minor key, melanchony and none of that tiresome warbling we mis-take for singing nowadays), to rock-inspired country, spirituals (There is a River made me cry), and ballads from the 60s to the 90s. Beautiful female dancers and high energy male tap dancers were another treat. A few of the ultra-conservative political comments I could do without--almost the entire audience was visitors to the area, so why assume they share SC sentiments. Most objectionable to me was the smutty comedy. Sure, I laughed many times, but I' can't reconcile how a show can promote its Christian foundation while still being so preoccupied with breasts, erections, and raunchy sex. This part of the show is not appropriate for younger audience members.

1 Thank nodeceiver
Dothan, Alabama
“Great Show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Highly Recommend seeing this show. Outstanding Performance and friendly staff.

Pelzer
“Excellent performance and location. All performers are very talented and the show is first class. The location good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Love the talent displayed in this show. The music is great and the show is done first class.