“Be entertained!”

Time Warp at Carolina Opry
$53.70*
The Carolina Opry Christmas Special
More attraction details
Owner description: If you only see one show... this is the one! "Top Attraction in Myrtle Beach" according to CNBC! The Carolina Opry has won every major South Carolina tourism award including Most Outstanding Attraction and the prestigious Governor's Cup. And it's the only show that has been featured on NBC Nightly News, CNN, TNN, and USA Today, which called it "A Big Hit". The New York Post called it "A Hot Ticket".Entertainer and entrepreneur Calvin Gilmore launched The Carolina Opry on South Carolina's Grand Strand in 1986. His live music variety show features a cast of 36 of the nation's top singers, dancers, comedians and musicians in its own 2200-seat show palace with state-of-the-art sound and lighting and three giant video screens. The show, which is continually updated with new music and comedy, is two hours of high energy entertainment that blends humor and dancing with everything from rock 'n roll, Broadway and country to classic hits, pop melodies and gospel.Young and old are counted among its fans who are sure to include a performance in their visit to Myrtle Beach.In November and December the theater is transformed into a winter wonderland where the magic of the season comes alive in The Carolina Opry Christmas Special a wonderfully dazzling, jolly and sentimental musical celebration of America's best-loved holiday..
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This is what I would call a true variety show. They have comedy, singers and dancers all arraigned in a way to keep things moving. After a day of shopping or laying at the beach this is a great way to end your day! It's easy to get to and easy to get out after the show. Yes, it's a little pricey but this is Myrtle Beach, enjoy!

Reviewed October 12, 2011

We were visiting my In-Laws back in august. As a "treat", I use this very loosely, they got tickets for the Carolina Opry Good Vibrations show. Let me say this, I hate cheesy theatrical shows that kill some of my favorite music decades. Wait, I hate shows like this in general so to begin with I was not happy to find out this was going to happen prior to the trip. I would have gladly let my inlaws take someone else in my place. So I could something entirely different. Nothing is worse then a "Cruise ship show" that is on land. I wish I could those 2 hours of my life back. I would have gone golfing. I had to endure another show like this before and they knew I did not like these but got tickets anyway. If you like these shows good for you, then go. But if not find a good restaurant and go to dinner. If they have band they are probably better then the performers in this show.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I went to this show with my sister. It had been recommended to me by a friend. I don't know if she saw another version of this, but it was way too glitzy for me. First of all, I agree with the other reviewer who commented about the fancy laser-style lights. Too distracting, too much effort to be kind of "Las Vegas" style. The women all had good voices, but the men lacked energy and zip in their performances, with some exception. This was all over the place, started kind of country, transitioned to one gospel song, then Las Vegas style (Copacabana!) and then oldies.
The most notable thing, however, was very poor comedy. They are indeed an equal opportunity offender--dissing Muslims, Jews, and women. This was an over-priced waste of time.

1  Thank jenim
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We saw the Musical extravaganza "One." Excellent music. Fun time. Myrtle Beach is a great place for entertainment.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We enjoyed the Carolina Opry very much. The music was beautiful and the comedy acts were very funny. The show was long - almost 3 hours, so it was well worth the price.

1  Thank LooneyIAm