“get what you pay for”

Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 8, 2007

Arrived early for a check in on June 5th. Cleck behind desk told me that room would be a half an hour before being ready for check in. No problem, took a walk and came back an hour later. Had a female clerk book me in the worst room at the hotel being that it was next to the maid station at the end of a hallway on the first floor. I only was spending three nights at the place and figured that I would get by. What a disapointment and have to blame myself in that regard. Killed a black spider in the room and half the light bulbs were out. Other. I was forced to leave my air conditioner unit on all the time to knock out the noise from the maid station. Have to mention that other a heavy set female clerk that gave me the room that the other three clerks were accomidating and helpful. Even though the price was cheap I would never revisit this place in a million years. Terrible would be my rating being that it left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank NewJerseyFrog

Reviewed June 4, 2007

Well first of all let me say i booked this room because I basically just needed somewhere with good wireless internet and great value. So I went on tripadvisor and found this to be the highest ranked hotel for $100 or less so then I called and they said wireless internet was great. What a joke!!!! The speeds were sometimes slower than dial up. One night I actually kept getting kicked on and off the internet so many times I just plugged in the phoneline and used dialup. I run an internet business so I still must keep up with that even on vacation. The rooms were pretty nice for $80 a night except for the pillows were aweful(like big rectangle balloons) and the set of dishes in our cabinets looked like they got them from a yard sale. Nothing matched!!! I might consider staying here again if it was the only thing available but I guarantee I bring my own pillow!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2007

My husband and I stayed in an oceanfront king suite last weekend for two nights. It was a very clean and pleasant room with a pleasing view from the balcony. Since our suite was located on the corner of the building, we also enjoyed having a window in our bedroom. The rocking chairs on the balcony were a nice touch and were a comfortable alternative to the unfortunate plastic chairs on many beach front balconies.

My husband and I arrived in Myrtle Beach earlier than anticipated, and much to my surprise, we were able to check right in to our room. I had actually stopped in at the office just to see if an early check-in was a possibility - I was thinking I'd be lucky if it were 30 minutes to an hour. Instead, it was more like four hours early. How nice! By the way, all of the staff that we encountered couldn't have been nicer.

I noticed in earlier reviews that people were unhappy that the main building with the continental breakfast was a bit of a hike across a busy street. However, there was a paper in the room stating that breakfast could be brought over to your room for a minimal charge of $3.00 per breakfast. Another nice touch.

It was especially good that the whole building - even the outside beachfront sitting area - was nonsmoking. We liked that given the fact that many Myrtle Beach properties won't even guarantee a nonsmoking room.

I'm sure we'd stay here again sometimes in the future.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank PJVacationer
Reviewed March 5, 2007

This hotel was adequate for what we needed. It was clean, in a good location,easy beach access, and friendly. The rooms were well stocked to accommidate 3 women.

The only negatives were having to get our luggage up a stairwell (the inn doesn't have elevators), just a minimal continental breakfast, pitiful pillows, and a huge "turd trail" in our commode. It was a little disgusting but a huge laugh for 3 girls silly from a long ride. We just kept reminding ourselves...this is value, ladies.

Overall not a bad experience, but not one of romance. This was suitiable for a couple of gals on a 3 day getaway.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank mkennedy38
Reviewed March 4, 2007

We had a wonderful stay in the Beachfront building. The rooms were nicely decorated with a beachfront balcony that we thoroughly enjoyed. The kitchen was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. We also enjoyed the indoor pool and whirlpool as well as the outdoor pool across the street in the other building. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone we know who is visiting Myrtle Beach, SC.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jillybean64
Reviewed February 14, 2007

The Best Western Grand Strand Inn Myrtle Beach, SC
My wife and I just spent 10 days at the Ocean front Best Western and it was excellant, comfortable, and pleasant in all ways.
My wife and I complimented the owner, Jack Robertson, on the new indoor pool and the exceptional mattresses that were the best we have ever experienced in a hotel! We would recommend
the hotel to anyone, excellant service, beautiful view of the Ocean,
and very relaxing accommodations!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank texmike
Reviewed January 14, 2007

Five Sisters stayed long week-end here and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Managers were very helpful and friendly. This seems to be a Family type Motel and our wish was their demand!! They were helpful in researching shows even though the shows were closed after Christmas!! The Beach Front Pent house was wonderful!! Very Modern and refurbished with all the ameneties!
Would stay there again in a minute!!! Thanks!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family