“The Best place to stay is Best Western, Myrtle Beach”

Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 6, 2006

If you are looking for a place with great rates, immaculate rooms, friendly and helpful staff, and located across the street from the ocean front, this is your very best bet! Having stayed here on several occasions, The Best Western will always remain my first choice when visiting Myrtle Beach. Should you make the same decision, my guarentee is that you, too, will be returning on your next visit!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank grouchoparx
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 5, 2006

We reserved a room for two nights with a crib as we were traveling with 3 children. The hotel said they would bring a crib to the room. After several attempts, they finally said they did not have one and we could get one in the morning. Not good! After being awake for an hour in the middle of the night with a 20 month old on the floor, we got our crib the next day. Again after several requests made by us. Not an apology or anything from the management. We will choose a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank couponchix
Reviewed August 1, 2006

I have no idea why this is ranked so high.
We stayed across the street from the ocean at the main hotel. The room was tiny, barely room to fit in the queen bed and still walk between the table and bed (and I am not large). Kitchenette is remarkably small and basically takes up one wall of the tiny room... it is not really a kitchen area. When laying a suitcase on the floor at the foot of the bed, can barely walk between the bag and the refrigerator. Old paint and stains on walls. While showering, even I can reach the ceiling at 5 foot six, palm flat on the ceiling.
Entire room was dingy. Fuse box is visible on wall. This is definitely the lowest end hotel I have stayed at. I would have been better off at a holiday inn.
The pool and lazy river are ok, and appear clean, although the lazy river is tiny.
There is nothing in the area (walking) in the way of bars etc.
The price was good compared to other hotels when booking last second for one night, but at $124 per night with tax this was a joke! I only intended this to be one cheap night of hotel before checking into my vacation rental, but still had I known any other hotels in the area I would not have stayed here.
On the plus side:
I did not see any bugs in the room.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JenniferP
Reviewed July 31, 2006

I have had the greatest pleasure lodging here (Best Western-Grand Strand Inn and Suites) during our visit to the Myrtle Beach area from July 23 to July 26, 2006.

We stayed at a suite which I certainly considered palatial in nature. We had a complete kitchen amply supplied with all the necessary tableware and ammenities for life away from home. Add to this, a well furnished living room and spacious bedroom placed in a quiet area of the Inn with scant throughfare, if any. Considering its proximity to the beach and lavish accomodations, the daily rate was more than a great bargain. All the staff starting from the owner to the housekeeping staff spared no effort in accomodating our every need and desire for comfort and convenience.

During my stay, I have had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of Mr. Jack Robertson, the owner of this outstanding facility. He personally saw that our lodging experience would be one for the record books. I am more than confident that he would make your stay with Best Western-Grand Strand Inn and Suites as comfortable and memorable as he has made ours.

3  Thank credence
Reviewed July 28, 2006

Just returned from a four night stay at the BW Grand Strand in Myrtle Beach. We had an oceanfront room in the OF building. First, I have mixed feelings about our stay here because....
Upon arrival/check-in, the lobby is located right off a busy street and there is absolutely NO parking room or pull thru space! Check-in was also SLOW as one lady was working the counter. Guests were waiting in line with me in their wet swimsuits and barefeet for complimentary pool towels!!!!!!!!!!
It's nice that the hotel offers the towels, but they don't need to do it right there in the lobby/check-in counter!!
The oceanfront rooms/building is quite nice. The smell in the hallways is pungent of some cleaner that smells like musk cologne and it is strong!! The building and rooms have been renovated and are appropriately decorated. Room was clean. Bathroom was a bit too small and didn't have enough lighting. Kitchenette cabinets need to be replaced---(they just look like an out-dated sytle). Balcony was very nice with the rockers, and was quite roomy. Access to the beach was good as well. The elevator in the oceanfront building was SLOW, SLOW, SLOW!! We had a room on the second floor so we always took the stairs after the first couple of times on the SLOW elevator. I was afraid we'd get stuck in it and miss out on some vacation time!
The worst part of the oceanfront building was the parking!!!!!!! There simply are not enough spaces for the guests in the oceanfront building. The hotel is finishing up putting in an indoor pool area, but I would say instead of wasting time and money on this, they need to address the parking issue. The indoor pool is going to be WAY TOO SMALL anyhow, so rather than put this in, the hotel should have paved for more parking spaces.
Hotel is located right on grand strand and we didn't really like that--too noisy and crowded.
I suppose we'd stay here again if we had too. I'd choose it over other places I've stayed in MB before, but driving around in North Myrtle Beach gave us ideas of some more, better, and up scale places to stay. Plus, North Myrtle Beach is less commercial and congested.
All in all, this hotel is not bad. Stay in OF building and I think you'll enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank misyn02
Reviewed July 24, 2006

We just returned from a terrific week at the Best Western Grand Strand's oceanfront building. The building has been recently renovated and construction is ongoing (they were installing the pool last week). Our oceanfront suite was clean, nicely decorated and well maintained. The private balcony with rockers gave us a wonderful view of the ocean and beautiful beach - very tranquil and relaxing.

Just to add my 2 cents to some of the previous comments, yes, the breakfast lines and elevators are slow. But you are on vacation, so what's the hurry? This is nitpicking IMHO.

The front desk folks were very nice and helpful. The owner should be commended for putting money and work into improving the hotel. My only suggestions for improvement are 1) add a laundry to the oceanfront building, since it is inconvenient to haul laundry back and forth across the street and 2) enlarge the pool's kiddie area beyond the tiny portion sectioned off. My 4-year old doesn't swim yet and was very uncomfortable in the pool.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel, especially the oceanfront building. Thanks for a great vacation!!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank MrsPine
A TripAdvisor Member
Virginia
Reviewed July 10, 2006

OK, well, we stayed at the Best Western based on the online reviews. They were right, the rooms were clean and newly renovated, the staff was nice, check in/out was very smooth, but this is not what I would consider a hotel that should rate as number 4 in popularity. The rooms were small, the parking was difficult, and the hotel facilities were not easy to get to. The guest laundry was on the third floor in a separate building, so in order to use it, I had to go down the stairs and back up three flights of stairs only to relaize that there was no detergent in the veding machine up there. I then go back down the three flights of stairs and over to the main lobby and use the vending machines and then go back up three flights of stairs to start the laundry..then over and over again to put them in the dryer and then to take them back to the room.

The breakfast area was small and inconvenient. The pools were nice and overall I felt safe and relatively happy. I will not stay here again because of the size of the rooms and the inconveniences of the chopped up layout of the buildings. Yes, you get what you pay for, but the difference may mean there will be room to move around in the room.

• Stayed: July 2006