“Super Hotel, Nice Staff, We will return soon”

Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Roanoke, VA
Reviewed September 25, 2005

We just spent a couple of nights at this hotel. The excellent reviews are correct. We stayed at the new building on the beach and it was great. The rooms were comfortable, clean, beautifully decorated and the price is reasonable. The staff is friendly and accomodating. We have been coming to Myrtle Beach for over 40 years and have stayed at many hotels. This is by far the best we have experienced. Next trip, give it a try. You will not be sorry.

• Stayed: September 2005

Medina, Ohio
Reviewed September 23, 2005

I based the selection of the resort on the reviews that other people wrote on this website. When we got to this place place I said 'what were these people talking about?!'. The room smelled terrible, the bathroom was tiny and dirty looking. The pool was practically on the street, which was very busy and loud. There were also roaches everywhere. We left early despite the fact that they would not refund any money for any reason. I will never stay at any Best Western ever again.

Reviewed September 6, 2005

My husband and I chose the Best Western Grand Strand because of the positive reviews on this site, and we were not disappointed. The hotel was clean, safe, modern, reasonably priced, and conveniently located. Even on Labor Day weekend, the hotel was quiet, and the pool and lazy river were not excessively crowded. The front desk staff were somewhat cranky at check-in, and we consistently had to ask for coffee and shampoo refills, but those were minor annoyances.

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank RaniShea
Ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2005

My family and I just returned from a week long vacation at the Best Western Grand Strand. I have to say that we were very impressed with this hotel!! We stayed in the beachfront building from Aug 28-Sept 2nd. This hotel was very well priced compared to the other hotels we looked at. There was a full kitchen, a nice bathroom and two comfortable (very comfortable) queen sized beds. The staff was wonderful to my five year old son. One person working at the front desk even let him borrow her binocculars to use for the week. The breakfast was pretty good although we had to wait a few times for a seat. I can imagine this could be a problem at peak season. If we ever return to Myrtle Beach we won't think twice about staying anywhere else. This is the place to be if you like to be close to everything but still feel as if you have a little privacy.

Reviewed August 29, 2005

We have just returned from a week at the Best Western Grand Strand Inn And Suites in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, we were there from the 21st to the 26th and had a great time. After staying in big Hotels and Resorts all the time, we were surprised at how nice the Grand Strand Inn was.

At check in time the staff was very-very friendly. We met a lovely lady by the name of Pat, who gave us suggestions as to what to do and where to take our 10 year old daughter. She suggested the Dolly Parton Dixie Stampede and we loved it! Thank you Pat!

We stayed in the main building, first level, right across from the pool. This was the first time for us to have a parking space right in front of our door, how great is this. At the big hotels you have to go around and around until you find a space, if not, it's valet parking. The room had two entrances a front and a back door entrance, you were able to find a space at either side. Although we have an inground pool at home, my daughter loved the idea of having a pool outside our door, with a lazy river and a jacuzzi. The pool was kept clean and they would power wash the walk ways in the morning, it was well lit in the evening. The room had two Queen size beds, the kitchenette was equipped with everything you need if you're into cooking.

A continental breakfast was available in the mornings from 6:30-9:30 and consisted of milk/juice/toast/bagels/fruit cup/cereals/a waffle maker which was a favorite by my family and a complimentary daily newspaper was available for all the guests.

The beach was across the street and we had no problems with getting there, we would go out the back door, cross the street and go through the "public beach walkway" to the beach, nice and easy. I read other reviews in which they said it was horrible crossing the street, that was not our case. The beach was perfect, it wasn't crowed as you would find at other hotels and the other families were very nice.

There was one night that we got to our room to find that the bathroom had flooded, the toilet tank had cracked. I called the front desk and a very nice gentleman came over, looked at it, said "I'll be back with another tank" and less than an hour our tank had been changed, and he had cleaned everything.

One thing we did have problems with was with the internet connections, they did mention that they were having problems with that side of the building, we were able to go to the lobby and it should work. Sometimes things happen for a reason, it's vacation time, let's leave work behind. We never made it to the lobby to check our computers.

We will surely be back at the Best Western Grand Strand Inn And Suites. It took us 12 years to return to Myrtle Beach and we had the same great experience as the first time, only better the Grand Strand is the place to stay!! Thank you all for a great stay.

6  Thank blancanj
North Carolina
Reviewed August 28, 2005

I booked this hotel because of the raving reviews I read about. I was not as impressed as the other guests. The staff was very nice! I talked to them on several occasions--when I got lost twice, checking in, checking out and then to get directions. The rooms were clean although it had a weird smell and after walking around in my room in my socks, they were black when I took them off. My Mom accidentally turned the heat on instead of the a/c and the unit produced an awful smell. We opened up both doors and finally the stench went away. I thought I was going to be sick from the smell! The pool and lazy river looked clean although they were very small. I didn't like the location of the motel. This was purely my preference. There wasn't a lot to do for my teenage son. It was very noisy, which then again, it is right on Ocean Boulevard. Even at night it was noisy. I could hear folks in the room next to me and especially outside of my room. I thought the room was a little pricey. They did have plenty of parking so parking was not an issue.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 22, 2005

We stayed at the hotel from August 13 to 21 and had a great time. The check in was quick and painless. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and efficient. The beach is just across the street and easily accessible. We did have a few problems. We had a 1br mini suite on the 2nd floor and found the living room to be small and cramped. The high speed wireless internet was not working and I complained to the front desk about it. I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from the General Manager stating that he had heard about my problem and that they were working on resolving it. They never got it fixed so they moved me to a another suite on the third floor. The internet service there was working perfectly and I could stay in contact with my office. I even observed some individuals surfing the net while sitting on the balcony and in the parking lot. The living room in the suite on the third floor was much larger and more spacious. The only problem was that the airconditioning unit was located adjacent to the dining table which made using the table uncomfortable. I had a slow running drain in the bath tub and called the front desk about it. Within a matter of a few minutes someone was there to take care of it. The hotel is very responsive to the needs of their guests. All factors considered the hotel offers great service at a reasonable price. We will definitely return to this hotel.

2  Thank Bluemtns