As a mother of 6 children all under 12 years old, my husband and I have a hard time finding accommodations that cater to a larger family on a budget. This summer we decided Myrtle Beach, SC would be a great place to visit. We booked at the Best Western b/c of price and room size. We all wanted to stay in one room and the Queen Suite was perfect. Upon entering there is one queen size bed, tv and dresser. The middle of the room moving towards the rear had a kitchen area. Refrigerator, stove, small sink and microwave. Silverware was provided, as well as plates and bowls. There was also a small table with chairs. Off the kitchen was one bathroom that did work well for the family. Past the kitchen was another room with its own tv and dresser and 2 more queen sized beds. We put three kids per bed, shut the door and they all slept well.
We were also excited b/c this hotel has 2 pools, 2 hot tubs and a lazy river. The outdoor pool, lazy river and hot tub are across the street from the beach in the main building. We stayed here b/c it was cheaper, but easy access to the kids favorite part of the trip (the pool) was great. When we wanted to get to the beach we just drove 2 seconds across the street to the hotel's beachfront building. We parked for free, had access to that buildings indoor pool and hot tub, and they had their own beach access ramp complete with outdoor wash off the sand showers.
The greatest part was that everyone was so friendly and helpful. This hotel has a free continental breakfast. You can choose to eat in the lobby area, complete with tables and chairs. For a small fee you can fill out a card and get breakfast delivered to your room. For free (and what we did) was fill out our breakfast order nightly and filled out what time we wanted to pick it up. Then my husband would go down and they would have it ready for him to bring back to the room. Choices included belgian waffles, bagels, cereal, hard boiled egg, oatmeal, danish, muffins, fruit cups, and an assortment of juices, coffee, milk and tea.
They also had coin operated laundry room available if you needed it. Electronic safes were also in every room to store valuables. Since it is a family hotel guests under 21 had to be with parent or guardian and quiet hours are observed from 11p to 8a each night.
We had a wonderful time at the hotel and will definitely stay there again when we go to Myrtle Beach. It may not have a lot of bells and whistles, but if you are looking for a family friendly hotel with great staff then we recommend trying this one. They also have several cottages and an apartment available for those looking for something more homey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join us this year in beautiful, sunny Myrtle Beach and Have A Grand Strand Vacation. With two buildings to choose from, oceanfront and the main building across the street from the ocean. Our clean, affordable rooms, efficiencies, two & three bedroom suites are sure to put you at ease. We welcome families, golfers, and couples (no pets please). Spend your days exploring the beach or lounge around our oversized 30' by 60' seasonal heated pool with separate kiddie pool, lazy river, hot tub, and sundeck. You can also enjoy our indoor pool and hot tub with changing room located at our beachfront facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Best Western, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn And Suites
- Best Western Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Best Western