I picked this place only because I cashed in some of my rewards points from my credit card for a Best Western gift card. Our stay was from Sept 6-9, 2008. We normally stay in North Myrtle, but I was pleasantly surprised with the accommodations at the Grand Strand Inn. I had never stayed at a Best Western and was not sure what to expect. We found the check-in friendly and easy. I had booked an ocean view room on their website, so I figured we would be staying in the section of the hotel that is across the street from the beach. It was great to find out we had an oceanfront room! Looking around in the lobby, hallways, room, etc. I couldn't help but notice how CLEAN everything was. Everything was just spotless, even in the elevator, and usually at the beach at a lot of places, the elevators stay wet and musty. Not here! The room was nice and had a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator, a microwave and a stove. I only checked out the continental breakfast once, but it was nice with muffins, danishes, waffles, the usual fare and good HOT coffee.
One thing I would like to point out is the indoor pool is on the beach side, and the outdoor pool and lazy river was on the other side of the street. I wish that had been reversed, because it is nice to have a pool right by the ocean, but no big deal. I guess the only complaint I have was the lazy river was not as clean as everything else. The pool was immaculate though. Overall, a very pleasant stay, and I will be confident in booking a Best Western again for future travel needs.
I also need to mention that my original travel plans were to be there on Friday Sept 5. With the approach of Tropical Storm Hanna, I called to see if we could bump the reservation 1 day to Saturday. The lady I spoke with was so nice, and said no problem. I asked if there would be an extra charge for changing and she said "Oh no, not a problem or charge at all." How refreshing!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join us this year in beautiful, sunny Myrtle Beach and Have A Grand Strand Vacation. With two buildings to choose from, oceanfront and the main building across the street from the ocean. Our clean, affordable rooms, efficiencies, two & three bedroom suites are sure to put you at ease. We welcome families, golfers, and couples (no pets please). Spend your days exploring the beach or lounge around our oversized 30' by 60' seasonal heated pool with separate kiddie pool, lazy river, hot tub, and sundeck. You can also enjoy our indoor pool and hot tub with changing room located at our beachfront facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Best Western, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn And Suites
- Best Western Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Best Western