“Need not look elsewhere”

Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Massey, Canada
“Need not look elsewhere”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Enjoyed one month with Jack (owner) and all the staff. This property is spotless and well maintained. Great breakfast. All staff with whom I had contact where more than helpful, actualy went out of their way to help in anyway they could. While there in Feb. most people I talked with were repeats, another feather in the cap of this location. I highly recommend this location, my wife and I will be booking shortly for next winter.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank garrie v
Jack R, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! My staff and I love our monthly renters and are so glad to hear from you on TripAdvisor. We value your opinions and are grateful that you choose to share your experience with other travelers. I am so glad to hear that your enjoyed your first time staying with us, and especially that you found that our cusomter service was exceptional throughout the month. We always do our best to make our snowbirds feel welcome and comfortable. It really was a pleasure having you! We'll look forward to seeing you next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Turkish first
raleigh, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2014

staff as always were very pleasant, and willing to help and give directions when needed. Our room was as always clean and the housekeeping staff were very friendly. The indoor pool was very clean and the kids enjoyed it. Breakfast was great and a lot more than most hotels offer. I would how ever preferred a choice of bacon or sausage or at least had a change each day.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Recently stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. I would look around for the price i paid. It is safe but not the value for the money. Staff was very helpful. But i would look for other extras if i was paying that much money . could have picked up other hotels nearby if i had choice .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jack R, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always appreciate hearing guests' feedback, and use it to better our property for the benefit of future travelers. I'm glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us, and especially that you found our customer service to be exceptional. Customer service is one of our highest priorities, and I'm pleased to see that you found this aspect of your experience noteworthy. I am sorry, however, that you felt that our prices were anything less than superior. I can assure you that our pricing is very competitive, compared to other properties with similar amenities. We provide guests with clean, high-quality rooms, free deluxe continental breakfast, brand-new fitness & business centers, and two pool facilities, all with true Southern hospitality. I hope that you will give us another chance!
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I happen to be a travel blogger and travelling is a part of my job. Understandably, I have been to a lot many countries and halted at lot many Hotels. The Grand Strand Inn & Suites however stands apart and even after substantial brain raking, I just couldn’t find a single negative point. The Grand Strand Inn & Suites is more of a royal suite, rather than a conventional Hotel. One of the best Hotels in Myrtle Beach. Splendid rooms, impeccably staff and attentive room service. What else could you possibly need on a vacation? And for people, who complain of the Wi-Fi being costly, well, I personally prefer relaxing and distancing myself from work, when out on a vacation and a free Wi-Fi just spoils the plan.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bernadette H
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed for February 2014 on a monthly rate. Personnel were terrific and the suite was fine. Very nicely located right on the beach with a magnificent view. Able to bike to Myrtle Beach State Park, Market Commons, Boardwalk, on the beach at low tide, etc. Great location. Cold by SC standards but early spring by CNY standards.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Lawrence K
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Maybe it was just the weekend we stayed but we payed over $300 dollars for a 2 night stay in December. The hotel was nice. In a great location and the staff was friendly. Wish the price wasn't as high but other than that it was great. We only stay with Best western and it was the only one with vacancies in the area that weekend

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marcus W
Marcus, I have tried to get in touch with you through TripAdvisor without success. It is my belief that you mistakenly wrote a review for the wrong property on our page. I have thoroughly reviewed all of our weekend reservations in December, and none of our rooms were even close to $300. We also have no record of a guest with your name or a guest from New York throughout that period. I would greatly appreciate hearing from you, so that we can clarify your situation and ensure that your review is posted to the correct property. That being said, I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with a Best Western in the area. Next time you visit Myrtle Beach, we would love to have you with us!
Myrtle Beach, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Great location, nice hotel, best staff any hotel I've stayed at in the past 5 years. The staff makes you feel at home from the moment you walk in. I travel almost every week, and always look forward to staying with this group. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business