So we had a horrible experience with the first hotel we booked so left that hotel and started searching for another one. Anything economical was pretty much booked for the weekend and although I had seen the hotel from a previous visit to MB I was not overly impressed. However, the price was right and we got one of the last rooms left b4 there was no vacancies. Anyhoo, about our room. It was located across the street from the ocean but our balcony view had a beautiful view of the ocean so I still felt like it was an oceanview room. The room was clean and smelled good, which is always a good sign that the facility is well kept, although the property was a bit older. My rule of thumb is to go to only newer hotels, but if I had to choose an older hotel, this would be the one. The beds and bed sheets/tv was updated and you could tell. Now it was a bit like fort knox with the room key deposit (cash), arm bands for breakfast, had to use key to get ice (which is outside and exposed so understandable). One of the best experiences was meeting the owner who just happened to be still working at 8pm in evening. He mentioned they will continue to do upgrades and improve upon the facility and you can tell by just speaking to him he cares enought to put money back into the facility. Very nice guy and down to earth. Good breakfast, healthful and pastrie dishes available. And the pool, THE cleanest I have encountered at ANY myrtle beach property. Very family oriented facility and it was nice to be able to sit on the balcony and watch the people walk by at night. All and all enjoyable stay especially for those with young ones or on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join us this year in beautiful, sunny Myrtle Beach and Have A Grand Strand Vacation. With two buildings to choose from, oceanfront and the main building across the street from the ocean. Our clean, affordable rooms, efficiencies, two & three bedroom suites are sure to put you at ease. We welcome families, golfers, and couples (no pets please). Spend your days exploring the beach or lounge around our oversized 30' by 60' seasonal heated pool with separate kiddie pool, lazy river, hot tub, and sundeck. You can also enjoy our indoor pool and hot tub with changing room located at our beachfront facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Best Western