After reading many reviews on Trip Advisor, I selected the Best Western Plus Grand Strand. Compared to other hotels offering similar amenities, the Best Western was a good deal. Check in went smoothly, as did check out, although I did have to wait for the front desk people to get to me. I would suggest that if there is a line, then two staff members don't need to be helping the same guest, even if the guest is having an issue. The hotel is across Ocean Blvd from the ocean, but it's a short walk. We got extremely lucky with our room. It was to have been non-oceanfront, but actually, it was. We looked across an empty lot to the ocean. No elevators to our room, although there was an elevator to other parts of this building. The room was spacious and very nicely decorated. Immediately, we all commented on how nice it smelled. The terrace was great. Two sturdy white rocking chairs, and plenty of room. It overlooks Ocean Blvd., so it was pretty loud, with all the traffic. The pool is a good size one, with depths of 9 feet, so diving was possible. I'd recommend a few more chaise lounges, but I always managed to get one, as did the other 3 in my group. The managers did a good job in keeping it clean, and ushering people out at midnight. The lazy river was small, and kind of tight to maneuver, but the kids enjoyed it. I saw some adults in there, as well. It was turned on at 9 a.m., but one morning, I saw 2 adult men in there at 8:30 -- no current, so what's the point? The breakfast buffet has early hours. 6:30-9:30. Sometimes, the line is very long. The food was good. Scrambled eggs, waffles, cereal, breads and danishes, some fruit, sausage, and very tasty sausage gravy. The food and juices were always replenished. Sometimes the coffee wasn't, though. I didn't care, not being a coffee drinker, but there were some in my group who couldn't find coffee a few times. If I could make a recommendation, for flow, I'd put the plates at the front of the line, with the utensils, and the drinks at the end. The parking was never an issue. There are a couple of spots that you have to back up out of in, right onto Ocean Blvd. We did that. Once. Throughout the day and evening, we came and went, and upon our return, always found parking close to the stairwell we needed to use. Some vehicles should've parked on the side, bordering The Virginian hotel, since the parking spaces near the pool are hard for large SUVs to get out off. We saw one large SUV, even with help from guests at the pool, hit the pool fence trying to get out. They have vending machines, and ice machines. We had to ask housekeeping what the trick was with the ice machine...you have to keep your room card IN it while getting ice. The housekeepers were quite friendly and nice. Warm and helpful. Greeted us with "good mornings" when we passed by. We didn't need anything but towels on our 2nd day, and they were quick to give us a lot of fresh,clean towels. They did a fabulous job at keeping up with the vacuuming and cleaning. So many hotels are disgusting. Dirty. Not this one. Everyone in our group of 4 felt comfortable and relaxed in the room. The beds were comfortable, as were the pillows. The little mini comforter, though, kept sliding off. I guess these half comforters are the new thing in hotel bedding, because I see them in other chains. They don't do much to keep you warm, and they don't stay on the bed. Most of the time, they're on the floor, which isn't good. None of us had any trouble falling asleep due to any discomfort. The individual temp control in the room worked wonderfully. One person in our group wanted it very cold, set it at 72, and it was indeed cold! The kitchenette had more to it than I expected. I didn't really need anything more than a mini fridge and microwave, and we got more than that. There was a full size, very clean fridge. A clean, working microwave. A mini range. Pots and pans, utensils, plates. EVen a small bottle of dishwashing liquid. Everything was working and clean. All in all, very enjoyable experience. it's an excellent value, and the hotel is not run down, seedy, poorly maintained, or anything like some of the hotels within walking distance. You don't want to go on vacation and feel like the place is crawling with unseen vermin, and you have to keep your shoes on at all times. None of us felt that way. In fact, one of the people is planning to return next summer to the very same hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join us this year in beautiful, sunny Myrtle Beach and Have A Grand Strand Vacation. With two buildings to choose from, oceanfront and the main building across the street from the ocean. Our clean, affordable rooms, efficiencies, two & three bedroom suites are sure to put you at ease. We welcome families, golfers, and couples (no pets please). Spend your days exploring the beach or lounge around our oversized 30' by 60' seasonal heated pool with separate kiddie pool, lazy river, hot tub, and sundeck. You can also enjoy our indoor pool and hot tub with changing room located at our beachfront facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Best Western, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn And Suites
- Best Western Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Best Western