“Good place.”

Ranked #16 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Good place.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

First time in Myrtle Beach. Great hotel, clean and well operated. Location is little bit far from boardwalk but it is a quiet area.
The only I wish they will have bigger breakfast place and dinner restaurant.
And thank you to all stuff especially for Betty.
Will come back.

Room Tip: Do not choose ocean view rooms if you want to sleep quiet.
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Turkish first
Dover, Ohio
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had booked our hotel just a few days before traveling due 2 being their 4 a baseball tournament. I had called and talked with an employee and said our room would be ocean view which it wasn't. Also, the floors were very dirty. We have a son that has special needs and crawls. His knee pads/socks were black. We asked them to sweep the floor and the first 2 vacuum cleaners didn't work. They finally got 1 to work that was probably 20 years old. Our toaster didn't work properly. Also my husband and I went out for a run and his shoes got wet/sandy. He left them outside the room to dry and within 2 hrs. They were stolen. The lazy river had a hole in it and my sons foot got cut on it. They did repair it. The breakfast was good but u have 2 eat it there. I did like the layout of the pool/lazy river 4 watching kids.

2 Thank Krissy600
Jack R, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry that you had anything other than a pleasant experience with my property. Please accept my apologies for any lack of communication regarding your room location, as well as any problems you encountered with housekeeping. We do take these issues seriously and are constantly working to better the guest experience. As I told you in person, I am so sorry, also, that your son cut his foot. I hope that you were pleased with our concern over his cut and immediate repair of the tile in the lazy river. We do our best to provide exceptional customer service to our guests, and would love the opportunity to serve you again. If you return to Myrtle Beach, please consider giving us another try.
new cumberland, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The best western grand stand hotel in myrtle beach is a great place to stay. This is the 4th time we have stayed at this hotel and have always been pleased with it and the service has been great. We will continue to use this hotel in the future when we vist myrtle beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Robert M
Rock Hill, SC, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Excellent staff. Met the owner and he was extremely helpful with recommendations and area info. All staff were excellent. Quality overall was great. First time here and will definitely be back.Hotel appears well cared for. Options for ocean side or right across the street. Nice pool and great breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Dennis R
Thanks so much for your review! I'm very glad to see that you found our conversation to be helpful, and that your experience was excellent in every way. We love serving local Carolinians and will definitely look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area!
Easley
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stopped in recently without a reservation-was very skeptical initially as so many of the hotels in Myrtle Beach are old and nasty. What a pleasant surprise! Although this is an older property it was extremely clean and well kept. The room and bath were very clean and the towels and linens were fresh and soft. Pool and fitness areas also very clean. All staff we encountered were friendly, helpful and gracious. My only suggestion would be that the breakfast area be moved away from the lobby, as it is much too crowded, however the breakfast itself is very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen F
Crossville, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed here for our first family vacation. 2 adults and 3 kids. We stayed in the oceanfront suites and felt the price was perfect and the view amazing! The kids grew tired of swimming in the ocean quick and this hotel kept the kids outdoors, we spent most of the day going from pool to lazy river then to the indoor pool. We wanted to stay late and swim before heading home. We took advantage of the changing rooms, taking showers and preparing for our 10 hour drive home! We do not a one negative thing to say about this hotel! Very nice and everyone was so helpful!

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My 5 yr old and I stayed here for a long weekend and I am very happy we did, it was a great place to stay! Since I was traveling alone with a toddler I was already worried about how hard it would be but the staff here was very helpful and just nice. From the start when I checked-in, I forgot my hang tag that you have to put in the car and the front desk attendant tracked me down to give it to me. When he saw it was just me trying to get my stuff out, he went and got me a cart to put my stuff on and offered to help take it up.
The breakfast was very good and the staff made sure it was well stocked and everyone had what they needed.
We didn't stay in one of the ocean view rooms but our room was very nice, clean and comfortable. I choose not to have it cleaned since I didn't know how long we would be on the beach and the cleaning lady came by later to make sure I didn't want the room cleaned and gave me fresh towels. Overall it was a great place to stay and would stay again.