“Wonderful experience at the Best Western”

Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jefferson, NC
“Wonderful experience at the Best Western”
Reviewed June 2, 2008

My grandsons and I booked a #15 room with 3 queen sized beds and kitchen. The room was clean and well appointed. The reservation clerks were most helpful and polite. The breakfast was excellent and the assistant did a wonderful job of making sure that the guests had what they wanted. The beach was just across the street. My only complaint was the A/C noise.

• Liked — Friendliness of the staff, safety, value
  • Disliked — A/C cycling noise
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Turkish first
Greenville
Reviewed May 22, 2008

My name is Mike Arrowood, I own a construction company and I travel fairly often. I usually get pretty good services at various hotels, but Wayne C. gave such excellent service when I stayed at Best Western in Mrytle Beach May 15th-18th 2008. He was absolutely great, treated me with the utmost kindness, and I will highly recommend to anyone this hotel, as well as continue to stay there in the future.

Stayed May 2008
Pinnacle, N.C.
Reviewed May 20, 2008

My wife and I just returned from bike week and our stay at the Best Western was a wonderful experience. The staff was great and the room was clean and very roomy. The location of the hotel is convienant to just about anything that you want to do. We are already planning a return trip in June, and will also stay here again during the Fall Bike Rally. We recommend this Best Western to anyone looking for a great place to stay with a very friendly staff that is also a great value.

Thanks again to the entire staff for providing a great and safe place to stay during bike week!

Jim & Angela

• Liked — friendliness of staff, cleanliness of room, hotel location, size of room, value
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Columbus OH
Reviewed May 19, 2008

A group of us rode motorcycles, and the BWGSI welcomed us. Thinking of our needs, they provided water and clean rags to clean our bikes, and kickstand pads for those who needed them. The whole Inn and grounds is clean and well cared for. To say well cared for in this instance actually means the Inn 'felt' cared about by its owner and staff. All the personel were friendly and anxious to help. Across the street from the Atlantic Ocean, we lounged in the heated pool, hot tub and lazy river in the evenings. Who had time to watch TV with free HBO! We are planning our return vacation.

• Liked — everything was so very clean!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
acdnoble
Reviewed May 10, 2008

We have camped/taken cruises for most of our vacations for the past 30 years, thus did not know what to expect from a reasonably priced motel in the heart of Myrtle Beach during a recent weekend getaway. It was perfect--the staff was excellent-going out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. The motel is close to everything-north and south! The pool area was clean and had music playing all day to enjoy. Breakfast included waffles cooked by someone else and served to you! We look forword staying there again, when the traffic returns to normal after the "biker"weeks are over.

Stayed May 2008
McCalla, AL
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I had originally made my reservations online and later had to make changes and went through BW Central. Later again I had to make changes and ultimately ended up going directly to the manager located at the Best Western Grand Strand. He very eagerly and compassionately worked with me until I got the rooms I needed for my small group. During my stay there was a slight wireless connection problem that one of the staff personnel and the manager worked on for me to accomplish the fix. They went beyond my expectations when they provided the necessary accommodations for one of our very elderly guest. I highly recommend the Best Western Grand Strand at Myrtle Beach, SC for your family friendly hotel.

• Liked — Staff courtesy and friendliness.
  • Disliked — No elevator acess to my room.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dunkirk, New York
Reviewed May 5, 2008

We just returned home from our spring trip to Myrtle Beach, and wanted to share with those of you who are looking for a really nice clean, friendly place to stay. We've been going to M.B. for 17 years, trying a number of different hotels before discovering the Best Western Grand Strand about 10 years ago. It is the BEST! We have been going there ever since (sometimes twice a year!). We know we can count on friendly, courteous service, a safe, clean room (and we're fussy), a good breakfast every morning (no extra charge), both an indoor and outdoor pool - nice for those cooler days, and a very reasonable rate. We've gotten lots of great advice on the best places to eat from the owner, who as busy as he is, always has time to stop and chat, and catch up on how we've been doing since our last visit! He and his wife are always looking for and implementing improvements to make their hotel one of the best at the beach. We strongly recommend that you check them out!! You will have a relaxing, enjoyable stay, and as many others have done, like us, you will return again and again!
P.S. we've met lots of really nice fellow travelers too - very easy to do at this hotel, as friendly people tend to gravitate here, and return!
Jim and Kim