“Clean and the Price was Right”

Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Clean and the Price was Right”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel was very reasonably priced, rooms were very clean, service was pleasant, one block off the beach. Breakfast was simple yet had a nice selection, with waffles, cereal, juices, eggs and sausage. We would stay there again. This hotel is in South Myrtle Beach, meaning it is a little removed from the traffic of downtown, but still a short drive away.

Room Tip: Rooms were very clean, bed was comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Turkish first
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We recenlty stayed at this hotel over the weekend and had a wonderful experience .. the staff including the owner Mr Robertson went out of their way to make our stay pleasant and as comfortable as possible .. we had some trouble with the security safe on our second day .. the whole issue was handled very efficiently .. it helped decrease our anxiety and restore our peace of mind ..The breakast was very good too .. what made it special was the cheerful lady from the staff constantly making sure everyones needs were being met . The view from our hotel room was very beautiful too !! We will definitely recommend this place to our friends and will come back here again..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Apex
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed to see Gaitherfest and gotta say what a deal! The room was extremely clean, although showing it's age. The employees I encountered were very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was like any I've had, not bad at all. I give it an excellent because I know of hotels that are more money and no where near as clean or nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The best thing was that the room was right on the beach. A ground floor, beachfront room with a balcony and 2 rocking chairs. Dunes do prevent you from seeing the ocean, though on the bottom floor. WIFI worked ok. Staff was friendly, we saw 2 people once each. The room was clean.
Negatives:
This building is across a main highway from the main building. There very little parking and loading and unloading you car is difficult and inconvenient. Folks from the other building drive over to go to the beach causing even less parking to be available.

The room's lighting is horrible. They seem to be using energy saving lights, we needed to use a flashlight to read in the room! Way too dark in the room.

Not sure what kind of mattresses they were but they collapsed on the sides when you sat on them. Once you were in bed it was comfortable enough, but the mattresses weren't solid at all.

Kitchen was good and worked well,which we used to fix our own breakfast. The free breakfast was across the highway in the other building. We needed to continually move the table and chairs in order to use them and they were so heavy and the ceramic flooring was very noisy. We could even hear the people above us moving their furniture.

I love the beach and was disappointed that the hotel wasn't better.We left a day early and drove to Florida. We most likely would not stay there again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank G D
puravidaagain, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I'm so sorry to hear that my property was not to your liking; we strive to make each guest's experience exceptional and so we take your feedback very seriously. I'm glad that there were many aspects of your stay that were positive, including the cleanliness of the property and the friendliness of my staff.

I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding the parking in our oceanfront building. There are a sufficient amount of spaces for guests staying beachfront and we ask all of our guests staying in the main building to refrain from parking in the oceanfront spaces. Also, we are very diligent in ensuring that only our guests use our lots. However, I recognize that the space is limited and apologize for the frustration it caused you during your stay.

All of our mattresses are Kingsdown Pillow Soft or Pillow Top, which means that they are some of the most highly acclaimed on the market. Unfortunately, everybody prefers their beds at different hardnesses. We do our best to accommodate all guests; I wish you would have mentioned these concerns to my staff so that we could take measures to make you more comfortable. The same goes with the lighting: we do use energy efficient lights throughout the property but we would have been happy to replace the bulbs in your room during your stay so that you were more comfortable.

Again, please accept my apologies for those aspects of your stay that were less than excellent. My staff takes guests' feedback very seriously and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
FLEETWOOD
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I were extremely pleased with our stay. The staff is extremely pleasant and always going out of their way to help. Our room was spotless and thank you Scott for the upgrade. We stayed in a king mini suite that is wonderful! We definately will be back! Great staff!

1 Thank lori01pa
Trenton, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have MS and chemical sensitivities and need more accurate information when booking a room. They were very knowledgeable, helpful and really went out of their way to make my stay good. The room was nice and clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
puravidaagain, Owner at Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you so much for writing a review! I'm sure that other travelers who have chemical sensitivities will appreciate hearing of your experience at our property. We always do our best to accomodate guests' requests... I'm pleased to hear that the measures we took in cleaning your room were successful. We hope that you come back and visit us!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My two friends and I planned a trip to Myrtle Beach the second week in October an d I searched for a reasonably priced hotel near the beach with enough room for the three of us. The reviews on Travel Advisory for this hotel were the best I found. After searching their site I found a 2 suite with three queen beds for close to what other hotels were charging for two beds. Although the room did not have an ocean view I booked it. Then I worried until we arrived. It was south of the boardwalk and far from activities according to some, in an older part of Myrtle Beach and I had made the choice for us. I could have saved myself the stress. From checkin to checkout the experience couldn't have been better. Dennis greeted us like old friends, the rooms were exceptionally clean, beds were comfortable, there was a kitchenette and a great view of the ocean! Breakfast was plentiful with bagels, yogurt, biscuits, cereal, and waffles. The area was very clean with plenty of seating. An attendent was very helpful. I would definitely stay here again. Only downfall - we didn't bring bathing suits because thought it would be cold. Lovely pool and warm enough to swim. Note: five minute drive to boardwalk, ten to fifteen to shopping and theaters.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for your complimentary review! I'm glad to hear that we were a "pleasant surprise" and that your worries were unfounded. We work hard to ensure that every guest has an exceptional stay with us, and so it is always appreciated when guests give us positive feedback. We'll look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Myrtle Beach. Next time, though, you'll have to come ready to swim!