“Great Hotel, Great Location Even Though Not Directly on Beach”

Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #52 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Great Hotel, Great Location Even Though Not Directly on Beach”
Reviewed July 10, 2009

The Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center is centrally located in Myrtle Beach. The hotel is only two blocks from the beach (5 minute walk), and is close to shopping and restaurants. The hotel is two blocks from Broadway at the Beach (a mix of Pleasure Island and Times Square). The hotel is within 10-15 minutes walk of the main strip downtown, were everyone congregates in the evening and night.

Upon arriving at the hotel, we were allowed ealry check, and found the room to be in top shape. The hotel offers a garage for self-parking at $5.00 per day or valet for $10.00 per day. There is no direct access from the garage to the hotel, but the walkway is covered.

The rooms were clean, and comfortable, with the beds being covered in a down-filled duvet. The hotel is well-maintained, and one of the best features is the third floor enclosed pool and hot tub/jacuzzi with connecting exercise room.

We did not eat at any of the onsite bars or restaurants, as there were too many we wanted to try offsite. Dirty Don's on 21st one block from the hotel towards the beach, has great happy hour specials on food. It's a great place to eat and people watch or catch sports on the TV.

The hotel also offers a free Wi-Fi and internet lounge in the lobby.

Since we booked this room at the last minute (1 1-2 days before check-in), paying around $63.00 with taxes included on Priceline, we cannot complain about anything about this room or hotel. We had a lucky draw on a $50.00 bid and could not have been happier. The regular room rate for a standard double for the weekend of July 4th was $179 plus tax or $159 with AAA.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Greensboro
Reviewed July 4, 2009

I will begin with check in. Check in was simple and quick however I did dislike the fact that you had to park in a parking deck that was over crowded. The elevators for the parking deck are not air conditioned so you can imagine with this July heat how hot it was. The only nice thing about the parking deck was you needed a room key to gain access. Onto the hotel lobby and indoor elevators. The lobby is beautiful and I thought it was nice that they offered complimentary internet access. The elevators were clean and also required the usage of your room key to gain access to your floor. Ok now we are going to talk about the hotel room. I requested a Jr. King Suite and from the description online I thought it was going to be much nicer. The pictures will tell a thousand words, the room was mediocre. I had a serious issue with the fact that the comforter smelled of urine. Complete turn off! ! ! The bathroom sucked, and the view from the balcony was subpar. The resturant was very good, and I liked the server. On the flip side the walk to the beach was quick about 10 minutes and 2 blocks. I wouldnt suggest walking to Broadway at the beach unless you are use to walking because there is alot of walking to be done. I will not return to this hotel. Oh, the pool is only 3ft and its filled with children. It looks nothing like the picture. The workout room is nice and they give you free ice. Also the location is good if you dont like to be on a crowded street like Ocean Blvd. If you do decide to stay I hope your experience is better, and for those of you who are critical like myself do not waste your time.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Logan, WV
Reviewed July 3, 2009

We needed a cheap but nice place to stay overnight until our reservations were ready. I went to Priceline and put in a $50 request for a 3 1/2 star on Myrtle Beach. The gave me an oceanview room on the 10th floor with double beds. Great price, excellant room, couldn't ask for more. Very clean and plush. Very small pool area though. Short walk to the beach, but beware at night it is not a great idea. You have to walk about three blocks two the beach where one block is completely dark. Great for a quick, cheap stay, oh yeah this was the week of the fourth of July for $50.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed June 20, 2009

This hotel looks impressive and beautiful, but I was not happy. To add to the misery, I booked trhough Hotwire and didn't know what hotel I would get. (GOD, HOTWIRE...NEVER AGAIN). Shertaon Myrtle Beach is not on the beach and is quite far. The beach nearby is almost deserted, no guard at all. Also keep in mind, the hotel is pet friendly, so allergy friendly too. If I knew the hotel was pet friendly waking me up at 6am in the morning, I would have stayed at Roadway Inn.. lol.. Room I got was facing the humongous airconditioner. At night I couldn't bear the noise and asked to change the room. And they did change! Anyhow, both rooms had no good view of ocean. just buildings. I felt I over payed to stay in a big name hotel in a beach and couldn't really enjoy the beach at all. The malls eateries were over croweded. I was surprised to see people parking on the grass and on curbs. I went from metro Northeast, and never saw that! There were trafic jams going most places.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed June 16, 2009

We enjoyed our one night stay here. The hotel room was nice and the bathroom was huge and looked like it did in it's photos. The beds were the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. I wish I could have takem the plush pillows home with me. They were the most comfortable pillows ever. Your head just melt in the pillows. I had the best sleep I've had in years in a hotel.

The only draw back was the carpet needs to be either upgraded or cleaned in the hallways. I was a little surprised to see the wear and tear of the carpet. Otherwise, this place was the BEST! Oh and the parkni

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed May 17, 2009

I traveled with my husband, two small kids and dog for a few days away from home. At first, we were skeptical about staying at this hotel after reading some reviews online. We wanted a place that was kid-friendly as well as pet-friendly and we didn't want to pay some huge fee to bring our small dog with us. There aren't too many hotels in Myrtle Beach that allow pets at no charge so our choices were limited. Needless to say, we were impressed with the Sheraton. The staff was nice, the room was great and our kids loved the indoor pool. The room shows no signs of pets (hair or smell). We booked through the Sheraton website and got a great deal. We'll definitely be going back!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Rockind
NC
Reviewed May 8, 2009

My husband and daughter along with our grandmother stayed here due to the competition we were attending being at the convention center.
The hotel is beautiful and the rooms were very clean. We stayed for 2 nights/3 days and the fact that we didn't have to go out of the building to attend the competition paid for its self.
The cleaning staff was friendly for the most part. The front desk staff was SUPER nice and very helpful when I had questions.
The only thing I wasn’t happy at all with was the parking deck, it's very confusing.
We will be staying here again next year.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business