“Always great”

Ranked #49 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Gainesville, Georgia
“Always great”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

In traveling, there are certain hotels that I can't wait to go back to and this is one. I've been going here for 9 years, every January for business, and its always great. It's clean, the staff is friendly and the hotel gives you the feeling of fun even though it is not season in January at the beach.

• Stayed January 2013
Juli P, Director of Revenue at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Good Afternoon 4ob. Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us this great review. We really appreciate your feedback. It's so great to hear that you enjoy your stay with us time after time. We are looking forward to your next stay. Have a wonderful week.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I took a chance by naming my own price with Priceline at the last minute. Luckily I scored a fabulous deal on the Sheraton. Normally I'd avoid this type of property with 2 young kids because of the price and lack of outdoor pool, but my amazing deal was impossible to resist. This hotel is starkly modern, quiet, and caters to business travelers. The location is perfectly situated in town but is several blocks from the beach. Food, shops, and entertainment are within walking distance though. My family enjoyed the huge rooms, dreamy linens on comfy beds, shallow indoor pool, and well-equipped fitness center. The mini-fridge and microwave were a bonus. The internet was free, but slower than I'd like. My only complaint was the parking fee and the odd garage layout beside the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon kayakdaddy. Thank you very much for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We really appreciate your feedback. It's so nice to hear you enjoyed our facility and the amenities we have to offer. We really hope you will come back and stay with us again. Have a wonderful week.
NC
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I booked this hotel by getting an excellent rate using Name Your Own Price. I stayed with my husband and our 7 week old son for one night. We didn't spend any time at the hotel other than to sleep as we spent our days with family at their hotel about 10 miles away. The bed was very comfortable, and we slept well. The room had everything that we needed, including a fridge. There were a couple things I did notice In our room such as a broken drawer handle on the dresser and a broken stopper in the tub. However, neither of these affected our stay. The location is excellent, especially if you are looking to spend time at Broadway at the Beach. Access from the parking lot was somewhat inconvenient, especially with a newborn. Parking is $8 a night and there is a facility fee of $5 a night. Normally, I would probably not stay at a hotel with these kinds of charges, however, the rate I got from Priceline was amazing, so the extra $13 did not bother me. I would definitely stay here again but probably not at their normal rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Juli P, Director of Revenue at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Good Morning azdang. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate the feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our Sheraton Suite Sleeper bed. Thank you for making us aware of the small issues in the room it is important to us to have those addressed immediately. Thank you again for your review! We do hope you will come back and stay with us again. Have a wonderful weekend
canton,nc
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Incredible service. We satyed on a saturday and plenty to do within walking distance. Staff was fast and friendly. Rooms were spotless. We chose to upgrade for the club lounge for 20.00 and we should have saved our money. But everything else was 5star

• Stayed June 2013
Juli P, Director of Revenue at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Good Afternoon Matthew C. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your great review, we really appreciate hearing the feedback! We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your room and the staff. We sincerely hope you will come back and stay with us again soon. Have a great week!
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked 2 nights at the sheraton and we tottally enjoyed it. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The rooms very clean and beds comfy. The only thing that was a pain was the elevators going and coming from the parking garage and I know it is to keep the hotel safe. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon winnie1957r. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your awesome review, we really appreciate the feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We really hope you'll come back and stay with us again soon! Have a wonderful week
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed June 29, 2013

So this Sheraton is not bad, but listening to co-workers it seems the lower floor rooms are much worse for the wear than the 10th+ floor rooms. I was lucky to have a pretty decent room away from the noise of the convention center and traffic. The hotel wasn't bad, just seemed a bit of a let down compared to other big Sheraton hotels I have stayed at in other cities. Of course, it being attached to a convention center brings its own problems of parking issues, crowds, and noise. The hotel has a small breakfast cafe on the second floor which was convenient, but not anything special. The Wifi was pretty slow, and the A/C was not very powerful. It gets a three star from me based on the lower than expected rate for the quality. If you're staying there because of the convention center it may be worth it, otherwise I would shop around. On the higher floors, the view is nice though.

Room Tip: Really try for a 10th floor or above room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Good Morning wanderingkale. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate your feedback. We hope you enjoyed your time in Myrtle Beach. The 10th, 11th, and 12th floors are our newly renovated SPG floors, thank you for noting the great view. We do hope you will come back and see us. Have a great weekend
Donalsonville, Georgia
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was a little disappointed but would stay there again because of the location. My view was over the parking deck and nothing special. (I guess okay given the fact that I didn't pay for a better view). The second day we were there, Housekeeping only emptied one trash can and didn't leave coffee or cups. When I called the front desk, they said they would take care of it. They sent the same housekeeper who began to argue that she emptied the trash. When I showed her that she had not, she said she didn't see it. Other than that, the room was very clean. The hallway had some plates and pizza boxes left outside guests' rooms for a very long time which was unpleasant to see. Most places remove them right away.
I loved the fact that there was a coffee shop in the hotel!!!! The only problem is that there was no one behind the counter and I had to wait for them to come back so I could order. This happened twice.
I stayed on the 10th floor. It was very quiet. There was a rather large area of carpet that was wet near the elevator where they placed a "caution wet floor" cone. It stayed there for days right in the way of the elevator traffic. Not good when you have tons of luggage to carry. You would think they would have used a vacuum or dryer.
They have 4 elevators but one was out of order. This was a very busy weekend as a national dance competition and convention was taking place in the adjoining convention center. The hotel was booked and the guests could have used that 4th elevator instead of having to wait forever on an elevator.
I checked out at 7 am. I waited for someone to come to the counter for about 5 minutes before I stepped behind the counter and yelled "excuse me" twice toward an office with a light on in the back. I could hear someone get up but he took his time coming to the counter. Unlike the sweet lady that took care of me at check in, he was not friendly at all. Not even a smile.

Room Tip: You might be able to see the water if you ASK for a better view than the top of a parking deck.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon pirbrightigrl. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a view, we really appreciate the feedback. It was a rather busy weekend with the competition, however this should not have tarnished your experience here with us. The issues you encountered will most definitely be addressed with the proper employees. We unfortunately were experiencing difficulties with one of our elevators, that you for making us aware of the challenges so that we can have a protocol in place if something like that were to happen in the future. Again that you so much for your feedback we hope you will come see us again