“My experience could have been better.”

Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #59 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was a little disappointed but would stay there again because of the location. My view was over the parking deck and nothing special. (I guess okay given the fact that I didn't pay for a better view). The second day we were there, Housekeeping only emptied one trash can and didn't leave coffee or cups. When I called the front desk, they said they would take care of it. They sent the same housekeeper who began to argue that she emptied the trash. When I showed her that she had not, she said she didn't see it. Other than that, the room was very clean. The hallway had some plates and pizza boxes left outside guests' rooms for a very long time which was unpleasant to see. Most places remove them right away.
I loved the fact that there was a coffee shop in the hotel!!!! The only problem is that there was no one behind the counter and I had to wait for them to come back so I could order. This happened twice.
I stayed on the 10th floor. It was very quiet. There was a rather large area of carpet that was wet near the elevator where they placed a "caution wet floor" cone. It stayed there for days right in the way of the elevator traffic. Not good when you have tons of luggage to carry. You would think they would have used a vacuum or dryer.
They have 4 elevators but one was out of order. This was a very busy weekend as a national dance competition and convention was taking place in the adjoining convention center. The hotel was booked and the guests could have used that 4th elevator instead of having to wait forever on an elevator.
I checked out at 7 am. I waited for someone to come to the counter for about 5 minutes before I stepped behind the counter and yelled "excuse me" twice toward an office with a light on in the back. I could hear someone get up but he took his time coming to the counter. Unlike the sweet lady that took care of me at check in, he was not friendly at all. Not even a smile.

Room Tip: You might be able to see the water if you ASK for a better view than the top of a parking deck.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Juli P, Director of Revenue at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Good Afternoon pirbrightigrl. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a view, we really appreciate the feedback. It was a rather busy weekend with the competition, however this should not have tarnished your experience here with us. The issues you encountered will most definitely be addressed with the proper employees. We unfortunately were experiencing difficulties with one of our elevators, that you for making us aware of the challenges so that we can have a protocol in place if something like that were to happen in the future. Again that you so much for your feedback we hope you will come see us again

Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel is in no way a 4 star hotel . They overbook the rooms and then make up stories about why you rooms aren't available . No one has any idea what is going on , everyone stands around like Forest Gump and scratches their heads . Then after they mess up they try to bribe you with a crappy buffet and free parking . . .

I STAY IN ABOUT 150 HOTELS A YEAR . I WOULD RATE THIS HOTEL AT BEST A 2.8 IF THAT WAS POSSIBLE . THE ROOMS ARE OK AND IT IS THE BEST HOTEL IN MYRTLE BUT THAT'S NOT SAYING MUCH .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank MakeupKing

Good Afternoon MakeupKing. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience with us. We do pride ourselves in our service & facility so the issues you have mentioned will most certainly be addressed with the proper management. The time frame you were in house was bit stressful due to the very large group we had in house. However this should not have tarnished your experience here with us. Thank you again for making us aware of the challenges you faced during your stay. We do hope you will give us a second chance to meet your expectations. Have a great day.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We just spent five nights at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach. We were there for a national dance competition and convention. The hotel served its purpose. Check in went well for us. When we arrived in the room assigned on 6th floor, it smelled horribly of cigarette smoke. I called, and the hotel promptly switched us to a room on the 9th floor. So thankful! This is a smoke free hotel but it was obvious the prior guest did not observe that rule. We used the free shuttle several times to get to beach or Broadway at the Beach. Nice option for those without a car. We also appreciated the food carts in the convention area for snacks and lunch between classes. The room was average. Not as clean as I would like, but not disgusting. Hallway carpets yucky, but they worked to clean them at least twice while we were there. As a convention hotel, to be expected. The biggest problem for this hotel is lack of elevators! This hotel is in the business of hosting LARGE conventions and yet there is only 1 bank of 4 elevators located in entire hotel, and 1 wasn't working the entire time. Certainly a design problem, and not something that managers can fix on their own, but frustrating for guests standing in line to go up or down. And stairs weren't really an option because floors are locked and you had to find someone to unlock for you. The hotel had added parking to my bill but fixed it immediately when I pointed out that I did not have a car. Starbucks coffee served in coffee bar and provided in pods in the room. I would stay here again if needed for a convention.

• Stayed: June 2013

Good Afternoon CHRISTYLOVES2TRAVEL. Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are so happy to hear you had a nice stay and that you were able to take advantage of the services provided. Thanks for your input about the elevators we do like to hear this information so we can try to make arrangements to have the stairs opened during large conventions. Again thank you for you review and we hope to see you again. Have a great week

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was great just a little too far to walk to and from beach/bars. We moved only because of location and we had no car at that stage. It's a lovely hotel and our room view was amazing ! Staff are very friendly and helpful too.

• Stayed: June 2013
Juli P, Director of Revenue at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Good Afternoon AMEDerry. Thank you so much for your awesome review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff made you feel welcome. Please come back and see us again soon. Have a wonderful week.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed here for the last part of our honeymoon. The room was nice looking and comfortable, but we had several incidents with the toilet. It kept stopping up after every use. As a result we opted not to use the bathroom - having to call the front desk on two separate occasions to fix the situation. We were pretty sure that the hotel was made aware of the problem before we booked the room. So before you book, check out the room if possible and do yourself a favor by going to the toilet and flushing it, just to make sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Phikappasaxa

Good Afternoon Phikappasaxa. Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback of your stay. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the room. I hope the issue was resolved before check out. It is important for us to know these things so that we can fix the issue for future guests. We do hope you will come back and see us. Have a great week

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while my husband attended a trade show. Upon check in they had no record of our reservation but after about 15 min of "looking" they gave us a room. The clerk looked at our conf and said that's not even the rate for the trade show its lower than your reservation price but I can't give u the actual show rate. So you loose our Rez and then don't even give us the correct price? Ok...moving on. Lobby is great. Rooms are OK. BAthroom was gross. Hair everywhere, towels that were brand new and NEVER washed (smelled like it and linty) and pink mold in the shower head. Floors and walls are paper thin. we could here everything. Fights, people using the bathroom, TV, ect. View was amazing tho. Bar staff was great! Phil was a doll and gave my 6 ur old a cookie! Parking lot was kinda a pain but not totally horrible.

1  Thank Ally3330

Good Afternoon Ally3330. We really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. Please know that your issues will be reported to the appropriate departments and we will try to prevent these issues in the future. I'm glad you enjoyed the view, hopefully you will come back and give us a second chance to go above and beyond your expectations. Again, we are so glad you made us aware of the challenges you faced during your stay. Have a great week.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

stayed for one night in room 335 the noise in the air condition units outside sounded like I was on an airplane. When I asked a staff member about it, she laughed and said I got the noisy floor.

The carpets probably had 12 stains on them. The bed was so soft I fwlt like I was on a marshmallow. Parking in a seperate garage then you walk through a dimmly lit walkway past the smoking associates standing there under the sign which states the best associates in south carolina walk through this door. I would have to disagree based on the level of service. The bellman were the only associates who seemed to care, but then they arw working for tips.

disappointed with this stay.

1  Thank dooner78

Good Afternoon dooner78. Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback of your recent stay. We are so sorry that you were not happy with your room or your stay. The issues with the room will be addressed with the proper department, as far as the associates I can assure you we will take this comment very seriously and the appropriate actions will be taken. Hopefully you will be able to return and give us a second chance to show you how proud we are of the hotel. Thank you again for your review.