“4 star hotel??? By who's standards?”

Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #59 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We booked this hotel through Priceline as a quick escape at the start of the Summer. I appreciate that the room was available early and the staff was very accommodating. However, this hotel is concerning, especially for a "4 star" hotel. The vents in both the bathroom and bedroom have a layer of FILTH that is very concerning, especially for a family with young children. We've all been sick since returning home after 2 nights at this hotel. Breathing treatments since returning home for our 6 year old and bronchitis for both parents. All in all, we won't be back.

2  Thank NeverAgain28277
Juli P, Director of Revenue at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hello NeverAgain28277. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I'm so sorry the cleanliness of your room was not up to standards, this is something we take very seriously and it will be addressed with the appropriate department. We do hope you are feeling better. Thank you again for your feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Nice rooms. Air went out and maintenance fixed while at dinner. Concierge service knows the best recommendations. Enjoyed the city while there on business. Short walk to the ocean. The only downfall is that such a large hotel chain does not offer Airport pickup.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SRN

Hi SRN. Thank you so much for writing a review of your stay. We really appreciate your feedback. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay and that your issues were promptly fixed. Happy to hear you had time to enjoy the area while here. Hopefully you'll be able to come back soon and see more of it. The city of Myrtle Beach has recently started a shuttle running from the airport to the hotel with a scheduled pick up. Please call the hotel next time and we'll make sure its arranged for you. Have a nice day.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

on a 2 day get away w/ my 3 kids. i had been here b4, but i forgot. Got a great deal on the room. I booked 3rd party, had no problem, check in took about 5 mins, friendly staff. The hotel is located 2 highways over from the beach, away from commotion, i walked to the beach one morning, and drove over the next day. Parking garage is $8 a day, wasn't too fond of that, but i figured they were sharing it with the bldg.next door, no matter what floor u park on, u have to go to the ground floor, leave the garage area and walk back in the hotel through the lobby, quirky. Room was very nice and clean, beds very comfy. The 2nd day, we went to the pool for awhile and housekeeping came in and cleaned the room, made up the beds, fresh towels, very nice. I went to the pool with the kids looking for a hot tub while the kids swam, no hot tub, the 1 pool there was clean but only 3 ft all around, my teens fussed but made the best of it. i did not use the other amenities, the bar, cafe, etc..... just wanted to relax somewhere quiet with my novels that was not over crowded or over booked and i was able to do just that, "relax". overall, i would stay here again, even with a few quirks here and there.

Room Tip: Take time and read plenty of reviews about "room and staff experiences" and then make a so...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Hi alison1130. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate the feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and had a nice vacation. Glad you enjoyed the beds, they are the Sheraton Suite Sleepers. Again, thank you for your review we hope you will come back and stay with us again

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I just checked into this hotel, and am extremely impressed already. I've never stayed at a Sheraton, and am very please with how clean this hotel is. From the second we walked in, the staff was AMAZING. Front desk, Valet, Concierge, bartender. Never had such friendly service before. Would consider always staying at a Sheraton hotel. This is VERY close to the beach, and lot's of shopping and entertainment. We will see how the stay goes and I will re-post.

Tiffany & Steve Endler

Room Tip: Definitely request a ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Juli P, Director of Revenue Management at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Good morning Steve E, thank you so much for the awesome review! We're thrilled you're here with us & are enjoying the hotel & your stay. We do strive to provide top notch customer service & are pleased that you're receiving that. Please let us know if we can assist with anything to make your stay even more enjoyable! Juli Pray

Reviewed June 18, 2013

While our room was nice, getting to and from the parking lot to the lobby was irksome, having to walk through a driveway, backing up to garbage bins and service entries. There was no direct access from the parking lot to the hotel. The location is several blocks from the beach, so most had to drive and park (paying expensive fees close to the Boardwalk).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Good morning Urmi R, we appreciate you taking time to write us a review. We apologize you had a bad experience in our parking garage & found it inconvenient. We hope this won't hinder your decision to come back & stay with us again as we would love to have you back. Have a wonderful week.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family and I stayed only one night because we were dropping off my youngest child to camp the next day. We were on the 11th floor, and was given access to the Club Lounge for being a Gold Club member. The room was nice, the lounge was nice, then, I was going to take a shower, and the tub was full of hair, and it wouldn't drain. I immediately called the front desk, and said they would send someone right away. Half hour later, still no one came to clean the tub. I called the front desk again, and I was told again that someone was on their way to our room. Ten minutes later, maintenance came, and I asked him what took so long, he replied that he was given the wrong room number. He fixed the tub, but there was still hair in the tub. My husband ended up cleaning the tub.

The hotel is about 2 blocks from the beach. Not too far of a walk, but when you are carrying beach chairs, drinks, etc. to go to the beach, it is tiring.

It was hard to sleep because we could hear people in the hallway talking really loud.

We did get a good deal at the hotel when I called them directly. Overall, I would stay here again, but will inspect the tub upon entering the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Good morning HeyYouN, thank you so very much for leaving us a review. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for the hair challenge, but it sounds like engineering was able to correct it for you. We do hope that you will give us another chance when you come back to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I am here on a business trip and needed to extend my stay by 1 day. When I returned to the hotel from my meetings I went straight to the lobby to ask if there was a room extension available. The person I asked didn't even bother to look and told me no. I then asked if I could pay for a late check out and was told that 11:30 was the best they could do. Granted I checked in at 6:30pm the night before and had to deal with the cleaning staff (who were very friendly) cleaning rooms and vacuuming the halls at 7pm. Furthermore the room across the hall from me had obviously checked out that day and there was room service items left in the hallway by the door. When I left at 8 the next morning the items were still in the hallway. The bathroom was dirty (hair in the shower and sink) and there was water on the floor after I showered (and my curtain was inside the shower). The AC doesn't get to 60 degrees and it was quite miserable during the night. The night staff were wonderful, but the day staff seems to lack the ability to deal with people that aren't here on vacation. I now have to MOVE hotels based on the fact thatI can't get a room here for tomorrow night. No one even offered to help me find a room or recommend a room elsewhere. I digress, but am not fully satisfied. I have stayed here numerous times before and have NEVER had this type of service and am disappointed in the hotel for offering this service to me now.

• Stayed: June 2013

Good afternoon scpalmettogirl79, thank you so much for writing us a review. We appreciate the feedback on the challenges you experienced while here. I will address each issue with the corresponding manager. We hope you made management aware while you were here so we could make it right for you. Please come back & be our guest again.