“Nice rooms, but the hotel has some drawbacks”

Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #59 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The lobby and the rooms are very nice , no complaints there ! The staff was courteous and efficient. We did notice that the restrooms on the lobby floor needed some maintenance, only one of the sinks in the women's room were working and none in the men's room were working. There were some rowdy people on our floor, uopn request we were quickly moved. The parking is a little out of the way and is $8/ day. The hotel is about a 12 min walk to the water, and about a ten min. Walk to broadway at the beach. The are many restaurant choices within a ten min. Walk. Solid choice, but maybe there are nicer hotels around ?

Room Tip: Even numbers seem to face the beach, but the rooms in the back have great views of the fireworks .
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Juli P, Manager at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Good afternoon sidney7474, thank you so much for the good review. We're elated you enjoyed your stay with us & that the issue you had was resolved. We do hope to have you back soon as our guest, have a wonderful week ahead! Juli Pray-Director of Revenue Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel was okay. We stayed at this hotel after purchasing an online getaway for a 4 day weekend. When I book this hotel it was truly because of the Sheraton name. I thought there would be no disappointment. Not the case. But for the pros first.....Our room was a double and it was clean. But we did order a KING and was not accommodated at all for this. The maid service was very friendly and every night after returning the room was cleaned. The bed were comfortable.
Cons...the room walls were VERY THIN...we could here our neighbors talk at a normal noise level. You could hear the people walking and talking in the hall as if they were in our room. At 3:00 am my husband called down to complain because it was so much noise in the hall and the manager on call at that time said security had already been up to our floor. The valet parking was 12.00 a day and it was AWFUL. Everytime we came back to the room for the night the Valet was no where to be found. There was no consistency to where you should park. Very unorganized. Because of this trip we cancelled our stay for the Sheraton in Niagra Falls. We will not stay at another Sheraton.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor on the odd side and all we could see was the parking lot.
2  Thank kse1964dge

Good afternoon kse1964dge, thank you for taking time to write a review. We're sorry you experienced some challenges with your stay. However we're happy to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room. We would like you to try us again when travelling to Myrtle Beach. Thanks again & have a great week. Juli Pray-Director of Revenue Management

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I booked a King Deluxe room through an online service. I paid for the reservation two months before the trip. When I arrived at the hotel I was given a standard double room and was told flatly that since I booked through a thrid party that Shearaton did not have to guarantee the type of room or bed. I feel that the hotel has cheated me. I have called every customer service number that I can find and am tired of being told that the rooms were sold out when I paid for my room two months in advance. On top of that the valet service at the hotel could not drive a car with a stick and I found out that they were getting someone from the kitchen to pull my car around which was causing a delay of 15 minutes when I called for the car. DO NOT BOOK A ROOM WITH THIS HOTEL. They have cheated me.

Room Tip: Restaurant is over priced I paid $14 for a really bad sandwich. Breakfast costs the same.
2  Thank Charles B

Good afternoon Charles B, thanks so much for leaving us a review. I can assure you that no bait & switch was pulled. Unfortunately with the website you confirmed on, the bed type is not guaranteed. That is how you're able to get such a great rate because it is a blind buy not only on the hotel itself, but also on your room type. We recommend booking directly on the hotels website to prevent this for any future trips you make take. Thanks again & have a great week. Juli Pray-Director of Revenue Management

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton while attending a food show at the convention center. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and the rooms were just what we had requested for us and our two teenage children.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Good afternoon Loretta S. & thank you so much for leaving us a great review. We're so very happy you enjoyed your stay with us & we hope to have you back again real soon. Have a wonderful week ahead! Juli Pray-Director of Revenue Management

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Good location for golf and shopping. Room was nice, just wish the AC temp would go lower.
The staff was friendly. We would stay here again. Room service was speedy and the food was fresh and tasty. A very quiet place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Juli P, Manager at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Good afternoon DCHHopkins_SC, thank you so very much for writing us an awesome review. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay as well as your meals. I will send your comment on the AC to our Chief Engineer so that he is aware & can look into the issue. Thanks again & we wish you a fabulous weekend, come back & see us again real soon. Juli Pray-Director of Revenue Management

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel. Location is a couple blocks from the beach so the hotel rooms are not as worn out. Room was pricey. Hotel provided swimming pool towels - convenient. Staff was courteous and accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank badkinz

Good afternoon wey2bz, thank you so very much for taking time to leave us a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay & wish that you will come back & stay with us again real soon. Thanks again & have an awesome weekend, Juli Pray-Director of Revenue Management

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel is next to the convention center but it is probably a 10 minute walk to the ocean. There are some restaurants about 1 big block away - I say a 5+ minute walk. Both can be tough on a hot and humid day. So, it is a little out of the way.

The hallways and room doors look great. The room size is good and so is the batheroom. Each room has a mini refrigerator and safe.

The bed is extremely fluffy. I have never been on a bed this fluffy - I have stayed at Westins and Marriotts which also have fluffy beds. I was afraid I would end up with a backache like I do with some of the foams beds Fairfield Inns use. Luckily I did not.

The room I had was newly renovated according to the maintenance guy. They did such a bad job, the closet door did not close - the baseboard is now too thick. The guy said they will have to re-do or shave the closet door for it to close.

I also had problem with my wired Internet. The wall end of the wire was plugged into the wrong jack - one behind the TV stand. The maintenance guy knew the problem right away and fixed it.

The Internet did not ask me for $ and was not very fast (not terribly slow but it drags at times).

So, it almost seemed whoever final-checked and accepted the renovation work did not do a thorough job. (I don't think the renovation was very recent as there was no "new room smell" of all that chemicals. So, it is strange these problems have not been corrected.)

The garage is a little inconvenient. There is no direct access to the hotel as others have mentioned. I find the spaces a little narrow and the whole garage is a little dark and creepy. It also adds time needed to get in/out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Good afternoon Want2GoHome, thank you so much for taking time to write us a review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate you mentioning how great the beds & hallways are. We did just recently have new carpet input in the hallways & guestrooms. We're sorry you found a few things challenging, but it is our hope that this won't keep you from coming back to stay with us. Thanks again & have a wonderful day, Juli Pray-Director of Revenue Management