“Excellent hotel, a little bit farther from the beach than expected”

Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #59 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I would definitely stay here again. It was a fabulous hotel with great staff and good quality. My only complaint that limits a 5* rating is the cleaning crew noise. They were yapping at each other pretty loudly in the hallways.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
JuliPray, Manager at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Good morning Kauai-Biz-Traveler, thank you so much for leaving us a great review! We appreciate your feedback on the hallway noise & I have sent this to our Housekeeping Director to address with his staff. We do hope you will come back & stay with us again soon. Have a great weekend, Juli Pray-Director of Revenue Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Everyone was very friendly and very helpful especially the woman in the concierge area. She helped us find a great local cab driver and got me some great information about the hotel.
The room was beautiful and clean. The bed was super comfortable.
We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant and the food was amazing, as was the service!!! The prices were exceptionally reasonable.
I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Good morning grintwig, we surely appreciate you leaving us a fabulous review & 5 stars! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your room & meal in our restaurant and that you found our associates friendly & helpful. We hope that you will come back soon & be our guest again, have a fabulous weekend! Juli Pray-Director of Revenue Management

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Loved the location of the hotel to everything! Broadway is right around the corner. Hotel pool is Blah, no hot tub. Gym is Blah, Blah. Nothing else to offer. Would stay again because of the great location to everything. Beach right down the road, nice walk.

• Stayed: April 2013
JuliPray, Manager at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Good afternoon 4Woo10z, we appreciate you taking the time to write us a review & commenting on the excellent location of the hotel as we're right between the beach & Broadway. We're sorry you didn't enjoy the pool or fitness center. When you come back, try to take advantage of our Restaurant, Bar, Coffee Shop, Room Service, & Cyber Cafe. Thanks again & have a wonderful day. Juli Pray-Revenue Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was a top notch hotel. I was there with my daughter for a cheerleading competition. Everything was clean. I like it when you can tell that the bed linens and towels are clean. The towels smelled like they were bleached, and the bedding was spotlessly white. The beds were ultra comfortable with the soft down duvet cover. The concierge was friendly and informative. The front desk staff were fine but not overly friendly. They had to be very stressed with all of the cheerleaders running around making plenty of noise. The bartenders were also very busy, but they were very friendly and remembered my room number when I settled my tab. I would definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: We were in 703-- The wrong side if you want to look out the window to see the beach. An even number...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Good afternoon murdog, a big thank you from all of us to you for leaving us an awesome review with 5 stars! We're so happy you enjoyed your stay & felt the linens & bedding were clean & healthy. We do hope that you will be back for next years competition or even before then if you'd like, have a great day! Juli Pray-Revenue Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We managed to book this hotel for a reasonable price via Hotwire or Priceline. For the price we paid, we felt that it offered a good quality hotel, in a fairly central location, just a couple of blocks back from the beach. All members of staff that we encountered were polite and friendly, especially the guy in the bar (sorry, can't recall his name now). I can't really comment on the food, as we only had a bar snack - but that was good value and very tasty.

My only complaint would be about the bed in our room ...... I prefer to sleep in a firm bed, but I can sleep comfortably in a soft bed. However, the bed in our room was so soft, it was almost "swampy"!! It didn't seem to provide any support at all. I am presuming that it was due for replacement, and that is why the rooms were given to guests who are there on "deals"? I have stayed in a number of Sheraton hotels and always thought that the beds were very comfortable - this one was not, and by our third and final night, I was looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again!

As I mentioned, the location of the hotel is good, being only a ten to fifteen minute walk to the seafront, where there are many attractions and restaurants. The walk to Broadway on the beach takes a little longer - about 25 minutes, so we walked there, and took a taxi cab back to the hotel later in the evening (it only cost about $7).

There are plenty of things to do in this area of Myrtle Beach, we played crazy golf, went on the Sky Wheel, ate at a couple of nice restaurants, went for a walk along the boardwalk ...... and Broadway on the Beach is a good place to visit - in the daytime and in the evening. There are quite a few restaurants, shops and attractions - it's just a nice place to walk around - and the night we visited, there was a pretty good firework display (the dates of the firework displays are on the Broadway at the Beach website ).

So, all in all, if you manage to get it at a good price, this hotel could be a good option - but, personally, the discomfort of the bed would probably put me off staying there again.

Room Tip: The bed in 1037 needs a new mattress! Not sure about other rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Good afternoon Tina W, thank you so much for taking time to write us a review & for leaving 4 stars. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay & apologize for the bed challenges. However since you left the room #, we can now follow up on it & be sure that it gets corrected, so thank you so much for that. We do hope that you'll come back & be our guest soon, have a wonderful day! Juli Pray-Revenue Manager

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stay here all the time and have never shared my view with others. It is the nicest hotel in myrtle and the staff is the friendliest that you will ever encounter. The have often eaten at Vidalia's and the food is good.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Good afternoon kepiblue, thanks so much for writing us a fabulous review with 5 stars! We're elated that you stay with us & that each time its a great experience for you. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to make it even more enjoyable. Juli Pray-Revenue Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I'm a SPG member. I've stayed at this location before and plan to return. While on business I took my elderly mom (84yrs) and she loved her stay, the wonderful ocean view and being able to enjoy the Club Room in the early day and evenings was just right.

I plan to return again!

Room Tip: Ocean View Rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Good afternoon shepphjs, thank you so very much for the excellent review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay & that you'll be back with us again soon. If there is anything we can do to make it more enjoyable please let us know! Juli Pray-Revenue Manager