“Nice Property - Little Far to Beach”

Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #57 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I spent two nights at this property. I was upgrade to a junior suite, which included a living area and private balcony looking out to the beach. One warning is that this hotel is about 4 blocks or so walk from the oceanfront.

Given this is a convention center property it is very busy. It can take time waiting on elevators, especially this trip with one of four not function during my two night stay.

The one bad part about this hotel is the parking deck. The deck is the only parking and it is really not convenient to the hotel. It is not connected to the hotel, so you have to walk through the main driveway area to get between the hotel and garage. This may not be a too bad, expect this place is busy and the amount of vehicle traffic is heavy.

I did not utilize the restaurants or meeting facilities. I can say that they had multiple food options and even a little coffee / pastry shop. In addition, they have a nice gift shop with drinks, snacks and those items you left at home.

Overall, a good stay and would stay at this property again, when in MB. Even though it is 4 blocks to the ocean, the big attraction is not having to get stuck in all that Ocean Blvd traffic trying to get to and from your hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lv2CtheWorld
JuliPray, Manager at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Good afternoon Lv2Ctheworld, Thank you so much for taking time to write us such a fabulous review. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback on the garage, & the elevator challenges. We sincerely hope this won't defer you from returning & being our guest again. We are happy that you enjoyed your upgrade & had great sleep quality. Thanks again & hope to see you soon. Juli Pray - Revenue Manager

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The room was very nice and clean. Nice decor. The parking is not the most convenient and cost $8.00. Our room was in a location we would walk out the door to the fitness center and swimming pool. The fitness center was larger that most I have seen anywhere.. The pool was heated and well maintained. The web sight we booked from saved us about 50 on the room. The beds had four pillows on each bed. The pillows were of a very high quality. Would stay here again. Usually waterfront wins out but if that is not required, stay at the Sheraton.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 123manipulator
JuliPray, Manager at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Good afternoon 123manipulator, thank you so very much for taking time to write us a great review. We're thrilled that you liked our fitness center which is Core Performance by Sheraton, along with our sweet sleeper pillows & indoor heated pool. These are definitely great amenities to have & we're excited when our guests mention how much they like them. We hope to have you back to stay with us again real soon. Juli Pray

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I went here for a marriage retreat, after they messed up our room I had to have them change the sheets on our bed it had what look like food smeard on the sheets and then make-up on the pillow case. They changed the sheets but they didn't touch the duvet that also had a large brown smudge. There dinner was good that night but at breakfast the next morning they had Orange juice milk and coffee, I asked for water and I was told that they didn't have any more water, I can't drink milk or coffee but I tried the orange juice and it was horrible.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank graloveable

Good afternoon graloveable, thank you very much for taking time to write us a review. We're sorry you experienced some challenges while staying with us. We appreciate you bringing the linen issue to our attention so that we could get it fixed for you. As for the breakfast I can assure you we've never run out of water, so I'm sorry you were told that had. Thanks again & have a great day, Juli Pray

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a great hotel for conventions, business travel, or a short stay.
The room was spacious and the beds were super comfy!
I was impressed with how clean everything in the hotel was for our entire stay.
The staff was friendly and helpful. They serve Starbucks coffee in their hotel restaurant and they have a lovely restaurant and bar. I would stay there again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Good afternoon Erika R, thank you so much for taking time to write us such a great review! We're very pleased that you enjoyed our beds & excellent customer service. We do hope that you will come back & stay with us soon, have a wonderful week! Juli Pray

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here during the Myrtle Beach Marathon. We stayed in a junior suite - the room was very large, with a nice sitting area, large balcony with table and chairs. The higher the floor the better the view of the ocean. Both my husband and I woke up the first morning and commented on how comfortable the bed was. Staff was always helpful - and with a smile. We had access to the Club Lounge - breakfast was minimal, but the room was cozy and best of all they served Starbucks coffee. Ate in the restaurant one night - food was ok, nothing to brag about. I would stay here for the great service, comfortable bed, large rooms.

Room Tip: Junior suite - high floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
JuliPray, Manager at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Good afternoon TashaLin, thank you so very much for writing us a great review! The junior suite you stayed in is perfect as it gives you extra space & you're able to go out on the balcony & overlook the ocean skyline. We appreciate all your feedback & hope to have you come back & stay with us soon. Enjoy your weekend, Juli Pray

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here for PGA show and very pleased with this hotel. Old property but nicely updated. I was given a room on floor eleven overlooking ocean with club lounge access. Very pretty view. I had a minor issue the night I checked in and left a message for GM. She handled it beautifully showing me how much she cares about her guests. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank iamstoked22

Good afternoon iamstoked22, thank you very much for writing us a great review! We're very happy that you enjoyed your room & view. Thank you also for mentioning that you felt our GM cared about you & I wanted to let you know that we all do & thank you for bringing it to our attention so that we could make it right. We hope to have you back with us again soon & have a great weekend, Juli Pray

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton for one night and did not spend much time in the hotel room, so my experience of the hotel is limited. The check in person was friendly. The room was decent and clean.The bed was very comfortable. The room had a refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was a good size, but the shower was average. I didn't use the gym but looked in at it and it looked good. The pool looked small. The hotel is in central Myrtle Beach, and is close to most Myrtle Beach attractions. You can get an ocean front room, but this hotel is not at the beach. Is about 3 blocks away. There is a parking garage for guest. You have to use your room key to get into the garage. Parking was 8$. The garage spaces were small and the larger vehicles did not fit in the spaces. The garage was also not lit up in some areas. There is a small amount of parking spaces at the front of the hotel for check in, however they were all full when we checked in and there was no where else to park for check in. Overall. it was a good hotel and I would stay again. We booked our hotel on a Priceline Express deal and got the hotel for a very cheap rate.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda C

Good afternoon Amanda C, thank you very much for taking the time to write us a good review. We are glad that you mentioned the cenral location & how conveniently located we are to alot of the main Myrtle Beach attractions. We do hope that you will come back & stay with us soon. Have a wonderful weekend, Juli Pray