“Very clean & comfortable hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #41 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Very clean & comfortable hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

This hotel is a short distance from Broadway On The Beach & Myrtle Beach. It is very comfortable and the rooms are average size. I don't recommend the ocean view rooms you are to far away to take advantage of the view. SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Room Tip: I don't recommend the ocean view rooms!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JuliPray, Manager at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
Good morning goodshink, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, it means alot to the staff here at the hotel. We're so glad that you touched on the cleanliness & close proximity to the major Myrtle Beach attractions! Although we are not on the beach, the view of the beach is very nice especially when the sun is rising/setting & at night when all the hotels on the boulevard are lit up. We sincerely hope that you will stay with us again when you return to Myrtle Beach & have a wonderful day, Juli Pray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
elizabethtown nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

we stayed here for our first family vacation with our 11 month old son. we had an ocean view room which was was nice. the only problems we had was it took forever to get a crib in our room we checked in at 2:45 and was told the crib would be right up but after asking three times and finally running into a hotel crew member in the elevator we finally received one around 9:30 that night. our room air was broken and it was really hot so they moved us to the room next to us which was much better. after changing rooms we had no more problems. the hotel was very clean, and all staff was nice. loved the food and bar. one bartender went out of his way to help me decided what drink to order. there is an 8 dollar parking fee, but its not too bad. loved that you had to have a room key to go to the rooms i felt very safe. pool was very clean and warm which was nice. all in all nice trip after we changed rooms. great hotel if you have young children its not on the beach but that also means there is less of a crowd.

Room Tip: request ocean view it was so pretty,
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Good morning tinkstar1308, we are very greatful that you were able to write us a great review. We're sorry that it took too long to get a crib up to your room & that the AC was not working properly, and it sounds like our staff resolved both challenges for you. I'm happy to hear that you realy enjoyed your stay & we do pride ourselves on our food & beverage as well as cleanliness & excellent customer service. It is our hope that you will stay with us again when you return to Myrtle Beach! Have a wonderful day, Juli Pray
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

Alright, first off...this hotel claims to be a 4 star? According to Travelocity anyway. Maybe the rating is in accordance with Myrtle Beach standards! I'm not saying it was bad, by any means. Just not 4 star in my opinion.
So, as far as location goes, the hotel is pretty good. If you don't mind a bit of a walk to the beach, it's nice. But if you are going to Boardwalk at the Beach, and you plan to drink or anything-make sure you have a DD or a taxi.
The lobby is nice, clean-the service was ok. Average.
$7 a night to park in the parking structure, which isn't directly attached to the hotel so you have to drag all your belongings through the bottom of the parking structure. That's negative for me-I don't want to have to cross traffic with my giant suitcase!
We ordered room service. Had the "Vidalia Burger". It was bleh. Not worth it! I'd suggest ordering a pizza instead-especially since we ordered the one burger and a piece of cake and it was $39.
The hotel was overall clean-I was grossed out by the carpets throughout the hotel. It's very vegas-eque-the old side of Vegas that is. Run down, needs a sprucing.
Unfortunately...the worst part of the overall stay was the bed. Well, actually...the pillows. If the windows opened, the pillows would have gone out! They are the down feather type...you know, that squish down into NOTHING, but lumpy uncomfortable....you get the picture!

Room Tip: We stayed on floor 8-it was super quiet
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LeashATL
Good morning LeashATL, we appreciate you taking the time to voice your personal opinion for your recent stay with us. Thank you for highlighting the close proximity we are to the beach & Broadway as well as the cleanliness. We apologize that you felt the carpet & pillows were unsatisfactory. The good news is we are having new carpet installed right now on all our corridors & guest rooms! The pillows are part of the sweet sleeper bedding, so they are soft & most of our guests rave about them. We hope that you will consider giving us another try when you return to Myrtle Beach, thanks again & have a great day. Juli Pray
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

I was at this hotel for a week for business and we had an event in one of the meeting rooms. The lobby is great, the staff was very friendly and accommodating but I don't know how this can be a convention/business hotel. I had a room on the club level and the wired internet is SO incredibly slow in this hotel. I called the tech support number twice just to confirm everything was ok and asked about upgrading to a higher speed. Unfortunately, there is only one speed available and let's just say DIAL UP is faster. The wireless in the lobby was much faster and I ended up spending a lot of time down there to get work done.

BUSINESS TRAVELERS BEWARE! You will not be able to get any work done on this slow connection.

Room service/quality of food left a lot to be desired also.

I have to be back there later this week for another meeting and will let you know if anything has improved.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JuliPray, Manager at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Good afternoon TravelinLeather, we appreciate you taking time to write us a review on your personal experience. It is a delight to know that you thought highly of our awesome staff & contemporary decor. We are however so sorry that you experienced some challenges with our free in room internet. Is is a lite version which is great for checking emails, online shopping, etc. However if you're trying to do large downloads & stream music or videos, it would be best to upgrade to the higher band width that we offer for $11.95 per night plus tax. We are also sorry to hear your food & beverage were not satisfactory. We do hope that your next trip with us that you mentioned will be exceptional, please reach out to me directly if their is anything I can do to make it more pleasureable. Thanks again & have a great week, Juli Pray
Swansboro, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

My husband and I, along with another couple stayed for two nights to attend a Classic Car Show nearby. We normally stay at The Grande Dunes but we decided to stay here due to the close proximity of the car show (walking distance). We will definetely stay here next year. I am a Starwoods Club member and was updated to a Junior Suite which was very spacious and nice. It had a balcony, sitting area, mini frig, safe, coffee maker and a king size bed. The bed was very comfortable. We ate breakfast both mornings (buffet) and it was very good. The hotel bar was nice with a great personable bartender. He even stuffed some olives with blue cheese for our dirty martinis. I would highly recommend this hotel. There was a cheerleading convention this particular weekend, which slowed the elevators a bit, but it didnt bother us much. The young guy that checked us in was so sweet. Very accomodating. You will not be disappointed if you stay her. It is clean, and that is important to me, because I am very picky.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello MyAnnie, we hope that all is well with you. Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a spectacular review! We were all very pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Our junior suites are fabulous & I'm sure you had a great view of the car show below. We do pride ourself in our Sweet Sleeper beds & fantastic food & beverage, so we're thrilled to have you mention them. It does get very busy with the cheerleading & car events going on, but everyone seems to have a really great time that weekend. It is our hope that you will stay with us again in 2012 & please let us know if their is anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable. Have a great week, Juli Pray.
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

My girlfriends and I stayed this past weekend, March 5-8 at the Sheraton. The Sheraton is one of the 3 hotels in the area that rents to under 21 years. Considering this, we figured there would be a lot of spring breakers, which we were trying to avoid. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful and the MAIDS were FANTASTIC! They cleaned and straightened our room spotless and even found a ring that I had lost one night.

As far as safety, I believe this is the safest hotel that I have ever stayed at. A room key was required to access guest floor rooms, as well as the parking garage. We did not worry about anything happening to us and came and went as we pleased.

The beds were very comfortable and the view was beautiful! The concierge was very helpful and honest about restaurants and thier expense. We avoided a restaurant with $25 plates and a $20 entrance fee because of her and ate at some delicious restaurants due to her guidance as well.

Although the Myrtle area was a little disappointing, this hotel definitely lived up to its standards. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JuliPray, Manager at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Good afternoon ksherlin, we are very happy that you took the time to write us a review & that you had a fantastic stay with us! We do pride ourself on our safety, having to have a key to get on the guest floors is a very innovative procedure that we rolled out & our guests do appreciate it. We also feel we have the best housekeeping staff in Myrtle Beach, so thank you as well for those kind words as they really care about their work. We hope that you will come & stay with us again next Spring Break! Have a great week, Juli Pray
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

I telephoned to "add" a guest to my hotel room because she was checking in prior to me and I then faxed my credit card information as directed. Because they had put her name on the hotel bill-they refused to grant me my frequent traveler points. My email queries were rejected. BEWARE-this chain is more concerned about keeping a few points than keeping a customer.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Travelinggir6969
Good afternoon travelinggir6969 - we are so sorry to hear about you not being able to receive your SPG points. Please note that not all rates booked qualify to earn SPG points. We would need to look at your account & determine if the rate you booked qualifies. If you would please call & ask to speak to me directly I am more than happy to help you. We do sincerely hope that your stay itself was pleasant & please have a great week, Juli Pray