“love,love,love this country inn and staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach
Ranked #85 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greenville, South Carolina
“love,love,love this country inn and staff”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

clean comfortable rooms, good breakfast but most of all my entire family found the staff to be the very best and most helpful!!!! Lori Beth was my first contact as I called to make sure our rooms were close to each other and she was awesome and very sweet on the phone. Bronte not only checked my family in but gave me directions at least three times to the hotel and not once did she sound aggravated with me. Karla was great as well and even the night shift clerk(Shayne) was kind to us. housekeeping was asking us every day if we needed anything. I believe our housekeeper was jazz. we did not get to meet the manager but he or she has to be just as nice to have such an awesome team. this hotel was close to the beach and lots of other things. my family is so important to me and each one of them were treated with kindness and consideration. if any doubts leave them behind as we can't wait to come!!!

Room Tip: pools on first and we were on second I would say second due to the steps and no pool noise
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lori Beth H, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. All of our staff take great pride in the jobs that we do and it's nice to see our guests respond in such a positive way. Thanks again for mentioning us all personally and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently went out to South Carolina for a wedding and needed a hotel for our red-eye in & out visit. Didn't want anything fancy, but just a basic room to sleep while keeping the costs low.

We stayed at the Country Inn and while the hotel (location, amenities, etc) were average, the service was excellent. I typically never write reviews, however Lori Beth who worked the front desk at the hotel was about as nice as they come. She knew the area, provided lots of great recommendations, was very personable, and made our stay about as pleasant as you could ask for. And what's most impressive is that her 5 Star service started before we even arrived, as I called with a question the day before we get there and just happened to speak with her and I got off the phone thinking 'that lady was really enjoyable to speak with.'

You don't come across service like that often these days - Thanks again!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mike F
Sandra M, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I want to thank you for your wonderful comments and especially for comments about Lori Beth. We are grateful for or great staff and for you to take the time to write us.
Dumfries, VA
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days during a trip to Myrtle Beach in August 2012. First negative - Hotel faces a gentleman's club. Second - When we arrived there were about 2 additional guests in line before us. While waiting, another 9-10 additional families arrived. Front desk seemed to be having problems finding reservations, etc. when It was our turn, we were told that our room wasn't ready. We sat in the dining area which was right next to the lobby for 1 1/2hrs!!! We watched guest who had arrived after we did constantly be sent to their room. Finally our family along with another woman and her husband were the only ones still waiting. We kept being told that they were waiting on towels! We overheard a cleaning lady come and complain to the manager that a lot of workers had called out and there weren't enough of them to clean the rooms!

Third - Once in the room, it was musty/mildew smelling. And our windows faced the gentleman's club. Great sight for an 8 and 2 year old.... I will admit though that it was super quiet there during the day and even though business picked up at night (of course) we never heard anything. We were told that there were no other rooms available. Fourth- The pool was old looking and smelled super strongly of chlorine or bleach. The jacuzzi was brown and disgusting looking! Fifth - On our second day, we left out to go to the beach. Cleaning staff were in the hallway complaining of doing too much work with not enough workers. One in particular had her cell phone glued to her ear the entire time. When we came back at 4:00 pm, our room still had not been cleaned! We called to the front desk and was told that they had our room listed as being cleaned by their cleaning staff. Obviously a lie. About 30 mins later, the cleaning lady from earlier came to our room to clean. She still had the cell phone to her ear and an attitude to go with it!

I am a big fan of Country Inn and Suites, but not this one. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MzDeeJ
I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectation of August of 2012.. It has been an extremely busy July and i know our guests have had to wait until the 3:00 o'clock check in. But there is know excuse for not getting you checked in unless there was a certain room type requested.and that room was not yet available. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Indiana
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I booked this because the price was good and they had good reviews. Where do I start .... when we first pulled up we noticed Fantails the strip club right next door ... could throw a rock at the front door from the parking lot. When we were getting out of our vehicle a person on foot (looked homeless) comes up and asks for money for some food and I said I have no cash (told him twice). He said I don't just want money I want food ... I said I have no money or food. He says "i know you have money or you would not be here on vacation". What a greeting at the Country Inn and not to mention the hotel clerk had let him have a cup of coffee.

During our check-process the hotel clerk appeared to not believe my sister when she said 2 people were staying in her room although there were 4 of us standing together. He didn't bother to ask if we were together had separate rooms or anything just questioned the number. I was already in a foul mood about the homeless man and let the clerk know about it in addition to challenging us on the number in the room.

My room was OK but my sisters room was totally different. Mine had a safe and flat screen TV with a modern entertainment center to hide the microwave, refrigerator, and safe. Hers had a big CRT television, no safe and a bunch of table top stands for everything.

On the second day we were late leaving the hotel and I asked the front desk to make sure our room got cleaned. They noted the room and when we returned that night from the beach absolutely nothing had been done. On the third day housekeeping said they had no clean towels ... I suppose someone forgot to do the laundry.

The breakfast was horrible most of the time unless you could eat a waffle everyday. The fresh fruit was fruit cocktail! The hot food was ham in little squares, nasty potatoes and some type of nasty eggs with some horrible gravy with biscuits one day. Cereal is your best bet at this place if you can't handle the waffle each day.

The water pressure in the shower was very low. Upon checkout we were told there is a $2/day hospitality fee that must be paid because KYAK / Travelocity will not collect it. They mention nothing about this at checkin.

The GOOD ... close to everything including the beach!

Room Tip: Rooms on back wing (i.e. where 336 is) have been remodeled and have newer furnishings.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank al0vely
Lori Beth H, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. The concerns you expressed are not common at our property, but if you would like to further discuss them you may contact me at the hotel.
Pataskala, Ohio
Reviewed July 11, 2013

In transitioning from living in Myrtle Beach, I utilized this particular hotel three different times in the same month. My stays ranged in length from 1 night to almost a week. Lori Beth is the Customer Service Manager, and her capacity to provide me lodging during my travels in and out of town was phenomenal! She booked all my stays in a manner that allowed me to plan my budget, and yet, she allowed me flexibility in case my agenda shifted by a day in either direction. Her professionalism and understanding WoWW!ed me beyond belief. She had a new employee named Jessica that took Lori Beth's lead and helped me resolve a minor problem upon my first check-in. The issue was resolved with any hassles, and Jessica exuded the same professionalism as Lori Beth. The other staff, in the breakfast lounge and housekeeping, also showed professionalism and understanding. If my business ever takes me back to Myrtle Beach, I will be calling Lori Beth as my first choice to arrange any lodging.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lori Beth H, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the "awesome" review. I'm really glad that you enjoy your time at our hotel. All of our staff tries to go above and beyond for our guests and make them feel at home. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to Myrtle Beach.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I normally don't do Country Inn - but my $130 budget in Myrtle Beach - this was as good as it gets. Forgetting the adult club next door - there's moat in between. THe poor front desk guy is overwhelmed...it's just him. I got my room - door was open - kind of freaky. But he said housekeeping just forgot to shut it. Dead bug on the ground....but that happens. A pie crumb or something on the carpet...but mostly clean. Breakfast, forget it....line way too long. The Bob Evans a block away was worth the $12. Odd - they are in nowhere but have a parking pass and a breakfast ticket....i guess homeless use the hotel.

It's safe, ok nice....not bad. But not doing it again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback from all of our guests.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels for work and vacation with both great and terrible service. The Country Inn is definitely the former! Both Lori Beth and Bronte were extremely responsive to any requests I had and they are making me feel right at home. I have been here for over 1 month on business and the only issue I had was with the air conditioner in my room. However, Lori Beth located an upgraded room for me and even offered to assist me with moving my luggage. The housekeeping staff is professional and has done a tremendous job of keeping my room clean while not being intrusive. The staff has also gone out of their way to have some coffee and breakfast ready for me, because I go to work before breakfast starts. These people have done such a wonderful job! Thanks for the hospitality!

Room Tip: The upgraded room is definitely worth the extra!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm really glad you are enjoying your time at our hotel. Bronte and I are pleased that you personally mentioned us, and all of our staff will continue to work hard to make you feel right at home.