Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach
Ranked #78 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pataskala, Ohio
“AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

In transitioning from living in Myrtle Beach, I utilized this particular hotel three different times in the same month. My stays ranged in length from 1 night to almost a week. Lori Beth is the Customer Service Manager, and her capacity to provide me lodging during my travels in and out of town was phenomenal! She booked all my stays in a manner that allowed me to plan my budget, and yet, she allowed me flexibility in case my agenda shifted by a day in either direction. Her professionalism and understanding WoWW!ed me beyond belief. She had a new employee named Jessica that took Lori Beth's lead and helped me resolve a minor problem upon my first check-in. The issue was resolved with any hassles, and Jessica exuded the same professionalism as Lori Beth. The other staff, in the breakfast lounge and housekeeping, also showed professionalism and understanding. If my business ever takes me back to Myrtle Beach, I will be calling Lori Beth as my first choice to arrange any lodging.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Lori Beth H, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the "awesome" review. I'm really glad that you enjoy your time at our hotel. All of our staff tries to go above and beyond for our guests and make them feel at home. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to Myrtle Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I normally don't do Country Inn - but my $130 budget in Myrtle Beach - this was as good as it gets. Forgetting the adult club next door - there's moat in between. THe poor front desk guy is overwhelmed...it's just him. I got my room - door was open - kind of freaky. But he said housekeeping just forgot to shut it. Dead bug on the ground....but that happens. A pie crumb or something on the carpet...but mostly clean. Breakfast, forget it....line way too long. The Bob Evans a block away was worth the $12. Odd - they are in nowhere but have a parking pass and a breakfast ticket....i guess homeless use the hotel.

It's safe, ok nice....not bad. But not doing it again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback from all of our guests.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels for work and vacation with both great and terrible service. The Country Inn is definitely the former! Both Lori Beth and Bronte were extremely responsive to any requests I had and they are making me feel right at home. I have been here for over 1 month on business and the only issue I had was with the air conditioner in my room. However, Lori Beth located an upgraded room for me and even offered to assist me with moving my luggage. The housekeeping staff is professional and has done a tremendous job of keeping my room clean while not being intrusive. The staff has also gone out of their way to have some coffee and breakfast ready for me, because I go to work before breakfast starts. These people have done such a wonderful job! Thanks for the hospitality!

Room Tip: The upgraded room is definitely worth the extra!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm really glad you are enjoying your time at our hotel. Bronte and I are pleased that you personally mentioned us, and all of our staff will continue to work hard to make you feel right at home.
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

First time in MB, My daughter and I enjoyed our two night stay so much, hotel room was clean and staff was wonderful. The first night I didn't know how to work the drain in my shower and I thought it was clogged, it wasn't but Jessica offered. To switch rooms asap. She even checked my drain. Housekeeping gave us extra towels and conditioner and anything else we needed right away..And yes... Stories are true.....:Lori Beth is a Rockstar! I won't stay anywhere else. My daughter referred to this hotel as home while we were there. So cute!

Room Tip: Room 236 is great!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am really glad you and your daughter had a good time in Myrtle Beach. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area.
jw98
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place was very nice. It is only 5 minutes to the beach, the staff are awesome, the rooms are clean, and the breakfast is good ( kind of crowded at times so get there early). There is a gentlemans club next door but they have placed many barriers there to keep it from being seen. If there are no cookies left just ask the staff and they will provide you some. I didn't like the check out early policy saying if you checked out early then you would loose your promotional rate and be charged full price for the nights stay. I booked a 2 queen suite for $148 and if I would have left then I would be charged $198. That is crazy. If the service and room is not up to par then the customer should not be penalized for that. Luckily everything was ok. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Check online for good prices then call the hotel to match those prices.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the fantastic review. All of our staff take great pride in the outstanding customer service we provide to all of our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This was a fantastic place to stay. While it is about a 10 minute drive to oceanfront, I really liked it. It was very quiet and quite nice and clean.
They had a hot breakfast every morning which was very good also. The employees were so nice and extremely helpful.
We stopped and got a discount book and got a very good rate on it.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. Our location is conveniently located right in the heart of Myrtle Beach and is only a short drive to lots of attractions and shopping. It's nice to hear you were able to take advantage of our discounted rate. I'm glad your trip was enjoyable, and I look forward to seeing you again.
Washington, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel could be great if it had decent staff, but is presently a liability to the quality brand that Carlson have been cultivating, because it significantly deviates in quality and culture from the high standard set by Carlson.

Having stayed at dozens of different Country Inns, I've become very accustomed to them. The staff at this establishment are indifferent to Club Carlson (the brand owner) members, (even if holding their highest status level).

The June 20 Trip Advisor review accurately describes the unfriendly, arrogant hotel staff.

Despite calling ahead to politely enquire whether my request made months earlier for an upgrade was good, I was told there were no rooms available and that the hotel was completely full, but one suite would be provided. Contrary to the "sold out" claim made earlier, a quick search of the internet found at least 3 rooms available.

Upon arrival, the staff member informed us in an unfriendly, arrogant manner that the suite previously promised was not now available. This same staff member who had earlier wrongly claimed they were completely full, also suggested that we cancel the reservation, and made us wait for our rooms until after 3PM.

Shortchanging guests on what they are promised and expect hurts the Carlson brand. For example: no fruit or cookies out, no recognition of status, charging for a rollaway bed, and misleading guests about room availability seems the norm at this sub-par establishment which is located immediately next an X rated "Gentlemen’s Club".

Avoid like the plague...

Room Tip: Be aware of the lack of integrity: Staff who promise may not deliver on room type.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lee_F_Bee
Sandra M, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
We are sorry your stay did not meet your expectation. Our team works hard to make our guest feel comfortable.