“Excellent Hotel at a Competitive Rate”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach
Ranked #93 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 22, 2012

If you are wanting to visit Myrtle Beach, you will find it harder to do better than this hotel. It is very well appointed, with excellent rooms, including refrigerator and microwave. My wife and I were impressed by the cleanliness and the general feel of the hotel. The reception staff were excellent and complimented the hotel's upmarket impression.

With an indoor swimming pool and the hottest spa we have encountered, plus an excellent breakfast, this is very worth a serious consideration.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank topfellman

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My huband and I always stay at Country Inn and Suites since we are in the Club Carlson. Normally, we have always had a pleasant experience, but this time was a major dissappointment. When we arrived it was late so we didnt get a good look at the area, but the strip clubs gave us a pretty good idea. From what I counted there were 3 around us, one of which directly beside us! The area has a lot of run down and abandoned buildings/theme park so we were pretty mindful when we went out. While our room was clean, we had a terrible view of the run down motel next to us. We didnt swim in the pool due to the cloudiness, nor did we eat breakfast because of the crowdiness. On a positive note, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. In the future, I would not recommend staying here just because of the location, especially if you are bringing children. And I wouldnt recommend paying the price per night for this location, there are far better for the price. I would recommend reading up on reviews of any place you plan on staying at!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RC1986
Sandra M, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Yes ,we do have a great staff and with the recession there has been some closings in our area. But in a positive note the Waccamaw Pottery has been purchased and they are getting the area ready for new tenets The amusement park has been bought out of bankruptcy and if all goes well we may see some changes there. As far as the Gentlemen's club we have never had any safety issues.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Was passing through Myrtle Beach with my daughter 13 and her friend 14 and booked this hotel ahead of time. As we approached the hotel I noticed a strip club and then some businesses and a deserted building, another strip club (Fantails) right next door to the hotel with yet another across the street. Well, I must say the hotel was very nice with a good breakfast. My daughter and her friend were a little uncomfortable with the amount of men milling around in the hotel and the occasional tall beautiful woman in tight clothing seen checking in. ( only a few) Honestly cannot say who they were. The location just made me jumpy because of the fact I had young girls with me. But like I said, the hotel was very nice, clean and friendly people. This location might be a plus for some I suppose!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunny2009Northeast

I do thank you for your kind words about our property being very nice and clean, and our friendly staff. I do want to inform you that during your stay with us you felt there was a lot of gentlemen milling around . We had 60% of our hotel filled with guests that were filming a TV series and these were working crews for the show., they were working day and night over at the amusement park during that time. They also have several ladies from medical people to hairdressers for the stars.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Travelled to CIS in Myrtle Beach while working @ the oceanfront. The hotel is beside a strip club, which gave us a few jokes, but we didn't hear any noise from it. The rooms are typical for CIS, but did have way too much carpet freshner. The view from our window was a tree which was fine. Glad we remembered to ask for an upper floor, wood frame building, and you could hear lots of foot traffic. Also could hear all the neighboring rooms until about 11pm and thankfully everyone quieted enough that the a/c fan could drown out the rest of the noise.

Room Tip: Always stay on top floor @ Country Inn & Suites or you will not get any rest!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AnneFreemanYoung
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I came to Myrtle Beach for my son to play in the Triple Crown Summer National baseball tournament. I wanted a hotel with breakfast, a pool, and a convenient location to get me in and out to the ballfields. I also wanted comfort since I was going to be there for a week. I could not have had a better hotel. Staff was wonderful and friendly. The pool being indoors and open until midnight was a plus. My son could play ball all day, and still had a chance to swim and cool off in the evening. The breakfast had everything you could want. Our room was spacious and very clean. You do have to drive by a gentleman's club to get to the hotel, but once in the parking lot you can't see the club. I never heard one bit of noise from the club either. We had a fantastic trip, and next year I will be back!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wendy B
Sandra M, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Wendy,

We look forward to having you back as our guest.again.
Sandra

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Where to start about this property. We arrived in town early around noon. Check-in time was 3:00, but we thought we would stop by and just see if we could check-in. Well, the room was not ready so we had to leave and come back. It would have been nice if there would have been a place to store our luggage, but that was not offered.

We had a two room suite at the hotel. When you walked in there was a family type sitting room with a couch, chair, and a desk table with two chairs. Then as you walked towards the bedroom the bathroom was on the left, and an area with a coffee pot, microwave and fridge was on the left. A little farther back was the bedroom with two queen beds.

The couch was very uncomfortable to sit on, and the bathroom had such poor ventaliation that it would be steamed up for 12-20 mins after your shower. The room was always damp, and your cloths felt like they had not gotten dry before you put them on. After my 6 year old daughter took a shower and got out and danced around in the room her feet were so black from the dirt on the floor. Overall, the room left a lot to be desired.

The breakfast at the hotel was not good at all. On our second morning they served scrambled eggs that were cold and watery. The waffles were good, that you made yourself. The oatmeal was lukewarm to cold, and the potatoes were kind of tough. One night around 11:00 I went to the lobby to get coffee, and the desk clerk told me there was no coffee and he was not going to make any. Keep in mind, every other night I went down to the lobby and got coffee, this was the first time it had happened.

Finally, I wanted to mention the indoor pool. It was a ncie pool, 5 ft deep and heated. However, the water was so cloudy you could not even see your feet in the deep end of the pool. I'm not sure if it is because of the number of chemicals in the water, or if it was just dirty.

I have stayed at other Country Inn and Suites and had very positive experiences. This location was by far the worst I had ever stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MattW0329
Sandra M, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

I am sorry that you were unhappy with your stay with us. As we do try to have rooms available when possible prior to the 3:00 check in time, it is sometime beyond our control.. We do not always have availability for bags during busy times as we want a secure area for our guest to store luggage and we have limited space available. We will be discuss your housekeeping issue with our staff. The pool was not able to keep up with the usage and we did have to order a part. I do want to assure you that we were checking the chemical balance during that weekend. Please except our apologies as it always are intent to give the best service and hospitality that we can..

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here one night before heading over to our ocean front hotel at myrtle beach. It was very quiet in our room. The matress was very nice and the room was clean. I felt safe and really enjoyed the stay here. The staff was very nice and pleasant. The only complaint would be I think the entire hotel decided to go to breakfast at the same time. Through the week the breakfast only runs until 9:30 instead of 10:30 as on the weekend. They didn't have enough room for everyone to sit in the dining area. The staff was very helpful and had people eating at the pool area. Overall not a huge issue.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Sandra M, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

I thank you so very much for your kind words. We do try hard to meet and hopefully exceed our guests needs, We look forward to having you as our guest in the future .

Kindest of Regards,