“Okay for the value price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach
Ranked #69 of 218 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Yorktown, Virginia
“Okay for the value price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Travelled to CIS in Myrtle Beach while working @ the oceanfront. The hotel is beside a strip club, which gave us a few jokes, but we didn't hear any noise from it. The rooms are typical for CIS, but did have way too much carpet freshner. The view from our window was a tree which was fine. Glad we remembered to ask for an upper floor, wood frame building, and you could hear lots of foot traffic. Also could hear all the neighboring rooms until about 11pm and thankfully everyone quieted enough that the a/c fan could drown out the rest of the noise.

Room Tip: Always stay on top floor @ Country Inn & Suites or you will not get any rest!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank AnneFreemanYoung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
McLeansville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I came to Myrtle Beach for my son to play in the Triple Crown Summer National baseball tournament. I wanted a hotel with breakfast, a pool, and a convenient location to get me in and out to the ballfields. I also wanted comfort since I was going to be there for a week. I could not have had a better hotel. Staff was wonderful and friendly. The pool being indoors and open until midnight was a plus. My son could play ball all day, and still had a chance to swim and cool off in the evening. The breakfast had everything you could want. Our room was spacious and very clean. You do have to drive by a gentleman's club to get to the hotel, but once in the parking lot you can't see the club. I never heard one bit of noise from the club either. We had a fantastic trip, and next year I will be back!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy B
Sandra M, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Wendy,

We look forward to having you back as our guest.again.
Sandra
Georgetown, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Where to start about this property. We arrived in town early around noon. Check-in time was 3:00, but we thought we would stop by and just see if we could check-in. Well, the room was not ready so we had to leave and come back. It would have been nice if there would have been a place to store our luggage, but that was not offered.

We had a two room suite at the hotel. When you walked in there was a family type sitting room with a couch, chair, and a desk table with two chairs. Then as you walked towards the bedroom the bathroom was on the left, and an area with a coffee pot, microwave and fridge was on the left. A little farther back was the bedroom with two queen beds.

The couch was very uncomfortable to sit on, and the bathroom had such poor ventaliation that it would be steamed up for 12-20 mins after your shower. The room was always damp, and your cloths felt like they had not gotten dry before you put them on. After my 6 year old daughter took a shower and got out and danced around in the room her feet were so black from the dirt on the floor. Overall, the room left a lot to be desired.

The breakfast at the hotel was not good at all. On our second morning they served scrambled eggs that were cold and watery. The waffles were good, that you made yourself. The oatmeal was lukewarm to cold, and the potatoes were kind of tough. One night around 11:00 I went to the lobby to get coffee, and the desk clerk told me there was no coffee and he was not going to make any. Keep in mind, every other night I went down to the lobby and got coffee, this was the first time it had happened.

Finally, I wanted to mention the indoor pool. It was a ncie pool, 5 ft deep and heated. However, the water was so cloudy you could not even see your feet in the deep end of the pool. I'm not sure if it is because of the number of chemicals in the water, or if it was just dirty.

I have stayed at other Country Inn and Suites and had very positive experiences. This location was by far the worst I had ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MattW0329
Sandra M, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
I am sorry that you were unhappy with your stay with us. As we do try to have rooms available when possible prior to the 3:00 check in time, it is sometime beyond our control.. We do not always have availability for bags during busy times as we want a secure area for our guest to store luggage and we have limited space available. We will be discuss your housekeeping issue with our staff. The pool was not able to keep up with the usage and we did have to order a part. I do want to assure you that we were checking the chemical balance during that weekend. Please except our apologies as it always are intent to give the best service and hospitality that we can..
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here one night before heading over to our ocean front hotel at myrtle beach. It was very quiet in our room. The matress was very nice and the room was clean. I felt safe and really enjoyed the stay here. The staff was very nice and pleasant. The only complaint would be I think the entire hotel decided to go to breakfast at the same time. Through the week the breakfast only runs until 9:30 instead of 10:30 as on the weekend. They didn't have enough room for everyone to sit in the dining area. The staff was very helpful and had people eating at the pool area. Overall not a huge issue.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sandra M, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
I thank you so very much for your kind words. We do try hard to meet and hopefully exceed our guests needs, We look forward to having you as our guest in the future .

Kindest of Regards,
Sandra
Sales Director
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here to attend a college orientation for CCU. I have never stayed at a Country Inn and Suites but have heard many people speaking positively about the friendly atmosphere, cozy lobbies and free cookies, so I was happy to be trying one out. From the very start, this hotel was a disappointment. First of all, the location leaves a lot to be desired - there is a strip club right next door, as well as one across the street. On the other side of the hotel is a budget motel and it is right beside a busy highway, so I am not sure about the safety of the area. The lobby was small and cramped, with no country home feeling at all. We went up to our rooms and noticed lots of strange odors in the elevator and in the hallways. Mostly, it smelt strongly of cigarette smoke. As we approached our rooms, the smell became stronger and stronger. The cleaning staff was in the hallway and we asked about the cigarette smell. We were told that although it is a non-smoking hotel, lots of people smoke in the rooms anyway and that they would spray our room with air freshener if we wanted. The rooms were average, nothing special, and smelt of smoke. The TV was the old fashioned type, and the remote did not work. Several calls to the front desk to report the remote problem went unanswered. When we came back the following evening, I found that the cleaning staff had left some cleanser in the bathroom - it appeared that they had left the job of cleaning the room half completed. My sister's room had towels left in the bathroom, one with large writing in permanent marker on it, the other with visible stains on it. Also, one of the beds was made up, the other left unmade. Strange. We did not use the pool or hot tub because they looked so cloudy and dirty.
Breakfast was typical of these types of places, nothing that great, and seating on both mornings was tight. There were never cookies available during our visit.
On a positive note, front desk staff was friendly.
I would never stay here again - the daily rate of over $100 is much too high for the caliber of the hotel, and its location is far from ideal. With all the great options in this area, I would search elsewhere for accommodations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank caymanfan2010
I understand from your letter that we did not met your expectation during your stay. I am sorry that the remote issue was not resolved and your housekeeping issues were not met. It is our policy not to remove any items left on the bed and that sometimes means a bed may not be made up. If this was not your case please except our apologies on that matter. I do want to assure you that we have never had any safety issuers at the hotel, We are not a large hotel and do have limited rooms so we do not have a large lobby area, however our breakfast room is left open for this purpose. With July being the high tourist season are hotel does run close to full during that time and sometimes those great cookies do not get made, and we get so busy that we sometimes fall short of our customers needs. As some of your matters we can not resolve we will certainly work on the ones we can.
Kindest Regards,
Huntersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Only a short 10 minute drive and you are at the Beach. Only 25 minutes from the North Myrtle Beaches as well. Very convenient to a multitude of area shopping and restaurants. Felt very safe throughout our 3 night stay. Breakfast at Country Inns and Suites is always great and this location did not disappoint. The entire Front Desk Staff was excellent and Lori Beth was exceptional. I totally recommend this Hotel if you are going to Myrtle Beach, you'll love it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Suite, especially if you are staying more than 2 nights. It's well worth it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Lori Beth & the rest of the staff could not possibly be more friendly & accommodating. The hotel stayed neat & clean and breakfast is as good as you can get at any chain restaurant in town. A little bit of a drive to the beach, but otherwise an Awsome experience

• Stayed July 2012