“Love the Name of the Hotel, the Area and the Hotel itself”

Camelot by the Sea, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #68 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Troy
“Love the Name of the Hotel, the Area and the Hotel itself”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I love how this hotel is close to alot of things we were looking for. Loved the Beach and ran out of time to do all we wanted even tho we were there for several days! A GREAT TIME! The parking was great and we LOVE Lulu's across the Street... That's probably what we loved the most! haha! They are open 24 hours and very nice to visit at all hours. What a GREAT View also of the Ocean! We even saw a Rainbow right outside our balcony and got a photo! It appeared to be right at the waters edge. Fantastic!

Room Tip: It's nice to be on the first 9 floors because I think after that the carport doesn't exist r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This hotel is tired and needs attention badly. The place needs to be updated from stem to stern. Our golf foursome arrived at this hotel for a week stay in late November. The place was essentially empty. We were towing a small utility trailer which the hotel staff and management refused to allow us to park in the 6 story parking lot as it was against there policy. Fortunately the restaurant next door allowed us to store the trailer for the entire week in there parking lot across the street at no charge. This hotel has no concept of customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Henry_Mike_W
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Hubby and I had a romatic getaway from Columbia, SC. I went online and booked Camelot at a reasonable price with Hotels.com. Our room was AMAZING! Awesome view of the Atlantic! The front desk staff, Jenna and Brandon was extremely friendly and helpful. We would DEFINITELY geaux back...

Room Tip: Plenty of sun...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
East hanover
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed in 2 bedroom had washer, dryer dish washer and garbage disposal very convenient. Rooms were clean. Bed was comfortable bedrooms were clean and updated. Room service was a little sketchy not good with towels. Pool had some issues dirty by inlet. Grounds could be kept cleaner. Lobby needed updating. Good parking but little noisy.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevator are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Camelot last month. We thought it would be great for our family of 5. They have a two bedroom unit that sleeps up to 6. First of all, the place is dirty, everywhere you look there are cigarette butts and empty beer cans. We looked for an ice machine and guess what?? They do not have one on the entire property. I was told to go to the mini mart beside the hotel and they were closed. So now I have to go out in the pouring rain down the street to get some ice and pay 4 dollars. Our room was dated and disgusting, old mattresses, dirty carpet, and roaches. My kids killed a total of 3 roaches in 5 days. So my husband asked to speak to the general manager, they said that she was not there. The next day, my husband asks to see the manager, not there. The last day of our five day vacation we ask to speak to a manager....still not there. Who runs this dump? I would not recommend this place to anyone, my kids were scared!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Adrianna G
West Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I bought this through a Living Social certificate because the property looked nice and it was reasonable for me and my daughter and her friend. First problem, no reservation when I arrived. I stood in the lobby at least 45 minutes while they made all sorts of calls, etc. and my girls had already unpacked the car so they were left to guard our belongings. The reservations mixup wasn't the hotels fault, but it wasn't my fault either..... Took far too long to straighten out. Finally got to our room which I believe was on the 7th floor. Everything seemed OK, I would not say "first class" but nice. Average wear and tear. We finally got everything put up and changed to head to the indoor pool. As we were fixing to get in, I noticed there were no towels in the entire pool area........OK.....So we went back to go to the lobby and the door from the pool to the lobby was struck as in literally wouldn't open. Finally someone came from the other side and got it for us. We trudged across the parking lot (in the cold) to request towels. Let me also mention if you have a new swimsuit that you were saving, just bring your old one, the hot tub RUINED my new black swimsuit. Completely bleached it a horrible gray color, the parts that didn't get in as much were still black, so that was also not a plus for the property. I found out from another couple that the next day they completely drained the hot tub and refilled it, so I'm guessing it was too chlorinated from the get go.

I didn't sleep much at all because this property is LOUD. You can hear everything from the hallways, parking garage, car horns, pizza delivery to the next room, kids screaming, car alarms, elevator, people talking, etc. I assume if you want a quiet experience you get the highest floor possible. We were on 7 and going around and around and around the parking structure about made me sick a few times. It also takes some time, especially when you're behind a slo poke old that wants to drive 5 mph and brake every other second the entire way down. I can't imagine the noise and the parking IN season, but I'd imagine its pretty much 100% worse than what I experienced. Other than door not working, everything else seemed to be functioning correctly and other than slight inconveniences, nothing seemed to be vastly outdated or awful. Oh, one more thing, this property has NO ICE MACHINES. Yep, a resort in the hottest place around has no ice. You can use the tiny pan in your freezer I guess. :)

Room Tip: Try to get one not on the parking levels, I think it cuts off on the 13th floor if I'm not mista...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My children and I took a last minute weekend trip in March and booked this hotel because it was close to the attractions and the price was decent based on the pictures provided when booking. My horrible expierence started before I even unloaded my car!!! The front desk employees were VERY unfriendly and made me feel as if I was a burden because they actually had to do their job!! They handed me the room key and parking pass and said NOTHING!! They didn't explain where the parking garage was located, where the elevators were, or even what my room number was! I'm surprised they even took the time to write it inside of the pamplet! Needless to say, I kept my cool because I had my young children beside me. After I figured out where I needed to park, I unloaded ALL of our things and headed to the room. Not surprising... THE KEY DIDN'T WORK!!! I had to take EVERYTHING with us back to the front desk to get a new key and the only response I received was "Oh, okay." and "Here, try this one." Not one apology! Once we finally got in the room and unloaded, I noticed how deceiving the pictures were of the rooms. The paint was chipping. The carpet had stains. The tile floor in the kitchen area looked horrible, and the balcony chairs were covered in mildew. I didn't complain and chalked it up to normal wear and tear since the bathrooms and sheets were clean!!!

I gave this place the benefit of the doubt and second chance in May with my Mom and sister. I just hoped they had replaced the staff that I had previously delt with. Luckily, this go around during the check in process was better, but the room... 50x worse than the first time!! We had to call housekeeping to clean the bathroom before we even unloaded!! Once she was finished, she left and we had to call AGAIN because it was still disgusting!! There were pubic hairs on the shower wall and around the tub. There was dried up urine around the base of the toilet and what looked like dried up toothpaste and facial hair clippings in the sink!! The kitchen counter had food crumbs and drink rings. There were cobwebs in the corners near the ceiling and it looked as though the carpet was halfway vacuumed! We complained to the front desk and manager asking if housekeeping forgot to clean our room and we were assured that it had been cleaned. We asked to be moved to another room and that one wasn't much better!! I would NEVER recommend this place to ANYONE!! I WISH I had just read the reviews before my FIRST horrible expierence!! JUST DISGUSTED!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family