Checked in to Camelot by the Sea yesterday late afternoon. My husband and I drove 4 hours to listen to the ocean waves and when we got to the room all we could hear was the blaring of the MUZAK coming from speakers at the pool area. So we changed to a higher floor (as mentioned by another reviewer on this site) but it still could be heard from floor 11. They play this muzak from 9 am until 11 pm. Music is a personal choice and if it is not taste in music, well then, too bad :( You can hear it on your patio and forget being able to enjoy relaxing at the poolside or lazy river because down there it is BLARING!! By the way, if you decide to use the pool facilities you can wear a yellow silicone gel bracelet which for anyone who has had a friend or loved one with cancer just reminds you of things you might want to forget while on a beach vacation :( If you want to sleep and listen to the sound of the waves you will have to choose a 'studio' size unit which apparently only comes with double beds.....way too small for my 6' husband. Furniture in our room was sparse...there was no-where to put our 'stuff'....no counter-tops, tables and not even a coffee table in front of the sofa-just a small bureau.
Internet has been VERY SLOW.... And lastly, I always like to 'sleep in' and listen to the waves when I come to the beach, but not so this morning. I was awakened by a phone call from the front desk conducting a survey about my vacation in Myrtle Beach. If you live in NC stick to your own beaches.....There's no place like home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Myrtle Beach, our resort features beautifully decorated studio, one-, two- and three bedroom suites with private oceanfront balconies. Our amenities include oceanfront pool; lazy river, and oceanfront fitness center & attached parking garage. While staying with us you will be close to many of the beaches wonderful attractions, restaurants and nationally recognized golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Camelot by the Sea, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camelot Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Camelot Myrtle Beach
- Camelot Sea Myrtle Beach
- Camelot Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Camelot Resort
- Camelot By The Sea Hotel
- Camelot By The Sea Myrtle Beach