This was our first time to stay @ CBS. We were on the 16th floor. The views out of the balcony(beach & ocean) and front door(city skyline) were GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! The room was nice and the hotel staff very friendly and attended to our every need. Looking back, It's too bad the package we bought into was for only 4 nights(Sat-Wed),we would have liked to stay another 2 nights at the package rate.
We only had 2 issues:
1. Limited and inconsistent Wi-Fi signal. There must only be 4 routers for a 19 floor hotel (too few/ need more). The signal strength was strongest on the balcony and non-existent 4ft inside the sliding glass door. I had to call their IT person daily to have the routers reset.
2. Couldn't leave the slider open for an extended period of time to allow the sea breeze into the room because the tile kitchen floor in front of the A/C unit would become wet.
Registration was a ZOO!!!!!!! Limited parking spaces for registration with so many people checking in. I would say the parking is barley adequate(10 floors of parking for a 19 floor facility). The spaces are just OK. The ones by the "pillars" are tough to get into and out of.I watched a young lady barley back her car into one of them trying to negotiate the cramped spacing. They should put a styrafoam or rubber type barrier(wrap) part way around the concrete supports.There is only one ramp up and down. In the curves it is JUST wide enough to get 2 cars by, especially since everyone likes to drive in the middle.
Even with these inconveniences, we look forward to returning next year. Hopefully the issues I/we have brought up will be addressed by then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Myrtle Beach, our resort features beautifully decorated studio, one-, two- and three bedroom suites with private oceanfront balconies. Our amenities include oceanfront pool; lazy river, and oceanfront fitness center & attached parking garage. While staying with us you will be close to many of the beaches wonderful attractions, restaurants and nationally recognized golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camelot Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Camelot Myrtle Beach
- Camelot Sea Myrtle Beach
- Camelot Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Camelot Resort
- Camelot By The Sea Hotel
- Camelot By The Sea Myrtle Beach