“Great off-season rates”

Camelot by the Sea, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #64 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great off-season rates”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We found a good deal during the week in February 2013. We arrived before check-in time, so we ate lunch at a nearby restaurant and did some grocery shopping. The front-desk staff member called us on our cell phone when our room was ready, which was very nice. The door to the one-bedroom, king suite enters into the bedroom first, which includes a closet and safe. then one enters into the kitchen area. There is virtually no counter space in the kitchen, but there is a microwave, four-burner stove with oven, and full size refrigerator. We ate breakfast in the room each morning (coffee and tea were provided) and at least one other meal as well. All appliances worked well, and we had pots, pans, and utensils we needed to do simple cooking. The next room is the living/dining room that looks out towards the ocean. Off of that room is a small balcony with two chairs and a small table. Even if it is too cold to be on the beach or balcony, one can enjoy the sounds and views of the ocean from the living room. The furniture in the living was a bit worn, and there were stains on the upholstered chair and the couch. There is ample closet space (3 in all), but only a few hangers. I am picky about cleanliness, and I did notice that even though we had daily maid service (not the same person each day), no one bothered to close the doors between the rooms to clean behind them. I could tell because the same piece of lint remained there thoughout our stay. It was not a big deal or I would have complained to the management. We got great service from front desk staff member Stefanie. She answered all of our questions and went out of her way to help us in any way she could--all with a cheerful smile and attitude. All in all, we would stay here again with no hesitation. The property is located within walking distance of many things; most of all, it was great to be near the ocean during a month that is normally very cold for us.

Room Tip: The elevators were very fast, and there were luggage carts we could use. We were on one of the uppe...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Camelot before so we knew it was going to be a great trip. I wanted to leave the gloom of winter so we went down to Myrtle Beach,SC. My birthday's in March but still it was around 60 degrees and sunny. Camelot is always a good pick in the Winter months because of their fantastic indoor swimming pool and lazy river. We had a blast! We had delicious steamed oysters at Dirty Don's Oyster Bar (walking distance) and we loved the beautiful oceanfront view from our balcony. The outside pool was very inviting and had it been a little warmer, I would have loved to take a swim in that too. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful and the room was clean...just as we had expected. The little kitchen is so handy. Up to the 11th floor, you can park right outside your door, which we like. Had a fabulous time and expect that we will continue to stay at Camelot.

Room Tip: Drive the smallest vehicle you have because parking in the parking garage is a little tight.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blackattackcat
Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great room and views. Service was great and very responsible. House keeping handled everything perfectly. Lazy river was great as well as the pool and hot tub. My grandson's first time in the kiddie pool. Staff helped with eating suggestions also. Loved the fast elevators. Great views.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bluewarrior11
Hadley Michigan
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed the week of 2-24-13. The room was very clean, everyone on the staff was very freindly and helpful, though some of the newer staff did not know the area well. Our room was near the elevators, which sounded like jets passing over during the night. The one bedroom rooms are situated so the beds are near the door, and everything that occurs in the parking garage and elevator comes thru loud and clear. Beds were very comfortable, TVs were great. Never had any problem with the wifi. The pool area is very nice, and warmer than most hotel pools I have been in. The problem was, it was only 40 outside, and the staff would prop the outside doors open to "reduce moisture", which reduced the heat inside. The regular pool would have steam coming out because the air was getting so cold.
Location was fine, walking distance to most things. Beach was great. Price thru Groupon was very good.

Room Tip: Nothng close to the elevators, not a one bedroom
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed at Camelot many times when I go to Myrtle . Great service. Reasonable prices. Can park right at yo room. That the #1 thing for me. The rooms were very clean. Good room service. Great place just relax. It is close to many places to eat and many place to go.

Room Tip: Room facing the beach. they are all great and have patio, so you can sit, relax at watch the beach...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank genenewton
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed this weekend 2-24-13. We checked in and as I was changing for the pool, the maintenance guy walked in without knocking and got a view of my behind...when I notified the front desk, I was told that he was doing his job...whatever that is...then we went to pool, which was chilly, not heated. Came back to take showers...water was cold. Called again. Maintenance came told us that they have scald free water tank. In the morning tried again to take shower...this time too cold. When I went to desk to check out and told them again of maintenance guy walking in and ice cold shower. Was told that they would talk to housekeeping on the person walking in and that we needed to turn on water in kitchen and bathroom and let it run for 10 mins and we might have hot water. I would rather stay at a motel 6 then here cuz at least the customer service is better. This was not a fun trip and since I only live 2 hrs away, I waited til I got home to take a HOT shower. This company should learn some customer service.

Also we paid $5 for amenities...the gameroom has a couple games and one was out of order, the pool was chilly. And their convenience store was closed. Luckily there were local taverns open to make the trip more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
1 Thank Samijo425
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My fiancée and I come to Myrtle Beach every year during off season. We usually go out a little further cause the hotels to me are better. But we decided to stay closer to the boardwalk area. I liked the location and the parking garage because I have a large SUV and found it spacious enough. I felt that the rooms was kind of small for a 3 bedroom. Suite. When I made the reservation I explained that we had 3 adult couples and we were given two twin beds in one room. No one read the comments and didn't try to change the room for us. If we had children it would have been perfect. Also we were there
During a large party that was so loud we could hear it on the 17th floor! This was my first time at Camelot and I'm not sure if I'll be back. I think I will go back to the hotels farther north. Less traffic and wear and tear. But we had a good time and we'll definitely continue our annual trip to Myrtle Beach, we may just drive and walk the boardwalk instead of staying close and walking.

• Stayed February 2013