“Great Stay will come back again”

Camelot by the Sea, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #78 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great room and views. Service was great and very responsible. House keeping handled everything perfectly. Lazy river was great as well as the pool and hot tub. My grandson's first time in the kiddie pool. Staff helped with eating suggestions also. Loved the fast elevators. Great views.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bluewarrior11
Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed the week of 2-24-13. The room was very clean, everyone on the staff was very freindly and helpful, though some of the newer staff did not know the area well. Our room was near the elevators, which sounded like jets passing over during the night. The one bedroom rooms are situated so the beds are near the door, and everything that occurs in the parking garage and elevator comes thru loud and clear. Beds were very comfortable, TVs were great. Never had any problem with the wifi. The pool area is very nice, and warmer than most hotel pools I have been in. The problem was, it was only 40 outside, and the staff would prop the outside doors open to "reduce moisture", which reduced the heat inside. The regular pool would have steam coming out because the air was getting so cold.
Location was fine, walking distance to most things. Beach was great. Price thru Groupon was very good.

Room Tip: Nothng close to the elevators, not a one bedroom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed at Camelot many times when I go to Myrtle . Great service. Reasonable prices. Can park right at yo room. That the #1 thing for me. The rooms were very clean. Good room service. Great place just relax. It is close to many places to eat and many place to go.

Room Tip: Room facing the beach. they are all great and have patio, so you can sit, relax at watch the beach...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank genenewton
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed this weekend 2-24-13. We checked in and as I was changing for the pool, the maintenance guy walked in without knocking and got a view of my behind...when I notified the front desk, I was told that he was doing his job...whatever that is...then we went to pool, which was chilly, not heated. Came back to take showers...water was cold. Called again. Maintenance came told us that they have scald free water tank. In the morning tried again to take shower...this time too cold. When I went to desk to check out and told them again of maintenance guy walking in and ice cold shower. Was told that they would talk to housekeeping on the person walking in and that we needed to turn on water in kitchen and bathroom and let it run for 10 mins and we might have hot water. I would rather stay at a motel 6 then here cuz at least the customer service is better. This was not a fun trip and since I only live 2 hrs away, I waited til I got home to take a HOT shower. This company should learn some customer service.

Also we paid $5 for amenities...the gameroom has a couple games and one was out of order, the pool was chilly. And their convenience store was closed. Luckily there were local taverns open to make the trip more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
1  Thank Samijo425
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My fiancée and I come to Myrtle Beach every year during off season. We usually go out a little further cause the hotels to me are better. But we decided to stay closer to the boardwalk area. I liked the location and the parking garage because I have a large SUV and found it spacious enough. I felt that the rooms was kind of small for a 3 bedroom. Suite. When I made the reservation I explained that we had 3 adult couples and we were given two twin beds in one room. No one read the comments and didn't try to change the room for us. If we had children it would have been perfect. Also we were there
During a large party that was so loud we could hear it on the 17th floor! This was my first time at Camelot and I'm not sure if I'll be back. I think I will go back to the hotels farther north. Less traffic and wear and tear. But we had a good time and we'll definitely continue our annual trip to Myrtle Beach, we may just drive and walk the boardwalk instead of staying close and walking.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first time staying here. The staff was very polite and knowledgeable of everything I asked him about the resort. I received a great rate with great service. I will certainly stay here again. The rooms were very nice and clean. The bathrooms were very clean and that was a plus. Had a great view from the balcony. Had an all around great experience at the Camelot.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tina_M_13469
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was our first time to Myrtle Beach. We went during the off season through a Travelocity deal which was very reasonable. The area was not at all crowded at this time - - mostly pensioners moseying along the boardwalk, which was a ten minute walk from Camelot By The Sea.

We had a wonderful stay at Camelot By The Sea. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful; the room was a suite - - very clean and lovely, overlooking the beach. There is a kitchen which we did not need as we only stayed for 3 nights. The décor is sort of retro/Southern - - a real treat.

The hotel is in a great location, as mentioned, right on the beach, walking distance to the boardwalk and plenty of restaurants nearby: (River City has great burgers; a Starbucks right across the street which was convenient as the hotel’s café was not in service during February); Bumm's next door which has karaoke twice a week. Local restaurants deliver within 35 minutes.

We were lucky to get two days of 55 degree weather mid-February and were able to walk around a bit and bask in the sun. The indoor pool and whirlpools added to our relaxation.

We were told that the hotel consists of privately owned condos which are rented out. They are well maintained. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I recommend a beach view room, obviously, but not too high up as there is a terrace.