“Truly Not As Bad As Some Say”

Sea Dip Motel And Condos
Ranked #149 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed September 9, 2013

It is old, the elevators had issues, and it could use some updates...all true. It was beach front, it was not dirty, the location was great, the staff was fine. The pools were smaller, the lazy river was tiny. For the price, the location was great. Would I stay here again--no.

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom room on the end of the 7th floor. I'd recommend that location. The second...
1  Thank Camille811
There are newer reviews for Sea Dip Motel And Condos

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My stay was ok at first until we found out the house keeping there is none!!! Well they are employed but there services isn't there what we found is the following!!!!! the beds they never changed the bed sheets or clean the rooms in fact the bed had very old sheets likes week old sheets!! Maybe it is the owners fault more than the employees!!! But there was multiple stains on the bed matress as well!!! My family and I was there one time and one time until something gets resolved the money was ok but the overall status living conditions was terrible! fortunately we didn't realize how bad it was until the final night because we was never there!!! this stay on the 4rth floor was bad dirty with cock roaches!!! For a labor day Weekend trip I am happy to say there was several things to do to stay out of the pig pen!!

Room Tip: go down the street
1  Thank bigragu2013
seadipmb, Manager at Sea Dip Motel And Condos, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are sorry your stay did not meet up to your expectations. If you could let me know your last name is or what room you were in I would like to follow up with this. We did not have anyone report any complaints over the weekend so, I would really like to follow up with this. I wish you would have brought it to our attention during your stay so, we could correct anything that was wrong.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

What a joke. This place is totally filthy. When my husband and I checked in we were first confused about the parking, all to find out you have to park across the street. When we unloaded our belongings onto the cart, it was a serious joke trying to keep the cart from falling apart. Finally after managing the cart on the narrow walkway, up to the historic elevator we made it to our room on the 2nd floor. The room with the beautiful view of the ocean...NOT...when we opened the curtain we got a view of an ally and an old building but if you turned your head sharp enough to the right, we caught a glimpse of a wave every now and then. The carpets are sticky, the stove has old tin foil over the covers. The sink in the kitchen leakes. The water in both the kitchen and showers are scoulding. The comforters are beyond nasty. They have blood and other unknown stuff on the bottom side. You don't know what's on the top because it blends in with the décor of the comforter. To toast your breakfast, you must go to the outlet by the bed and to make coffee first you must report the coffee pot is gone, but when you pick the phone up to let them know this, the phone don't work. They did bring us a new coffee pot with 10 filters. It was surely nice of them. I was excited I was able to plug the pot up next to the ancient tv. My husband while looking for the remote opened the nightstand and found a sticky substance used washcloth. I was totally grossed out. Figured I would go get a shower to go out. Wow, clean towels and wash cloths would be great but for some reason we got 2 used dirty wash cloths that were still hanging bunched up on the shower rod. The towels, still had someones hand prints all over it. I had to bend to take a shower and I'm only 5'5 imagine my 6'3 husband. I guess the plus side is, my feet really got soaked cause the water didn't drain so my feet got a good bacterial soaking probally. I get out of the shower and once the tub starts draining, black stuff starts bubbling out of the bath room sink. There's no ventilation in the bathroom but a window that u can open if you want someone in the next building to see you naked, so I opened the bathroom door to let the window unit air conditioner that didn't cool our room try to give me some kinda air in the bathroom. These people are worse than slum lords could ever be. They don't miss a beat. Even the ice machine charges you .25 cents to even get ice.
The internet pics are a scam. It's like when you see a really skinny hot girl on fb and think you've found a good deal, then you finally meet up with your dream to find out she's really 300lbs with an afternoon shadow. The pools are tiny and the lazy river might as well have been called a ditch. The small building is what I stayed in. My friends had better conditions with no towels in the bigger building. They were lucky though. The resort has a no pet policy. Thank goodness they supply pets for you ....roaches!!!!! People I can't stress to you enough to save your money!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Senona28562

Thank you for your review. I am sorry our property did not live up to your expectations. We are a smaller property that is locally owned and operated. We do have many of our guest that stay with us year after year and have wonderful family memories!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

There are 2 sides to this review. The first, the staff at the Sea Dip are wonderful people. Very pleasant and hardworking. It's too bad they are put in a position, by the motel owner, whereas they constantly have to apologize to guests for the poor condition of the motel. Now for part 2. Reserved a 2 room suite, checked in at the front desk. Got the luggage cart, had to balance it along a narrow walkway to get to the elevator. Went to the 3rd floor, found that the elevator stops between the 3rd and 4th floors. ??? Got to carry everything down some stairs to get to the room level. Along the way, a large pile of dirty linens blocking the hallway, next to that an uncovered, 33 gallon, half-full trash can. We should have turned around right then. Now the room. Disgustingly old dirty cabinets, walls, doors, and a stove with ripped aluminum foil under the burners for drip trays. Ripped couch cushions, wrinkled up stained rug on the floor. It only took us 3 minutes to head back to the front office and let them know this will not do. Back to the staff. Young lady quickly moved us to the larger tower next door. Room was in much better shape and was well within what would be considered ok. Oh, and the "lazy river" pictures they show must have been taken somewhere else or photo shopped. The entire thing is about 15 feet from end to end. It's located in a dark dank room under the tower. Not a very pleasant place for kids to play. At 89.00 and night and a "resort" fee, this place is over priced by 75%. Not worth $29.95 a night. Rest assured, we, along with most other first time guests, will never return.

Room Tip: make sure you are in the "newer" tower and not the old "motel"

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Sea Dip from July 6-9, 2013. Let me say its not as bad as people say. The hotel is very out dated but you get what you pay for. Compared to the other hotels around this hotel was fairly priced. We booked an Executive Suite on the 11th fl. Great view of the beach and ocean. Room was clean and the maids were very friendly and hospitable. If you were to stay here I would say stay in the tower and spring for the Executive Suite. The only thing I really have a complaint was the stair wells not being vented. Could use some new everything. It's not terrible or nasty but I don't think we'll ever stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your review. We are a smaller property that is locally owned and operated. We do have many of our guest that stay with us year after year and have wonderful family memories!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife, mother n law and I stayed at this hotel and should have know better when the staff had told us that the elevator had been out the day before. After checking in and was going up to find our room, we were greeted by the housekeeping staff only to be informed that our room wasn't ready and we would have to wait. They did a great job of getting it ready quick with us watching. The only problem there was the oven was nasty and hadn't been cleaned. When we were getting ready to go out for the day on Thursday morning, we were informed by another guest (not the owners) that the elevator was down not even a sign on the door. We had to go down 6 floors of steps that had no air. When I asked about the elevator being fixed, was told that it would be Saturday. ( We left Friday). When checking out the only person that said thank you was the housekeeping staff. The owners were not friendly. Would not recommend staying here especially if you have breathing problems.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on first two floors
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I recently booked 6 nights at this place. First off let me say the room was not terrible. The view was awesome. The room was fairly clean and housekeeping was very polite to us. On day 3 the single elevator was down for a short period of time. This was a minor inconvenience as we were on the ninth floor. After our fifth night we awoke to find the elevator was down again. The elevator repair people were there and we decided to wait to leave the room for the day rather than to walk down. I am disabled and have a bad hip. The cleaning lady came and she said it would be several hours so we went ahead and walked down and decided to spend the day out enjoying some activities. Upon our arrival back around 9pm we were informed elevator was broke still and would be out for several days. I could not make it up to the room so my daughter carried 4 peoples worth of stuff down ( we had my 2 grandsons). We went to check out and the lady had nothing to say about our inconvenience and when I asked for some refund for the night we were going to be unable to get back to our room for she first said no that we should have checked out earlier. I explained that maid had said a few hours so we left for awhile to give them time to fix the issue. She was still so very rude and credited us back $16.95. That was an insult. Even though the trip was okay I won't go back there for there lack of consideration to disabled people. I also found out a person in a wheelchair was stuck on 12th floor. I hope they were more considerate to them.

Room Tip: Get a low floor room as housekeeping said elevator is out a lot!!!!!!!