“Plans for next year already!”

Sea Dip Motel And Condos
Ranked #150 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Cleveland, Ohio
“Plans for next year already!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We just got back from our trip to Myrtle Beach. Before I booked a hotel, I did alot of research, and let me tell you, I am SO glad that I went with my gut and didn't listen to all the negative comments about the Sea Dip!!! Our trip and stay was absolutely awesome!!! Yes, the hotel is old, no, it is NOT fresh and new and perfect, but for the price and what we DID have, it was perfect for us! Our room was clean, first off. NO BUGS OF ANY KIND in the 8 days we spent there. Fresh towels every day, beds made on the days we weren't in when housekeeping arrived. Vacuumed also. The stove was clean and the microwave was clean. Nothing nasty left behind. We also had a great time in the pool and my daughter was in heaven with the lazy river! Clean and perfect for a 7 year old. As far as old bedspreads and curtains as someone mentioned? Really, who the heck cares? I came for the beach, the oceanfront view, not to nitpick about nonsense like bedspreads??? The staff was absolutely great as well. We drove in from Cleveland, OH and arrived there 8 hours before check-in time (bad timing on our part) and Sara very graciously let us check in without charging us anything extra. We liked it there so much that we even stayed an extra night. Kudos to the Sea Dip, a small, family-run hotel. If you are going to vacation here and you are looking for a great value, nice people, beautiful views, this is the stop!!! If you are looking for elaborate and fancy, frilly things, go somewhere else. I think I'd rather spend less money on a room and use the rest for fun things.We'll DEFINATELY be back next year :)

Room Tip: Our room was in the middle, level-wise and also floor plan-wise. It was just right.
4 Thank Gloria H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Taylors, South Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Just got back from staying at the Sea Dip we where there for 3 nights, and stayed in a 2 room condo with a kitchen. Yes the place is old and can use work however if you are going to the beach with children and plan on staying at the beach allot this is the place. It is right on the beach which is very convenient. There is a full kitchen that you can prepare meals in. I can say why it may not be the cleanest of places; you are tracking sand from one end to the other. If want you a decent place to stay that is on the beach this will work.

1 Thank Dawn V
Tawas
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Have been to the area many times and have stayed at this motel before, but I do believe this was the last. You would think that over the years there would be some updating to even the small things like curtains and blankets. Not here. I guess I don't have a problem with old, but clean would be nice. We stayed in the older, smaller building this time. Don't think they vacuumed the floor before we checked in and they definately didn't clean the microwave. I refused to touch it until something was done. Went to a market to buy an air freshener because it just smelled horrible as well. Bathroom sink was plugged up as well. We were there for 6 nights and never saw the stairwell cleaned past the first floor. The same food stayed smooshed into the steps the whole time. Saw them clean the first floor area and thought they might actually go up higher this time, but not a chance. I always used the stairs becasue the elevator smelled horrible. I would have rather paid the same money for something off the water and walked to the ocean, than stayed on the ocean in a pig pen. I would highly suggest doing so if you are on a limited budget. You'll enjoy yourself the same, I sure will next time.

Room Tip: Dont stay in the older building
3 Thank jujubtawas

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed in the main building of the hotel and the rooms are definitely older. The kitchenette was all really old and the bathtub had no sheen left, but it still looked clean. I stayed for two nights at $75/night and it was oceanfront.

I didn't go to the pool so I can't say anything about those.

They also didn't have any shampoo in the room which I had not seen before...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I read all the asinine negative reviews. "oh I saw a bug" or "oh I had a bed bug". Hogwash. Don't believe the negativity. The place is a great value for the money. I dare you to find a better value. People nowadays expect too much for zero dollars spent. I call it I'm not gonna pay a lot for that muffler. And face it people are getting stupider in this day and age. The rooms ... Clean. Staff. Extraordinary. The security guy was friendly and amenable. Very helpful. The location was close to everywhere we needed to go. From medieval times to the water park. Excellent overall experience. Maintenance guy was very friendly and helpful. The negative reviews. Ignore them. Ignorant people who probably are all cousins. Take my advice. Stay here.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Illinois_gabriel
Hickory, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were in the newer part (tower) and it was so disgusting. The carpet in our room was so dirty it left our feet black on the bottoms. The fridge had rust on the side.The closet was missing a door and the drawers on the furniture were dirty where people had spilled stuff on them. The bath tub had a permanent yellow stain on it from the mat that was there but was now gone. The kitchen was missing silverware and we found a spoon that had been used to melt DRUGS! They did not provide shampoo or conditioner and if you wanted to wash the dishes they charged a dollar for the dishwashing soap. Room had only 3 towels and 3 wash cloths and when we asked for more we were told we couldn't get more unless we brought them the dirty ones first. Beds were EXTREMELY uncomfortable and only had two pillows on each that were flat as a board. When we checked out I showed them the spoon andd they looked at me like I was crazy. All we got when we told them we were unhappy with our stay was "I'm sorry." DON'T STAY AT THE SEA DIP!!!! We are convinced that this place is for druggies and losers. I regret not taking pics.

Room Tip: No room could be nice at this place!!
3 Thank Jamie P
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I must admit that after I booked this hotel and began reading online reviews I was scared! It wasn't my first choice hotel, but since it was the only oceanfront hotel that offered a full kitchen, let under 25yoa check in, and fit our price range, we decided to give it a try. The first thing I noticed was that there is plenty of parking. Upon check in, the staff was very friendly (Be aware that if you are under 25, you are required to put down a cash deposit). When I found out our room was in the older tower, I was diassapointed because of all the bad reviews these rooms were given. Much to my surprise, the room wasnt bad at all! Some of the appliances were old, but they worked. Everything was clean and we never had any trouble getting assistance from the housekeeping staff. I will say that the room would have been crowded if there were more than just the two of us staying. We didn't really use the pools, but both looked to be nice and clean. The lazy river is lame. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the sea deep, and both agreed that you can't beat the beach access and closeness to all the fun stuff in myrtle. I would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012