“Weekend getaway”

Holiday Inn at the Pavilion
Ranked #15 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My Husband and I took a weekend getaway to see beautiful Myrtle Beach. We stayed at Holiday Inn At the Pavilion. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I will defiantly stay here again.

1  Thank Crystal C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,191)

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have stayed here numerous times over the years and have had nothing but wonderful
experiences,the staff,especially Sandy have always been curtious and helpful.This Hotel is
idealy located.When coming to Myrtle Beach we would consider no where else.

Room Tip: suites on higher floors,example 801,901,1001 afford great views of the beach and street.
1  Thank dchatham2
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed on the top floor in a "suite" type room so we had a kitchen and separate bedroom which was great for traveling with a toddler. The elevator was sketchy at best, it definitely needs to be completely fixed. The parking here is not ideal, but I never had to walk too far, but when you have groceries it's not easy. The view of the beach was fantastic, and seeing the sunrise over the ocean was unforgettable. Being right next to the old "pavilion" area was NOT a positive for me. I used to live in MB and forgot how much I loathed this area. I thought the new "boardwalk" would have changed things a little but, no.. The front desk staff was extremely nice, and helpful! The breakfast was not good at all. Also on our last day there we were given 15 minutes notice via a knock on the door that someone would be coming in to clean the carpets. We removed everything from the floor, like we were told. I had specifically called housekeeping and was given a window of time that they would be there. We went down to the pool to kill time, with the baby in toe, and when we returned they still had not gotten to our room (we gave extra time as well). This was a huge inconvenience, all before 11am, and they ended up skipping our room. I probably wouldn't stay here unless you're in your late teens/twenties and want to do the whole boulevard thing.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We had good customer service from the time we checked in, the staff were friendly and very helpful. It would be nice to have yogurt in the breakfeast room and the breakfeast lady Robin was a sweet person and fun to talk to.

1  Thank Carol R
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Ok so I never write reviews because I am a pretty easy to please person but this place ends to be shut down..

After driving 13 hours to get there I was expecting to check in to my ocean view room which was a joke, if ocean views means leaning over the balcony so you can catch a glimpse of water then sure. Went to the indoor pool only to find beer cans all over the place. The outdoor bar is only open from 11-6 so thats kind of pointless when you dont really plan on drinking your day away. The "breakfast" (if you want to call it that) consists of frozen waffles, cold cereal and instant oatmeal with some fruit that looks a few days old. The rooms were filthy, I didnt use the bedding that was provided because I was afraid of bed bugs. I refused to walk around the room without shoes on. I also showered with sandals on because the bathroom was horid. The toliet took 10 minutes to flush. There was no water pressue what so ever. The sliding glass door was not easy to lock. And worst of all the entry door did not CLOSE! I would have to body slam the door in order for it to close completely and lock. If I was leaving my room I would have to grab the door handle and get a running start to make sure it was closed. When I told the women at the front desk about the entry door she said someone will be there to fix it..no one ever came.

Long story short I would let my worst enemy stay here!!

3  Thank Aubrey C
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Had a great weekend at the Holiday Inn for The St. Patrick's Day festival. Hotel is in a great location within walking distance to the many eating/drinking establishments on the boardwalk. Staff and guest were very friendly.

2  Thank renee2rio
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Wonderful location for families and couples in Myrtle Beach. The location is wonderful, park the car and walk to most attractions. Indoor and outdoor pools, plus your own Tiki Bar !! Room was clean with refrigerator, stove and microwave. Perfect!!

1  Thank Glen_and_Lisa