“3 stars?”

Holiday Inn at the Pavilion
Ranked #15 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is in a great location, on the beach, by a pier. It is beside a few amusement park rides that would be great to entertain the kids. The pools seemed nice, but were heavily chlorinated. The staff was friendly and helpful. Those were the positives.

The negatives include parking. I think people visiting the amusement area, park in the spaces designated for the hotel. Also, there is a parking garage, about a block up, which isn’t the safest for females at night. You got locals walking around. One actually looked pretty scary to me, and that was during the daytime! Carry some mace or something, if you know you will be staying at the hotel and going out at night.

The rooms are adequate, but the bed linens are a little scary. They don’t have deep enough pockets to stay on the mattress. This causes them to shift off at night. The sheets are also dingy. They really made me appreciate all those pearly white sheets you have at “regular 3 star” hotels. I’m not sure why this hotel is labeled a 3 star. Maybe the pools and oceanfront access?

There were little toiletries available. But, at least the washcloths & towels didn’t appear dingy.

I wouldn’t recommend this hotel if you are on the particular side. It’s just a little too shabby for my tastes. However, if you don’t mind, “roughing it” to get good oceanfront accommodations – then go for it. It’s just there are other properties on the boulevard that are much nicer.
My trip was last minute, and short, so it was tolerable. I probably would have passed on it though, had I known it was not a true Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn at the Pavilion

Reviewed May 7, 2013

First room was in buliding next to main tower with no elevators. Was charged an upgrade fee because I needed to be in the tower with elevators because of a breathing problem. Second room seemed cleaner, but very dark and didn't make for a comfy place to stay. Not very handicap friendly. Parking was all over the place. Should have the front parking only for handicap vehicles. A plus was everyone I came in contact was friendly and I made the most of it, but won't be returing.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the main tower!
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed in the annex for lack of a better term. Asked for first floor room since this building has no elevator. We got the first floor but you have to go up at least 6 steps to access the first floor! It is not very handicap friendly! It is noisy, right along the small parking area and by the street. The signs say Holiday Inn and so does their web site.This is why I booked it. Guess what, they are not affiliated with Holiday Inn! I can see why, While they do have indoor and outdoor pools and offer a free continental breakfast I cannot recommend this motel to anyone. And, it's not the cleanest place I've stayed in either! I booked this online with no prior knowledge of the hotel, this was a mistake which will never happen again.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This place is really nice and the employees are very friendly. I would recommend to anyone. The location is very good right in the middle of everything.It is very affordable and great amnentities. They need to put some bacon on the Continental breakfast lol.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank smith2108
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Good points: CLEAN!
lazy river, hot tub, indoor and outdoor pool, grassy areas with tables and chairs to just relax. Pool side bar. Walking distance to 2 piers and the boardwalk is right there. Breakfast included.
Not so good points:
Exterior access to rooms with no key in gates. Our first floor room was right off the alley for public beach access and the parking lot.
NOISY
Maintenance knocked and then started to enter the room before I could reply that our room was occupied (twice!)
No security presence.
Solicitors sliding flyers under your door.

Room Tip: You want to main building and a higher room to feel safer.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Very friendly staff. I had asked for the 10th floor, which I was given 6th, the clerk checked, had a room on 10th & she gave it to me. Elise gave me some very helpful information & was very nice. There was some trouble with my shuttle service picking me up on departure. Desk called me & offered to call a taxi,she has no idea how much I appreciated that. I'm already planning my next stay! Love this hotel & location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Belinda B
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here April 19-21 2013 in a 1 bedroom oceanfront. We came for a relaxing getaway. The room was very clean. We didn’t find the bedroom very useful due to us using the pull out bed in the living space because it was where we could watch and hear the waves all night. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to meet our request regarding our vehicle. The kitchen met our needs but I would suggest more cooking supplies and a wine bottle opener (we didn’t think to bring ours). This hotel is very close to a boardwalk where we enjoyed the scenery before dinner. Our visit was very relaxing and made our time together very special. We didn’t get a chance to enjoy the pool area but will definitely make this part of our agenda next trip.