“Not Pleased”

Holiday Inn at the Pavilion
Ranked #15 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed in the annex for lack of a better term. Asked for first floor room since this building has no elevator. We got the first floor but you have to go up at least 6 steps to access the first floor! It is not very handicap friendly! It is noisy, right along the small parking area and by the street. The signs say Holiday Inn and so does their web site.This is why I booked it. Guess what, they are not affiliated with Holiday Inn! I can see why, While they do have indoor and outdoor pools and offer a free continental breakfast I cannot recommend this motel to anyone. And, it's not the cleanest place I've stayed in either! I booked this online with no prior knowledge of the hotel, this was a mistake which will never happen again.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This place is really nice and the employees are very friendly. I would recommend to anyone. The location is very good right in the middle of everything.It is very affordable and great amnentities. They need to put some bacon on the Continental breakfast lol.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank smith2108
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Good points: CLEAN!
lazy river, hot tub, indoor and outdoor pool, grassy areas with tables and chairs to just relax. Pool side bar. Walking distance to 2 piers and the boardwalk is right there. Breakfast included.
Not so good points:
Exterior access to rooms with no key in gates. Our first floor room was right off the alley for public beach access and the parking lot.
NOISY
Maintenance knocked and then started to enter the room before I could reply that our room was occupied (twice!)
No security presence.
Solicitors sliding flyers under your door.

Room Tip: You want to main building and a higher room to feel safer.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Very friendly staff. I had asked for the 10th floor, which I was given 6th, the clerk checked, had a room on 10th & she gave it to me. Elise gave me some very helpful information & was very nice. There was some trouble with my shuttle service picking me up on departure. Desk called me & offered to call a taxi,she has no idea how much I appreciated that. I'm already planning my next stay! Love this hotel & location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Belinda B
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here April 19-21 2013 in a 1 bedroom oceanfront. We came for a relaxing getaway. The room was very clean. We didn’t find the bedroom very useful due to us using the pull out bed in the living space because it was where we could watch and hear the waves all night. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to meet our request regarding our vehicle. The kitchen met our needs but I would suggest more cooking supplies and a wine bottle opener (we didn’t think to bring ours). This hotel is very close to a boardwalk where we enjoyed the scenery before dinner. Our visit was very relaxing and made our time together very special. We didn’t get a chance to enjoy the pool area but will definitely make this part of our agenda next trip.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Love it there. Close to everything. Walking distance to all the excitement. Just wished there was better parking. Did not like parking so far away from my room. The breakfast was great, housekeeping was very good an helpful. The staff was very nice. If I could get some better deals would come down more often.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank pokie1974
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Made my reservation online and spoke with Rick who was very accommodating. When asked what floor to stay on he suggested the fifth floor. He did say he could could not guarantee the fifth floor but noted it in our reservation. When we checked in we had the fifth floor.... Right in the middle.

Every body was very friendly and helpful. Room was nice view was great access to area a attractions was excellent. Desperately will be coming back.

1  Thank Mikedesj