“great location/easy access”

Holiday Inn at the Pavilion
Ranked #16 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed in an ocean front 1 bd unit (room309) for 2 nts. The property was ideally located next to the beautiful Skywheel , near the scenic pier and on the boardwalk! This unit was nice, with a fresh and clean feeling.

Room Tip: This rating is based on my experience in room 309.
1  Thank dmd516
Write a ReviewReviews (2,199)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

After spending a frightfull night in a roachtel i walked to this place at 8:Oclock in the morning saw that the vacancy sign was on so i went to inquire about a room The you Lady was very nice and she heard my plight and she informed me that there was no clean rooms avail sense it was spring break and they were full but she promised me she would but a room on the top of the list to be cleaned i then checked in and she said that my family and i was welcome t breakfast and the use of the pool until a room was ready but iwentback grabbed the Family went and checked out of that place went and got some Breakfast she called and said that ther rrom was ready talk about service The room was clean everything i needed did see much just slept due to the night before Thank You yopung lady behind the desk I didnt get your name But again Thanks

Room Tip: Nice Ocean front rooms overlooking the pools
3  Thank Tony H
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just got back from Spring Break in Myrtle Beach. Even though the weather was terrible we had a nice time. We stayed at the Holiday Inn at The Pavilion. The location of this hotel has it's good and bad. The good, is that it is within walking distance of a few eateries, and the Skywheel, and the Slingshot ride, and The pier. The bad is that in the evening you can hear the people screaming for there life on the slingshot.
We stayed in the oceanfront room on the 6th floor, I believe the beds were queen size (not real comfortable), but it definitely is a tight squeeze for a family of four. The bathroom has no privacy for dressing and undressing unless you tell the kids to not come around the corner. What I mean is the toilet/shower door closes, but the sink area where you need to dry off is open (no door). The kitchen area is small, but we didn't cook so I didn't use it, but it does have all the essentials if you do decide to cook.
Breakfast was one of the main reasons I chose this hotel, and we ended up going out to eat. Very limited choices, tiny bagels, tiny donuts, fruit out of a can, frozen waffles....coffee, juice, cold cereal and milk.
Pool area is clean, but the chlorine level is a little high. They said heated pools, but they seemed to be room temp.
There is a tiki bar on grounds, and the one cocktail I had was ok.
Parking, well there are about 15 stalls by the hotel, and the rest is across the street and across that street as well. There is a parking garage across the street that you can use also, so it can be tricky especially if the hotel is full.
I do have to say that check in was easy, the ladies are friendly and the maids are very friendly and helpful.

2  Thank RWeThereYet66
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've been staying at this Holiday Inn for close to 20 years and will continue to do so. We come to Myrtle Beach at least twice a year and it's like a home away from home for me and my kids. Came down spur of the moment last year 4th of July week and had to stay somewhere else. It just wasn't the same. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The suites are almost like a small apartment so I don't have to trip over my kids while there. View is gorgeous and everything I need including groceries is withing walking distance. The only small drive we make is when we go to Broadway at the Beach and it is only 5 minutes away. Other than that I can relax and enjoy without having to drive anywhere. We will be back in June for a week and once again in August before school starts back. Love this place!!

3  Thank dmills22
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I didn't like the location of the room we stayed in. When we stepped on the balcony there was a wall blocking the view of everything to the right. The front desk personnel was nice and the security officer even personally knocked on our door to let us know closer parking was available and that it would be safer to move our car. Definitely wouldn't cross this place off my list, I would probably just ask for another floor.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank I_am_Toyia85
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family and I came to Myrtle Beach for a cheer competition and had an excellent time! This hotel is in the middle of everything so during our down time we relaxed on the balcony with our excellent view while our daughter and her friends walked along the new boardwalk. The staff was very helpful. Elyse helped us book the room when we told her we would be in town for the cheer competition she was already informed of what we were looking for making our booking a very easy process. We got to meet her when we checked in and again she was pleasant and very helpful. We also ran into her a day later asking for directions to Broadway at the Beach and what her recommendations on restaurants were. She was very helpful and gave easy to follow directions to get us everywhere we needed to go. We had a great time, will definitely be back in the future! We loved the area, the hotel, the staff and the wonderful view from our balcony. I defintiely recommend this hotel and if you decide to book call and ask for Elyse, she is very pleasant and will put 110% in to help you with anything you need.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel is not part of the Holiday Inn chain. I think their use of the Holiday Inn name is false advertising, misleading, and should be punished. The hotel itself is fine but has an awkward layout. Registration is on the second floor, so we unpacked the car in the cramped registration parking area on the ground floor and took everything up to registration, only to find that we were in a second building (that doesn't have an elevator.) We had to go back down to the ground floor, across to the second building, and then haul our bags upstairs by hand. Room is comfortable and large, with a sideways view of the beach.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family