“Girls trip :)”

Holiday Inn at the Pavilion
Ranked #16 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My daughter, grand-daughter, and I took off on an unplanned quick trip to the beach. I picked the hotel a bit blindly, although I did read reviews here first but still, I wasn't familiar with it. I was SO pleasantly surprised. Our room was FANTASTIC with a beautiful view and a full kitchen. We were only there an hour or so and decided we needed to turn our one night stay into an extra day. It was winter so a lot of the stores were closed but we were very lucky with the weather and it was warm enough to step right outside and walk on the beach. My grand-daughter LOVED the indoor pool and there was some good food right across the street.

Room Tip: We had an ocean front room on about the 6th floor. The kitchen and view were fantastic. Only steps t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MomTeresa
Write a ReviewReviews (2,199)

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is the best place to stay . We had top floor last room. Amazing views both ways. The staff service was EXCELLENT we were SAFE at ALL TIMES clean inside and out. Will be going back and will not even look for another place to stay. enjoy.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: top floor !!!!!!!!!!!!! get the ends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marie E
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The first year we stayed had a great experience. The second trip was not so good. The carpet was so nasty! Pillows on the bed smelled like soured milk! The worst thing I had a bag of jewelry stolen from my room. Wonder who????? Called the hotel after we returned home to make sure it wasn't there, and they tell me that their staff was not like that. Well they are. Will never stay their again!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank kmp92
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have stayed here four or five times over the years after trying other places. There are nicer places but if you want to be in the center of it all and not lose your wallet while doing it, this is the place.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Shrtstp2
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed here last March in the 9th floor tower room. This was supposed to be an upgrade from just a regular room, it was very small and cramped and there was just my husband and myself.
It was ok clean, but could have used just a little more effort put into it. The pools and the lazy river were very nice and clean and the water was very comfortable.
This resort is right on the main strip which was a great plus, you were on it as soon as you left the hotel and there was really no need to drive anywhere as everything you wanted from all your meals, shopping and entertainment was right there.
Loved the location but most likely will not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The only negative thing that i could possibly say about this place is the breakfast served!!! For the price we payed and the experience we had, I felt that the breakfast they offered was aimed for children... Small muffins, mini donuts, frozen waffles etc.... I expected s great big hot morning breakfast so that's the only bad thing i can say that they can greatly improve on big time!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank myrtlebeachnewbies
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I honeymooned here ten years ago and have been back several times since. We have never had anything other than a pleasant experience at this hotel, unlike some other hotels in MB. The rooms are clean & are up-dated, the employees are helpful & friendly and the frozen drinks at the hut by the pool are marvvvvvvvelous!
On 2/8/13, I attempted to make reservations online but ran into a few problems booking the room so I called directly to the hotel. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get the same price as on the internet, however I was able to book the suite for the same price with the help of "Kim", a wonderful representative for this hotel. I was so impressed with her, I emailed her manager to let him know what a good employee he had!
We look forward to our stay there in March and hope it will be as pleasant as making the reservation was. But either way, I'll update this when we get back.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple