“Romantic getaway”

Ranked #14 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Hope Mills, North Carolina
“Romantic getaway”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed for only one night in the King oceanfront room. We had no issues. Beds were comfy and view was Great. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. Being right on the boardwalk was a plus. We would stay again.

Room Tip: We were in a King oceanfront room and had no issues
Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KCL2552

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The view from our Tower room was beautiful. We found the staff to be friendly and the rooms to be clean. We will return to this hotel the next time we visit Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank kelleann
New Hampshire
Reviewed January 5, 2013

When we checked in the rate was higher than what we had seen advertised but it was 10pm and so we took it.The man (staff) said we had to be careful of those cheap rooms because we might have more company in our bed than we expected. The room looked nice until we looked at the bed it was sunk in the middle and the foot of the bed was higher than the head. We were so tired we couldn't bother to ask to be moved and we figured all the beds were probably old because the rest of the room was recently renoed so they hadn't got to the beds yet. Well then came the breakfast.It was so bad!!! The only hot food was whatever you could put in the toaster and the only baked item was mini muffins,and the coffee was really bad too. I went up to the room after and took off the sheets and there was a blood stain on the mattress. I found that pretty ironic after what the guy said about company in our bed. Don't go here btw it's not a Holiday Inn. They had the name before the chain. That's why we expected more.

Room Tip: Don't go here at all. yuck!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank braznblond
Cheraw
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have never seen a 3 diamond resort hotel with 1 ply toilet paper. The beds were hard and lumpy. I was more tired when I woke up than I was when I went to bed. The TV screen was so dirty you could hardly see the picture. The remote would not turn the TV on or off; you had to get up for that. The kitchen was very outdated. I will not be staying there ever again. When we were leaving our room a person asked us if we were checking in or out. We stated out. He said I just checked in and there is no hot water.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Although the staff, particularly Kim and Rick, were very friendly and helpful, in a 5 night stay, we've only had hot water for showers 2 days. There was always an excuse, but something like that just isn't acceptable. Also, I'm not sure I would even return to MB at all, given the high pressure sales people located at the concierge desk in the hotel and all up and down the boardwalk. Every time we walked on the boardwalk we were accosted and (sometimes even followed) by apparently desperate sales people wanting to convince us to come to a plantation resort tour, shows, etc. when all we really wanted to do was be left alone to explore on our own on our honeymoon. Not much fun. Where's the old-fashioned Southern hospitality that we've always heard about? They don't even do this in New York! Also, found long black hairs in my towels. Eww.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Ohio
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Get place to stay the hotel staff were all very friendly. The parking lots were nice sized and had security from 7 till 7 which made it even better, so I know my vehicle would be ok. The breakfast was great always full and always ready on time. We had a great time our room was clean and overlooked the ocean. The pool and hot tub were always so clean and so refreshing. My wife couldn't believe they were even cleaning the outside pool when we were there. The front desk clerks Rick and Kim were very friendly and helpful. I liked she called me Mr. C which made me feel important. Rick I found out was the night shift manager and he was very kind and treated everyone with kindness. The overall stay was great I would tell everyone to stay there if they were going to the beach.

Room Tip: Face the ocean and always get the top floor like we did it has the best view of everything. We staye...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brad C
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights at this hotel. The location and view of this hotel is awesome. Pools and jacuzzi were super clean and nice.
But this is the end of good things...
The breakfast at this hotel sucked big time. Except some muffins they have NOTHING!!!
There is a huge metal frame about 4 inches high between room and balcony. I almost broke my feet when I was entering balcony for the first time. They should have some sort of warning for it.
I call it IDIOTIC and DUMB design and sure will injure a customer sometime.
Parking is OK for offseason but not convenient for peak season time.
Hotel staff is not good. One lady on reception seemed drunk to me when I visited it for a request.
Hotel staff was not accommodating for a late checkout request (hotel was 95% empty).
Overall it was an average stay. Nothing to rave about.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple