“EXCELLENT”

Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #21 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I decided to take a trip to Myrtle Beach to spend time with my teenage daughter. I chose to stay at the Sea Crest again, I've stayed there several times before and was impressed with the hotel, the pools, the spa, guest services, everything was great. We had a great trip and are already planning our next Mother/Daughter trip and we will be staying at the Sea Crest.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,234)

Reviewed June 1, 2009

We had a wonderful time at Sea Crest and are already planning to return again next year. The rooms are spacious and clean, and I found both beds and pillows to be really comfortable -which is a rare treat, as we have stayed in all kinds of places from a single room you can't get in the shower in to the Sheriton in Sweden. Given a choice of everywhere i have stayed in the past, Sea Crest resort was the most comfortable. My 1 and 2 year old loved every minute of the baby/toddler pool and the indoor heated pool on the cooler days. All of the staff were extremely nice and friendly and anything we needed was brought immediately.

Reviewed May 24, 2009

The secrest was a great place to stay with the family.We traveled to Myrtle Beach during spring break and the price at the Seacrest was great! I would only recommend that the resort do a little but of upgrading to the rooms but besides that there were no probelms.We had our two kids with us and they loved the onsite pools...Great location to restaurants, amusement parks, etc. Great access to the beach!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2009

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is very nice but the main comment I want to make is about the security officer-Officer McKinney, badge #336. Our daughter and family stayed at your hotel about a month ago and we visited them there because we were staying just down the street at another hotel. But we came back last week and stayed with you and both times we had some interaction with Officer McKinney and he was extremely nice and helpful. I just wish there were more people like him everywhere we go, but he is a rare find. You are blessed to have a man like this working for you. Thank you!
Rev. Larry Felker
Augusta, Ga.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I really enjoyed staying at Sea Crest the price was great. Also the rooms were very clean. We really enjoyed having the pools and workout room. I would recommend Sea Crest to everyone I know.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 17, 2009

My husband and I spent our honeymoon here on May 20, 1984. We wanted to return again, as we had not stayed here in 25 years, but at other locations at Myrtle. We made the two night reservation and paid the one night's stay by telephone. We asked about being entitled to any discounts for seniors or governtment retirees, which we are, and were told there would be no discounts. When we arrived May 15th, we were told the balance due and paid at that time. We were given a receipt that did not itemize the charges. The angle oceanfront king efficiency was a mistake. The balcony has room for one person to sit, and two to stand tightly. The main pool outdoors is maybe four feet deep. There is virtually no parking at the motel. One has to cross the street to access the parking deck. When we checked out, the clerk asked if we'd like another receipt itemizing the charges and we received same. In reviewing the daily charges, a customer would expect to see the cost of the next day charge for the room and the tax relative to that day's room charge. Much to our disappointment, and surprise, there were charges each day for the two days of a fee the customer has to pay for the motel being a resort! This is appalling and unnecessary. Vickie, staff clerk, who made the reservation by phone, or Sue Beth (not sure this name is correct), the clerk who checked us in, made no mention to inform us of these extra charges that were also not outlined in the webpage or their brochure. A customer expects to pay taxes. We will not be back and do expect a full refund of these hidden charges! We would expect the Seacrest to feel honored and gratified that, in today's bad economy, we would choose to spend $250 to return to our honeymoon motel! Please be warned.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2009

I went on reviews of this hotel myself without ever seeing it.
We got there at 3 am and had no problems at all with check in or anything.
The room was very nice& VERY clean! I will tell you this hotel has been remodeled. But that was great. The room we had seemed brand new - The only thing they didnt remodel was the kitchen( we had a full kitchen in a Economy Oceanfront room) - But there was nothing "economy" about it. We had two Comfy Queen beds, Full kitchen - stove, oven, micro - FULL size refrigerator!!!! and the "step out balcony" -WAS A FULL PORCH! WITH CHAIRS AND A SMALL TABLE!!! We had an amazing view from 10 floors up! I even spotted dolphins from inside my room while I was in mid conversation!!! The bathroom was Very clean -I'm very picky about that! My son had the time of his life at the kiddie water park down stairs. That was great and FREE!!!! Also the room has coupons in it so find them and use them! And the beach was about 30 feet from the hotel once you get out to the pools! -CANT BEAT THAT!
My only words of wisdom are these... And listen up.
The breakfast area is friendly and great- only a tad hard to find and I didnt even know about it until someone told us. Just ask the help- they were very nice and will tell you how to get there. Also the elevators are seriously BUSY! But again the staff was friendly and gave us a tip to use the side eleavators that most people dont know about. We did that the entire time we where there and never had to wait for a ride. Everyone else stood waiting for around 10 min for one. So find those side ones and use them!
Also - Luggage carts!- We had one when we came in at 3 am but leaving on sunday before 11 am like everyone else- Good luck. Some people get really mean about them so either leave really early or atleast pack the car early. Or be prepared to carry your belongings down to the car and across to the parking deck. Or have someone drive the car over to unload and load it up. Just some words of wisdom.
PS- Pier 14 resturant was good to eat at out on the pier but pricey. I would have rather spent all my money eating at Margaritaville at the Boardwalk on the beach outdoor mall area! Or if you wanna go cheap.. - Hit the local store and buy seafood and cook yourself! Then eat all you want for a FRACTION of what it will cost you in that town.
Seriously. There are NO good "cheap" places to eat in that entire town.
If you know of somewhere please email me at [--]!

Bottom line- GREAT FUN - GREAT PRICE. ALREADY PLANNING MY RETURN TRIP.
Sorry this was sooo long. HOPE IT HELPS!
I would also check out the Anderson Resort & Spa - Thats the only other place I think I would stay in that town.
And they too run good last minute deals!

Opps one more thing.. There is also a waterpark (ON THE BEACH) within walking distance! Looked Awesome!
And at night they have live music down by the pool and tiki bar with dancing and fun club type lighting. Just a little place for some Romance :P