“Should be smoking at least on the balcony”

Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #21 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Over all was great I would probably not return due to the fact as a smoker I felt punished I completely understand the no smoking in the rooms but on the balcony is a little much but hey it's not my hotel

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at numerous resorts across the country and the Sea Crest has hands down the best customer service that I have experienced from beginning to end. When I called to book our rooms, they were helpful, pleasant, and accommodating. We drove 14 hrs and one of our family members had a breakdown at arrival. They allowed us to leave our vehicle parked there until we were able to get it fixed. We were allowed to park in the hotel lot almost every night with my elderly grandmother instead of the garage. I had reserved 3 rooms and 2 of them were with kitchenette and separate living area. After unloading luggage in the rooms, I wondered why there was no sofa bed in out Oceanfront room, I went to the lobby to ask and was upgraded at no extra cost to a suite. The view in both rooms was amazing! Everyone at the hotel was helpful and friendly. It was clean, close to everything and we would definitely come back here if we travel back to Myrtle Beach! Oh and btw the price was great as well. We traveled on a budget and absolutely got a great price for a great resort!

1  Thank C0MAX
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My friends and I checked in after having a horrible experience at a different location right down the road. One of the concierges, Paige, was a tremendous help and got us into a beautiful ocean facing room with a kitchen and everything we could have needed. The resort is beautiful and the staff were very friendly, accommodating, and extremely courteous. I would highly recommend this resort, it is on the cost affordable side but that does not mean they skimp in any way. Myself and friends stay for spring break but I would definitely recommend it even to family members looking to vacation in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank seankelleher
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I just got back from my four day stay. I was very happy with it. Overall, our room was clean and room service checked back each day. The price was very affordable. BEWARE... Myrtle Beach has many hotels, 98% of which are nasty as all heck and look like crack houses; so don't always go with the cheapest place because you will most likely regret it. The Sea Crest was hospitable and clean with a reasonable price. I went on my college spring break during mid March and the tiki bar and outdoor pool areas were not open. I didn't like that as I felt it was appropriately in season, yet for them it wasn't "In Season" but I won't hold it against them. I was happy.

Overall: For less than $80 a night (BEFORE extra fees) for two queen beds with a beach view and kitchen; I was happy. The room was clean, service was available if needed. The pool and hot tub were pretty nice. Outdoor area wasn't open as it wasn't in their "season". I do wish there was a nicer gym in the facility (no free weights, only a few machines which wouldn't adjust (broken).
THREE STARS in my book overall, when you look at the price with relation to the hotel I was happy.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed at the beach facing rooms of the hotel for two nights and I have nothing to complain. From the neatly decked bathrooms to the perfectly done bed, everything was as I would have liked it. The staff are extremely accommodating and courteous. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Sea Crest is a great hotel! Had stuff for people of all ages. Water slide area for kids, bar area outside for adults, hot tubs, pools, Lazy River...amazing ocean views from the rooms. Room service was great, front desk and other staff were also friendly as can be and provided prompt service. Very clean hotel and I will definitely be staying there again. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank bmn4543
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We enjoyed our 1st family vacation here.Wouldn't change anything.we're from the beach and moved to nc and this hotel was perfect, staff friendly, clean areas, heated pools, Jacuzzi pools. Great amenities for kids