“Very Nice”

Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #21 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed November 7, 2013

After reading some of the bad reviews, I was a little nervous. However, check-in was a breeze (we arrived on a Thurs evening), room was easy to find (near the elevators) and it was clean and roomy.
We went to Myrtle Beach to celebrate our anniversary and everything was wonderful.
Front desk was very helpful. Had a message in the room upon checkin from Housekeeping asking if everything was satisfactory & to let them know if we needed anything.

The only areas that could use some improvements -
Posting the hours for their coffee shop on the 1st floor. They were working on the elevator on that end of the building. The coffee shop is on the 5th floor. We walked up to the 5th floor that Friday just to find they were closed.
We were in one of the angled Oceanfront Jacuzzi Suite. I'm used to oceanfront being oceanfront. However, we had a side view. It was still nice & I had a pretty good view of the ocean but that's not what I think when I hear oceanfront.
The mattress is a little firmer than I am used to. Could benefit from mattresses that are a little softer.

Room Tip: If you like firm mattresses, you will be fine. If you are used to a real soft mattress, it will take...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,211)

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Sea Crest one weekend and had a blast. My husband and older sons enjoyed the indoor pool and lazy river. Our accomidations were more than adaquite for 5 people. We had a lot of room to move around and didn't feel like we were right on top of each other. Overall it was a wonderful stay, so when I found myself back in Myrtle Beach the following weekend for my son's baseball tournament there were no doubts as to where we'd be staying. Comfy beds, great ocean front view, I don't know how it could get any better!

Room Tip: For the best view stay as high as you can. If you're looking for quiet, stay away from the 1st...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Quick check-in. Very clean room. Great price. Convenient location. I have stayed at numerous hotels in Myrtle Beach as we live a couple hour away and visit often for sports and weekend getaways. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Sea Crest! Everything was great! Our only issue was having to walk back and forth to the parking garage. But that's just us being spoiled :) The rooms are huge very clean and spacious.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a couples get away. Very clean and comfortable. Staff members are very friendly. Would definitely recommend the Sea Crest. Can't wait to come back next year with my children.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our first visit to Myrtle Beach was a great experience thanks in large part to our stay at Sea Crest. Our oceanfront room was clean, comfortable, and quiet with an awesome view, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were amazed by how inexpensive our room was (much less than a mid-price motel on the Interstate)!!! The only thing preventing an "Excellent" rating here is that our off-season reservation included the bonus of free breakfasts and Starbucks coffee every morning, yet the on-site restaurant was closed when we arrived the last week in October. Meal tickets for a buffet breakfast 3 blocks away were substituted, and food and staff there were great, but it just wasn't the same.
Would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Northeast corner junior suite was perfect, would recommend 4th floor and up for a view not obstructe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was our first time staying at Seacrest Oceanfront it was very nice front being to end. I would recommend anyone to stay there. Staff was very nice. It's location was in walking distance to everything.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor view was excellent nice size room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple