“A great relaxation experience”

Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #21 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This vacation was well needed and upon check in we were greeted and told about any and all information about the property. From the breakfast cafe to the karaoke nightly. My husband and I requested online when booking the highest floor available and they honored it with no problem. The staff was always friendly and helpful no matter what questions I asked. We will stay here in the near future again.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I am very satisfied with my experience at the sea crest. It was what I expected it to be and more. The staff was bery friendly, welcoming, and helpful in anyway they could be. i have no complaints at all anout my time spent there. I will definitely consider the sea crest in my future vacations to myrtle beach! Thanks for allowing me to stay in this lovely resort!

1  Thank MsCrtne
Reviewed August 21, 2013

location is perfect. room was ok-i expected more for the price. only two of the burners worked on the stove. room looked dated and Murphy bed was not very comfortable. staff was very accommodating to our needs when it came to towels and extras for the kitchen.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I traveled with my 3 and 7 yr old and my husband. We had an oceanview suite and it was great. The room was ready when we got there (3:30PM) and it was a cozy corner room overlooking the pool. All the pools were well maintained and the best part, they weren't too deep, so my 7 yr old could enjoy while I sat and relaxed. The mini kitchen was well equiped (utensils, pots, cups, plates). Overall it was a great stay!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the oceanview, it's a nicer feel and you come right off the elevators adn wal...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very dated hotel and rooms. Boasts 8 pools and a water park on site, which drew us to this hotel in the first place, but we were VERY disappointed. The water park was one old kids slide and some water buckets, all 8 pools clearly for children, not deep and just generally boring. The breakfast was terrible! Instant eggs, yoghurt past its use-by date and apples rotted through the middle! Disgusting! Not a great location, knowing what we do now about Myrtle Beach we would stay on North Ocean Blvd. The only good thing about this place was Starbucks on-site (which closes after breakfast) and the room keeping staff were extraordinarily friendly! Not enough to warrant another stay at the Sea Crest.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ash G
Reviewed August 19, 2013

While our view was beautiful, the rooms are very outdated. The chlorine levels were extremely high and my 3yr old granddaughter must have her long hair cut off by 4". I am a pool owner and I know when something has been over chlorinated, and it wasn't all the pools. No towels at pool. Very inconvenient to not have ice on every floor as well as vending machines with bottled water. Refrigerator dirty, walls dirty - needs to be scrubbed and painted. Staff absolutely wonderful though.

1  Thank Rhonda A
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel was very oudated. I knew when I booked it that it was kid friendly but never did I think the pools were all just for kids. Never did it say anywhere that their great 8 pools were all 4 feet or less. The houskeepers were loud every morning at 8 am, it was a very unwanted wake up call. The hotel is pretty far from the pier and main attractions in Myrtle beach. Was not very clean and we had to ask for clean towels every time they cleaned our room. This is not somewhere I plan to stay at in the future. Spend a little more and get yourself something nicer.

Room Tip: Ocean view would have been nicer.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple