“we love sea crest”

Ranked #21 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Seymour, Tennessee, United States
“we love sea crest”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

it is a place to love this is my 1st time at sea crest but all the people that work there just make you fill like your at home we will be going back next year and the next one to thank you to all the people that work there at sea crest we love the week we was there thank you all see you next year

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Roger F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Reviewed July 5, 2013

the check in building was really nice and fancy but when I opened door to my $245.00 for july 3,2013 and $345.00 for july 4,2013 I was in total shock! my ocean front with a stove and refrig. pushed in corner of this tiny room.the balcony doors where dirty and when I took a sit on one of the beds,i damn near fell off of it! it was broke!i called front desk an maintenance was there quick to fix it.but the walls where horrible and bathroom was to small,we had to come out of it to dry off.when sitting on toilet you had no leg room.

Room Tip: in good location for beach activities,but rooms are horrible but dont let price fool you like me.i a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel was great. My kids and I loved it. We will be coming back next year. The pools was amazing. We had a great time. Everyone was so friendly and helpful there. Our room was very nice and clean. One of the best hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had a great time my grande ifs loved it. The only bad part of our stay is the parking it is across the street. And for the money we paid they should offer free breakfast but overall the stay was excellent. We will be back

• Stayed June 2013
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family loved the Sea Crest. The front office staff was very friendly and helpful upon arrival. I even had a request to be on a higher floor and they were able to accommodate me. My room was very comfortable and had a kitchen with everything I needed to make meals for my children. Housekeeping was great and everytime I made a request my items were brought to me in a timely manner. My kids loved the childrens water park, and the freddy the frog slide. They offered pool towels at the activity pool and that was very convenient. This is a very family friendly resort and good on your budget.Parking was across the street but thats common in Myrtle Beach so I didnt mind. Overall we had a wonderful vacation and will be back in september when the rates are even better !!!!!

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor bc the view is great !
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I just returned from a 3 night stay and the Sea Crest. It's a little noisy on the weekend especially but that's part of the fun! I knew going in it was not the Ritz, so I will say it is exactly as I expected. The staff was VERY friendly and respectful. At check-in I was given an upgraded room without asking. I wasn't even told about it until I went to the room! Awesome to end up in a "Jr. King Suite" rather than the "King Efficiency" I had booked. A big thank you to the lobby staff, along with the housekeepers...but most especially to a gentleman who was there day AND night it seemed, always with a smile! Joseph E. brought order to the hotel bank during check in among many other things!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wellsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our daughter was in a serious car accident and was in the hospital for 6 months. After weeks of rehabilitation we thought it would be nice to take her on vacation. Our daughters pick was to go to the beach. When I called to make the reservations I actually spoke to the front desk supervisor and explained the situation to her. I told her that our daughter is now in a wheelchair and that I was not sure if she would be able to go down to the beach so I wanted a nice handicap room with oceanfront view just in case she could not go down she would at least have a nice view. Well this is what we got.....

When we arrived the parking is horrible for unloading but they do provide handicap areas if you can find one. They have three elevators but only two of them worked most of the time we were there. It took forever to get a elevator if you were lucky. At times we waited 20 minutes. When I got to the room with my daughter and proceeded in the room with the wheelchair you could not even walk on the floor. It was like skating on an ice skating rink. My husband came up with the cart of luggage and I was still trying to get the wheelchair in the door. He had tennis shoes on and he could not walk on it. Remember this is a handicap room?????? The room was far from being handicap and my daughter tried to use her walker to get from the kitchen to the bed to the table but had to try and maneuver it sideways. I actually think they make any room handicap where needed by putting a sticker on the bathroom door. The room was so outdated and dirty it was unbelievable. Before going to the front desk to explain about not being able to walk on the floor, my husband and I check out everything. We headed out to the balcony and could not believe the smell. Someone had urinated all over the deck and it reeked of urine. We could not even leave the sliding door open and sit inside because the smell came right into our room.

We left the room and waited forever for an elevator that never came so my husband our 24 yr old daughter down 4 flights of stairs and took the wheelchair. At the front desk we were not the only family there waiting to complain. The family before us had three keys they ask for and only one key worked. After some investigating they noticed they had assigned the room to two different families. This family already had there things unpacked and half the family were down at the pool and they were told they had to move to another room .UNBELIEVABLE!!! When it was our turn I told them about the floor being so slick and the balcony reeking of urine and the room being so dirty and they said that they were fully booked. She said they could send maintenance up to disinfect the balcony and housekeeping to redo the room. They said they would call us later in the evening to make sure everything was ok. We went out to dinner and when we returned the floor was no longer slick but the balcony still reeked of urine. They sprayed something inside the room that smelled like something orange that a cheap motel would use. My husband and I went back out to the store to buy something to use to try and get rid of the smell, but were not successful. Needless to say our daughter viewed the ocean from inside the room. Oh, and they never called to see if we were satisfied and if everything was ok. I do not know why they would use carpet on the balcony anyway. That did not make any sense to me at all.

Also as other reviews stated we could hear people jiggle our door handle to see if it was latched properly. You really have to pull the door in order for it to close all the way. People that hang out on the streets I'm sure know this and that might explain some of the theft problem.

We did not stay our full week because it was just disgusting. I have never been on a vacation that I felt to write a review on but I think others should be aware. How this hotel received a 3 star rating I have not idea. I know we will never stay here again and I will make sure everyone I know is aware of this dump.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family