“Avoid if want bang for your buck!”

Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #21 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I booked this hotels on good reviews...don't be fooled! I usually don't really care where I stay as long as it's on the beach but I thought, well I'll splurge for this vacation. Boy was that disappointing! First off, I booked the days on separate reservations because of rewards coupons,etc on third parties. I've done this before at other hotels and it was not a problem. Well Sea crest made me recheck in every day and locked my key cards until I did so because "thats how their system works"...Very inconvenient because I've never had a problem with this at other hotels.Jesse was their only customer service staff that was apologetic about it. Yet they all gave me conflicting information saying that I wouldnt have to but then I would have to. And when I asked one of the blondes to offer us free breakfast for the inconvenience, she shunned us off. Dislike! It's just not that hard to combine reservations for the same damn hotel room, especially for paying customer of 7 days!

There were no amenities with this price of this hotel. No free breakfast. They served it at the Java but pricey for small servings! I think they do offer breakfast now if you book on their website? I'm not sure but ALL PAYING CUSTOMERS should get complimentary breakfast. We bought some eggs and bacon at the Ship Store but it really didn't save us money. Just more dishes to wash.

This is the first "resort" I've ever been to that didn't give towels for the pool area so make sure to bring your own. The pools are all covered with kids. This is not an adult friendly hotel. I even emailed prior to booking to see if this hotel does any justice for couples and they assured that there is something for everyone. You would think that them offering Jacuzzi suites that the rooms would be in a more private spot. NOPE. They are in floors 1-4 right above the kiddie water park. Yuck.

Wi-Fi is horrible. One day I had to connect to hotel next door and it worked!

The room layouts were nice. The jacuzzi is in a small bathroom that fogs up the mirrors real quick so if you are looking for an open jacuzzi type room, this is not the hotel for that. There is a kitchen with pots and plates and cups. No spices so if you plan to cook, bring that kind of stuff. You can walk a few blocks down to the corner shop as it is alot cheaper than the Ship Store. Yet the ship store was very conveient with being right by the hotel. We got a king partial ocean view since no king beds had full ocean front. Okay view. We were on 4th floor and got to listen to the music from the hotel next door. We liked that because they played our kind of music.

Elevators are random and slow. It's like a maze so you will have to spot the closet elevators. We had one that only went from our floor on down so that was nice. I couldn't imagine staying on the 14th floor and waiting for it!!

Location of the hotel is horrible! We never rent a car as we use the public transportation systems at our vacation spot....MYR bus's at this time I guess only run every 45 min. And they say it stops at 6pm but no one who works for the coast knows because some of the buses ran until 10pm! Taxi's are pricey! less than 2 miles down= $10 with tip. Do not use Atlantic Cab taxi.

We did walk about 1.5 miles down to where the huge sky ferris wheel is at. That is where all the stuff is happeneing. When we came in, there were no food places open about 11pm within walking distance so we ordered pizza a few times. Walk to kings hwy which is a block or two away. That is restaurants row! Captain Benjamins Seafood Calabash buffet is close and was sooo soooo good. Food coma on the walk home but was worth it!

There is ocean watersports within walking distance by family kingdom. We did para sailing at about $45 a person. That was fun!

Overall, Myrtle beach is very expensive and I wouldn't go back unless it was all paid for.Not much to do unless you have a car. We paid what we would normally pay for to go to say Jamaica, all inclusive ....and myrtle beach is ehhh. If we would have had a car and cheaper hotel room or a hotel that included the price we paid for...then the trip might have been different but the ocean was cold and I had to buy a hoodie for the week! I'm even from Minnesota and I've never been so cold on a trip before. Sure , It will be nice here in the summer time but I've learned my lesson to travel down south around this time.

Room Tip: floors 1-4 are jacuzzi suites with a view of the kid pool. So avoid that if you are looking for coup...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lilsweetie2043

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Overall the hotel was great. Everything that the website had before I booked the hotel was available. The rooms were great and the location where it was was wonderful. They had plenty of kids activities and they enjoyed every day we stayed. The parking garage was acroos the street, but if you got lucky you could park in front of your rooms, The staff is very friendly and the hotel is always under patrol.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Its totally worth it to go for the oceanfront rooms. They are stunning! But if you're on a budget the side rooms are still nicely furnished.

The staff were extremely helpful! Rachel is a true asset to the facility and was able to fix a small issue we had to more than a satisfactory level. The facilities are great, the outdoor Cabana Bar is a lot of fun and the water park, indoor/outdoor pools are fantastic. The kids would really enjoy all the water slides and play areas.

The location is within easy walking distance of many good restaurants and its easy to walk over to the boardwalk within 15 minutes or so.

I would gladly recommend this place to any friends and family!

Room Tip: Oceanfront Rooms are way nicer!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We originally stayed at the hotel next door to the Sea Crest. The hotel next door was not good (dirty, old furniture, broken appliances) and the manager tremndously adverse to customer service. We went to the Sea Crest and were greated by helpful staff, clean rooms and a nice view of the ocean. Though the trip was a bit rainy for the beach we made the best of it and used the indoor pools. My family had a nice time and I was glad we switched to the Sea Crest.

1  Thank ahoward0
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Overall, this was a good stay. There is a small parking lot in front of the hotel meant for check in an unloading/loading, but then the parking garage is across the street, requiring you to cross a busy street any time you need your car. The check in staff/manager was extremely nice and helpful, check in was quick and easy. There is a very small "lobby" were 3 elevators were kept. The ground floor was mainly composed of the pools. The floor of the elevator was always wet, b/c of people coming in from the pools. Sometimes the elevators were crowded or there was a long wait, since there were only 3 elevators for 15 floors of rooms! The hallway of the hotel was essentially "open air" which was a little unnerving as a mom, but I sort of got used to it, I guess. Essentially, you can peer over the edge of your "hallway" and look down to the parking lot or corridor of hotel. The room itself was nice, nothing super fancy, but definatley adequate. We had an efficiency, which had a full size fridge and stove, sink and cupboards with supplies. The room was clean, the bedding was clean. The bathroom area was a little small. The only complimentary toiletries were shampoo and soap (no lotion or conditioner and we were not given new supplies on our second day). The balcony area was a nice size, with 2 chairs. We had an ocean front room, and the balcony itself was very private. We could not see any other balconys from the hotel from our balcony. The atmosphere was pretty quiet. We were right across the hall from the elevators and I was never bothered by the noise of other guests or the elevator. I could not hear any noise coming from any other room at any time. The cleaning staff was very nice. There was security monitoring the grounds and pool area. One disappointment was that my kids (12 and 15) were too tall to ride the waterslide. One of the reasons we chose this hotel was for the fun looking water park. The waterslide seemed to be exclusively designed for kids 10 or younger- maybe even younger than that! I didn't like that, since who doesn't want to go down a water slide?? My kids were disappointed. Also, the pool did not provide towels. You have to bring your own. Most hotels offer towels at the pool. We did not try out any of the shops or restaurants here, so I can't comment on those.Overall, it was a nice place to stay. There is a great restaurant within walking distance of here, which was really neat.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The furniture could use an update again. The pillows were awful! Housekeeping tries to get away with doing as little as possible. The outdoor lounge chairs are nice. There is unfortunately a new latin restaurant next door that plays loud music so be aware if you get a side ocean view room. The water area for the kids is nice. The pool is

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I try to stay here every time i plan my vacation for the beach. Rooms are always clean and the service is on the spot. They will bend over backwards to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Very family oriented, and plenty of things for the kids to do! I definitely recommend this to all my friends and family! And i will always be a repeat costumer!

• Stayed: November 2012