“This is why I am not a high rise person...”

Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #21 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 18, 2013

There was nothing particularly wrong with our queen oceanfront suite (well, except the lack of outlets in the rooms- don't they know people need to charge their phones!), but the whole place has the tired feel of a 1970s Holiday Inn. The elevators took quite a long time, and the parking across the street was inconvenient. I thought they must have issues with break ins and theft as there were signs warning you to lock up your valuables, and even a price sheet in case you decide to take things like a soap dish or a kitchen appliance home! Egads!
To be fair, the kids loved the tiny indoor lazy river and the indoor pool. We also thought housekeeping did an excellent job. I looked carefully and saw no signs of bedbugs or pests of any kind. If I had to go here again for a group activity, I would, but it isn't the kind of resort I would visit on vacation.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank raleighgrl
Write a ReviewReviews (3,234)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our 2nd time staying at the Sea Crest. We have always enjoyed it and staff. The only complaint I have is I wish they had an outdoor adult hot tub. There are 2 indoor ones but it gets too hot, stuffy and chlorine smell

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recently stayed at Sea Crest. I only have one word to say, amazing!!!! Our room was very accommodating. And the view was incredible! I wasn't sure what to expect from an "angle" view, but it was 10 times better than I expected! I had read reviews where people complain about it being noisy in the hallways, but we never had any problems. It was quiet, even with the hotel being pretty full. The pools were great! I wish it had been warmer for us to use the outdoor pools, but I wasn't really expecting it to be warm enough anyway. The location was great too! I am so glad I chose Sea Crest as our hotel. Thank you so much for an amazing mini vacation with my daughters!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank BrieGodfrey
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel has it all.The room was large with a king bed and a double murphy bed. The kitchen came with everthing you would ned to make a meal in your room ie. plates ,pots,cups dish soap. It was very clean and warm in the pool area's.This resort is right on the beach,with great views of the ocean. When we go back to Myrtle beach this is the place we will stay at.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I enjoyed my visit overall. The only problem I had was when I booked the room through booked.com it doesn't tell you the type of room you would be in. My husband and I ended up in a very small room with 2 full size beds. Fortunaly we were able to upgrade the next night. That room was very nice with a ocean view. Loved it.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The room was clean, I liked how my son had his own room away from ours. We had our own kitchen with fridge, stove and micro wave. I loved the jacuzzi tub but the one button that directed the jets was broken, the water wasn't really hot and took a long time to get hot water. I liked how we could shut our door and my son could shut his door so we weren't bothering each other. Overall it was a nice hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor with an angle view of the ocean and I found it to be nice and the only thin...
1  Thank TLC21
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a nice resort perfectly situated on the beach. Staff are friendly, quick, the whole nine yards. We had a few issues in March 2012 and all seem to be resolved which I'm very happy with. WIFI still seems to be weak in the guest rooms which is still an issue otherwise, this would have been five stars. We will return again as the value for what you get is tremendous! Sometimes noisy at night. Car shows, some partying, nothing unusual but still noticeable.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the ocean view...worth every penny!