“Winter Beach Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 218 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
mt pleasant, south carolina
“Winter Beach Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel is dated but in great shape. Indoor pools worked! Rooms were big. We had a two bedroom with an angled view. Next time we will get a different view. I like a complete view of the ocean when I stay at the beach. This was my fault. I should have booked a different room.
The kitchen is dated however it had had everything that you would need to fix a meal. Bring your own shampoo if you are picky.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
Kenilworth, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here in August of 2012 and had the worst staff ever, While booking the hotel we asked for a high room, but only gave us a room on the 3rd floor (least of my concerns). Our maid would only come around 3:30 to clean our room, when leaving she would leave us hairs in our bed and no coffee! Our room was OLD! Our shower made this horrible noise that almost made me deaf. Our carperts were gross that had a large oder outside we had a balcony which was close to that bar so we couldnt fall asleep till 3 in the morning. This hotel needs better insullation. I DO NOT RECOMMEND! Pools were alright though.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room or else you get Palm Tree View
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank BrearlyBears2011
Monroe, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The hotel was excellent the only thing about it is if you smoke u can only smoke on the balcony with balcony door closed. and if smoke gets in the room and they smell it they will charge u a $250 cleaning fee.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ChristyMcFalld
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great stay. Just didn't understand why I got a warning for parking somewhere I asked could I park and was told yes. The hotel in in a very good location close to food, entertainment, and shopping. The pools and spas are wonferful and well keep.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sdphill
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

hotel staff were great, and very helpful, the hotel is very clean - the cleaning staff and grounds keepers were all very friendly and kept all areas spotless.
we had a private balcony which was private not as some others we have stayed.
overall very pleased - will be coming back

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robert p
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family and I stayed here during the beg of September in 2012. It was very family friendly with an onsite mini water park for children of all ages. The only thing things that could have been a little better were the sand on the carpet from the kids may make it seem a little unclean but after walking back and forth to the beach which was pretty much in our back yard, I understood that it was no way to keep it spotless 24/7. I asked for a baby play pin about a month in advance and when i got there they had none and said it was because some were broken and some were loaned out. Needless to say that upset me at first but they offered to call as soon as one came available. AS a mother of a 9 month old at the time i wish i would have just brought my own which is what I will do from here on out. The last thing that I didnt like was PARKING. it was accross a busy street and they had signs everywhere even in the front office of the resort that said Your vehicle may not be safe and if anything is stolen don't call them. When my husband made it to the parking deck a man's window had been punched out. We ended up waiting on someone to move from the parking spaces right in the back which was visable from my balcony and the onsite water Park. After we snagged the spot there we did not move our car until it was time to go home. Now with that being said we had a great time. The first 20 minuets of this vacation was the ONLY time I had a problem the 4 full days we stayed. There was so much to do being that it was in Sep the weather was a little funny but because we were on the beach we could come and go when the sun and rain did. There were also so many things to do we went to the aquarium and other Ripley attractions. I say if you have a chance take your children to Wonder Works! I love this place Science Meets Fun and comes to life. It kind of reminds me of The wonka choclate Factory. We went worlds away with each floor we went on my son designed a roller coaster, my daughter became intrapped in a human bubble, I danced on a back round screen that made me look as sexy as beyonce, my youngest baby girl played a floor piano like they did on the Movie big, we went to space, stood through a catagory 1 hurricane, became intrapped in a video game and that is only maybe 5 out of the 120 things to do there. We were able to walk down the steet to the amusement park and there are things to do for miles and miles around this location. I love this resort and the location the staff is very friendly. I would also like to point out we had a 2 room suite and it was very affordable without going on ANY time share tours. I suggest you go to the resorts websites because those 90 minuet tours get about 3 hours long. Have a great trip

Room Tip: Bring your own baby crib. Take parking near hotel even if you have to feed the meter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank ChuckandCassond... A
lancaster
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed in rm 731 during New Year's(2013). The carpet in the bedroom was soaking wet. It appeared to happen after we took a shower. Upon entry there was a musty smell. We thought it was from just being closed up. But walking on the carpet into the kitchen area was a hazard. I was afraid of slipping and falling. When we checked out I told the manager on duty that the carpet was saturated with water and the inconvience and hazard, she said she was sorry and have a good day. Other hotels that we have stayed in would have at least offered some compensation on this visit or a future one. We were not pleased with her response. We will not stay there anymore............

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family