“Cleanliness is next to godliness”

Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #21 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Excellent vacation resort. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Everything was clean and constantly being cleaned. Twice I called over minor issues and maintenance responded within five minutes and resolved. By the second day our housekeeper new and worked around our schedule. The resort is well run, maintained and oh yes fun to stay at!

Room Tip: Stay in the tower.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ExasperatedAgain
Write a ReviewReviews (3,229)

Reviewed September 17, 2012

we stayed in room 106 next to bath room our rug was wet and room is not remodel like they said told lady in office and she said have no more rooms that i can leave at eleven am this very bad business how are you going tell me that aim on vacation had to stay because kids had no were else to go could not sleep staff by bathroom early in the morning never again roaches all over worst hotel this summer and yes we called them they never called as back

Room Tip: spend more to get more you are better off
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here 4 nights with our daughter and family. We had two grankids in our room and they had the two youngest. All four kids, aged 1-7, loved the waterpark area and the beach. We were in the side building on the ground floor, and it was very convenient. There are many restaurants within walking distance. Our rooms were clean, and the housekeeping staff was friendly. The pools were all clean, and there are fences with childproof latches on the gates to help corral the little ones. Our bathroom was small and the door gets in the way, but we managed. Our mattress was shot, and needs replacing. I would stay here again with kids.

2  Thank sewut
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel was well kept up. My main complaint was that the hot tub was warm, not hot and the exercise room had outdated equipment. My coffee pot was broken and was promptly replaced. The AC worked great and the employees did their jobs correctly and were, for the most part, friendly.

The bed was awesome. Normally I have issues sleeping in hotels, however it was extremely comfortable. We plan on returning next year at this time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My Husband and our two boy's who are (13 & 4) years old, just returned on Sat. 9/15/12 from a week long vacation at the Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort. This has been our second year in a row staying with them. The resort is very family oriented, great rooms, and a lot of amenities to choose from. Our first day there we noticed it wasn't getting as cold as we would like in the room where our children were staying, so I called down to the front desk and they sent a maintenance man up to look at it. It wasn't getting as cold as it should, so he replaced the whole air conditioning unit that night. Also, I had went to the grocery store and bought some can food and the can opener in our room did not work. I called down to the office and they immediately sent housekeeping up with a new one. Not to mention, I called down and asked for more blankets and pillows for our boy's, they sent a whole bag up very quickly. Also, my 4 year old fell and hurt his knee, and the staff were very sympathetic and gave us lot's of band aids and antibiotic for his cut. The staff has always been wonderful there, wonderful pools, and a lot to choose from. The first year we stayed we booked the "Executive Suite" and it was amazing. This year we booked a "Queen Suite" and it was just as good. This resort even has a Tiki bar where the couples can go and have a drink if they wanted to. This resort is right next door to Captain Quarters, and you can even see the Family Kingdom amusement park right up the road. This hotel by far is the BEST I have ever stayed at. We now call this our "family vacation" spot. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, whether that be a couple or a family. It's just simply the BEST all around. My Husband and I are planning another trip down for Valentine's Day in 2013 (just like last year). We have stayed at the Sea Crest a total of three times, and have had nothing but good thing's to say about this hotel. I hope everyone enjoy's it as much as my family and I have.

Room Tip: If you book at least 90 day's in advance you will receive a 35% off discount. A big plus when yo...
1  Thank Brandy B
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Seacrest ocean front resort is incredible! Very nice service! Excellent room service! Located right by the amusement park and skywheel! Nice quaint tiki bar!the only negative was the pots and pans! We will definetly be staying there again!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Lost a pet and really was not in the mood for vacation. Since I already booked the Sea Crest we decided to go and try to have fun. It was wonderful. Clean room, great oceanfront view, pools and lazy river for relaxing. I will go back next year. I know it will be even better. The staff are all very polite and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at least on the fifth floor or above. Seems quieter.