“Worst of the worst!”
Review of Ocean Plaza Motel

Ocean Plaza Motel
Ranked #157 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here last summer and was so dissapointed.We were afraid to sit down our luggage.We checked out the next morning--- Early!
The pictures do look like this Hotel! Dirty,run-down and Terrible.

Room Tip: Good Reviews !
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nita668

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Theres so much wrong I will number them:
1) As soon as I checked in the lady told me someone called and cancelled my reservation. Took 25-30 minutes to fix over the phone w/ a manager. Then she charged me a $25 or so "resort fee". I asked if they could please waive this for the inconvenience of them losing the reservation and making my mother and I stand around for half an hour. They refused.
2) The light in the room didn't work.
3) There was at least an inch or more gap in the door. My mother and I stuffed a comforter under the door to deter bugs from entering as the door leads directly to the outside.
3) While you take a warm shower, you will be surprised by spurts of very cold and very hot water. The towels are also dingy and even torn!
4) Good thing we got two sets of keys because one didn't even work! It could have worked on another room for all we knew!
5) The soda machine, pool and hot tub were ALL out of order
6) The room was dirty! There was soda pop (i hope thats what it was) squirted and dried onto the white walls in the bathroom and vanity area. The floors were dirty and even had dirt behind the doors!
7) The employees have NO idea what they are doing! A manager has to be called for EVERYTHING! And if they cannot get ahold of her, you are screwed. The desk is also unattended at night. They have no knowledge of the area! They couldn't even tell My mother and I (from Michigan) what the closest restaurants in walking distance was! They also looked very unprofessional. One putting make up on as we walked in and one with a boyfriend hanging out on the couch in the lobby when we came in one night.
8) I asked to have an extra hour for check out. The girl left them a note and I stood there and watched her write it. Housekeeping knocked on my door at 11:04 am (check out was 11:00). The front desk called and said no note was ever left for them!
9) a couple in front of me was checking out a night early because the hotel changed their lock and put cardboard up on the lock w/ out notice! of course there is a huge "NO REFUNDS" sign and a "our building IS up to code" sign in the lobby. That should have been our sign to not stay, but being straight of the plane from Michigan and booking on priceline we could only go by reviews online. We would have felt more comfortable in a tent on the beach than here! Please at least ask to see an available room before you book here!

Room Tip: Ask to see an available room before booking! Go night to night here! If you pay for a few nights in...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jbusenbark
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Room was clean and good size for price. No card entry on doors here or the other sister hotels. Money got stolen from wallet. Never found, did file a police report but they couldn't find anything. They do no keep good records of who goes in to clean and the times. I will never go back here or the sister hotels of the polynesian, ocean plaza.

Room Tip: ALWays get a room with the card entry!! IT will tell you who was in and when.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GretchenClaire
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My family and I came here for a weekend getaway. We were a little skeptic because of reviews but for the price we decided it would do. When we booked our room we told them we have two small kids and need a working elevator. When we checked in we were on the top floor (7). The elevator only goes to the 6th floor, so we had to carry our kids and luggage up another flight of stairs! When we got to the room we immediately went and bought disinfectant spray! The floor was damp and squished under your feet. After walking on the floor for 5 minutes my son had black feet. We kept our shoes on the whole time. The bathroom was disgusting! The toilet still had poop on the bottom of the lid! We called for extra pillows and someone to clean the bathroom, they told us the hotel had no more pillows and someone would be up to clean the room. ( they never came)! The only good thing about this room was ocean front and since we weren't going to stay in the room too long we decided to stay. The front desk clerk was not helpful at all! We asked where the pools were located and she said she didn't think they had a pool. She asked another employee and they had no idea Either. She called for the manager and the manager said the pool was closed and if we wanted to swim we had to go next door. (very misleading since the pics show a few pools and jacuzzis). To get to the beach was like a maze. The staff also could not tell us the easiest way to walk to the beach. I guess you get what you pay for. We will not be back to the nasty hotel. It was a disaster

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed March 27, 2012

WOW!!I would like to thank all of the staff at the OCEAN PLAZA for a nice affordable long weekend ,we had a ocean front room that had everything we needed it was clean and comfortable, and even tho our coffee maker broke we were sent a new one very quick . Thank YOU !!! happy to meet such nice people .Linda Johnson 3-22-12 3-26-12

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for our spring break because of the inexpensiveness and the fact that it was one of the only places we could find that allowed 18 year olds to rent a room. We stayed in an oceanfront room on the top story. The room was not close to as bad as the reviews have said. There was minor things like a busted headboard and lamp shade. The washclothes/towels that we were given were kind of sketchy, having holes and black and yellow spots on them. Other then these minor inconveniences the room was great. It had a great ocean view, nice beds, everything was clean wen we got there. They did only clean the rooms like twice the entire week. But for how inexpensive of a hotel this is it was better then I could have expected. I'd defiantly stay here again and recommend it to friends but its more for college kids or families on a tight budget.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a ocean front room. Its only like $5 extra a night and defiantly worth it. Reques...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This hotel is a college party house!!!!!!!!!!! Not very clean. Our appliances in our room were damaged. The remote didn't work. We were promised the hotel would have the indoor pool open, but they didn't. However, they did move us to the one that did have the indoor pool and on the way there I was approched by two thugs standing in the parking deck!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com