“Excellent Food and Fabulous Staff”
Review of Cypress Room

Cypress Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Cypress Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #175 of 887 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
MI
“Excellent Food and Fabulous Staff”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I've stayed at the Island Vista and I've eaten at the Cypress Room for breakfast many times, this trip I finally had dinner at the Cypress Room and was very happy with my meal. Breakfast service is excellent. The food is always well prepared and presented. Dinner was even better. Shortly after ordering warm yeast rolls were brought to the table! Fabulous! I make yeast breads at home and starting my meal with warm rolls was a good sign. Next came the tomato basil soup. Another winner! Finally my family's meals arrived. I had the roast chicken. The sweet potato fingerlings were lightly seasoned and tasty. The corn pudding was excellent too. My family ordered filets which were properly prepared too. I highly recommend dining at the Cypress Room for breakfast or dinner!

• Visited August 2014

Richmond, Virginia
“Tastes Good”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed at the Island Vista and had a coupon to eat as guest at this Hotel, since it is on the same property of our Hotel. We have eaten here before back in 2012, and since we have visited again (July 2014), I write again and took a photo of my food. The place is still the same as it was when I was last there, we even had the same Waiter from back then, although much older now he is, he gave us top notch service. The restaurant still looks the same and is clean and comfortable. The food still tastes very good, but my dessert looked very good but did not tastes that great. I was disappointed in my dessert, the chocolate cake I had was like a tasteless sponge cake in its consistency and taste. This restaurant is highly priced, but if you have coupons it does help some. You still need a reservation to eat at this restaurant. I think they own the Tiki Bar to the Hotel as well, and if so the Fish and Fries are absolutely delicious.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank DeoniaNeveu
Easley, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Breakfast.”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Good standard breakfast food. Eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes. Friendly wait staff. Why go out to breakfast. Purchase breakfast plan when booking your room.

Visited July 2014
Canton, Georgia
“Stylish yet relaxed”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had dinner at the Cypress Room to take advantage of a gift card we were given at the registration desk during our stay in Island Vista Resort. We enjoyed our dinner very much, I think the restaurant is stylish, the food very good and service prompt and courteous.

Visited July 2014
Columbus, OH
“Good food, great service”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family & I enjoyed our dining experience at the Cypress Room. The menu is a bit limited to mostly seafood choices... Lobster amazingly not on the menu after all the hype of this being a premier "upscale" restaurant. However, Our food & my steak was delicious & the sides wonderful. The staff was very attentive & friendly. We were asked if we had reservations & that me wonder as the restaurant was half empty... during our week long stay we really never saw it full- certainly busier in the morning. The atmosphere & décor were quite pleasant, however didn't live up to the suggestion of this being an upscale or fine dining affair- this is a great casual dining atmosphere with good food at a beautiful beach resort- which really is what I wanted during my vacation! Had it been too upscale, I perhaps wouldn't have wanted to go through the hassle of preparing for dinner as an event! It was an easy choice, the price is right & the food is good!
I travel & dine out often in my work & would scale this as average for a good dining experience & will utilize The Cypress Room in the future...

• Visited July 2014