“I'm not from NY, but I TOTALLY GET IT!”

Kaminsky's New York Deli
Ranked #131 of 880 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“I'm not from NY, but I TOTALLY GET IT!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Insanely good. In a town that is drowning in restaurants and fast food chains, this is a hidden gem. The menu is original and unique to this area. Brooklyn P.C.T.'s ALL DAY! Ordered tuna macaroni...because I didn't want to get burnt out on their delicious potato salad. IT IS AMAZING. I ordered from the parking lot today, and it was ready before I could get to the door.

If you think that they are "grumpy & unfriendly", it's probably because you've been in the south too long and wondered why he didn't hit you with an annoying, over-the-top, fake-happy HELLOOO, as soon you walk in the door like a Wal-Mart greeter. He's all business. Sandwich order? Yeah, I got that. I'm not here to talk about the weather or your kids. Bing-bang-boom, out the door with a bag of hot deliciousness.

I...WILL...RETURN!!!

• Visited September 2012

michigan
“Not sure what the fuss is about”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Maybe because we aren't from New York, but we only thought the food was ok. Everything tasted fine, but we wouldn't seek this place out again.

South Carolina
“Slice of the Big Apple of the Empire State”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Authentic flavors, menu, and attitude from a transplant Yankee. Had the North been this tasty and friendly the whole 'recent unpleasantness' from the 'War of Northern' may have been avoided. From classic NY deli sandwiches to knishes to a NY cheesecake (graham cracker crust similar to Juniors of NYC), dining here is a great experience including the cacophony of NY and NJ accents you're sure to hear. Calabash shrimp is NOT featured so a great change of pace on Hwy 17. Decor is a tribute to heroes of 911.

“Grumpy and unfriendly”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Blt-bad. Turkey and cheese - good. Little pricey for standard lunch. 2 sandwiches plus drinks, 20+. Gentleman taking orders and cashing out treated us like we were annoying him as we tried to give him business. Will not return. Too bad, it is near our timeshare.

2 Thank wyllieg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jersey girl finds a slice of home”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Authentic NY deli not often found south of exit 1. And this Jersey girl especially appreciated the Taylor pork roll, egg and cheese sandwich! Lots to see here too, with moving tributes to those lost 9/11, NY sports teams and first responders. Our new favorite bfst/lunch stop in Myrtle. Thank you Mike and Eva! (and Trip Adisor!)